Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406213 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)

That was WAY better than I expected, holy SHIT.

Playable Dracula might be a really cool thing after all, and ALUCARD!

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
That was impressive! So did he just wipe out the remainder of the Brotherhood? What was with the Golem/Titan thing?

And of course...Alucard.

How far after LoS1 does this take place? There was no hint of any castle, just the church at the beginning.
Wut? It was a City-Sized Castle!

And I guess the game will be played from both perspectives.

And, oh surprise, Dracula LOOKS POWERFUL.
THAT'S A FIRST IN THE SERIES  ;D ;D ;D

Everything comes full circle

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
So yeah, Alucard has a sword. Is everyone happy now

No i wanted a vita version!

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)

And I guess the game will be played from both perspectives.

That trailer made Dracula seem super intimidating.

Makes his state at the end of LoS even more shameful.

Offline Thunderbrand

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Anyone else get a Lord of the Rings vibe to the mass genocide of those knights? The opening scene to Fellowship of the Ring where Sauron comes out of his tower & starts wiping out people in all directions looked awfully similar.
*I'm not a newbie...I had several hundred posts with this screenname on the old board*

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Screencaps for those who couldn't see?

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

WHATS THIS? DRACULA GETTING HIS HANDS DIRTY AND ACTUALLY PARTICIPATING ON THE FRONT LINES, MANO A VAMPIRE POWERS?

WHAT BLASPHEMY IS THIS
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Anyone else get a Lord of the Rings vibe to the mass genocide of those knights? The opening scene to Fellowship of the Ring where Sauron comes out of his tower & starts wiping out people in all directions looked awfully similar.

It actually seemed a little ridiculous to me, yes. I started getting worried that the game would just be Dynasty Warriors Dracula, but then Alucard showed up.

Alucard.

ALUCARD!

Offline REmaster

• EU SUNT DRACUL!
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

Yea I love how they incorporated part of his old costume into the new one, since he's no longer the noble knight Gabriel, nor the complete legendary Dracula. He needs a couple more centuries to fully embrace the Dracula look lol.
Oblivium Sempiternum Daemonis

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
That logo is sexy as fuck, and I REALLY like the new Dracula. Like, A LOT.

Offline Wonrei

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
That Alucard white hair on the last picture

Offline Thunderbrand

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I didn't get "city sized castle" from the trailer. It looked more like a big cathedral surrounded by a huge outer wall & some towers. Then thousands of knights tried to storm it and were slaughtered....thats what I'm seeing unless I'm hallucinating.
*I'm not a newbie...I had several hundred posts with this screenname on the old board*

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Castlevania: The Game of the Movie PART II!  :P

Ok, cinematically, that trailer was amazing. But the content felt like an extension of Lords of Shadows, rather than Castlevania. It seems to hint at a return to Alucard (maybe created during Mirror of Fate?), but that doesn't make me jump for joy, either. No gameplay shown and no classic music hinted at makes me nervous, too. The logo is really cool, though. (But I imagine people will be upset with it simply adding a "2" to the title).

Basically, this was a non-trailer. All we (maybe learned) is that Alucard will be a part of it, and Dracula now has a whip. (Which raises the possibility of playing both Dracula and Alucard...and now I see what people were saying about having a Belmont be Dracula as being disturbing).

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I'm surprised on how they respected the Alucard design (Yeah we haven't seen his face.. until 30 minutes from now, that is) you can already picture how he'll look, long flowing hair and all.
(click to show/hide)

Everything comes full circle