Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406402 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
of course the trailer could always just be the prologue video for the game, perhaps taking place even before MoF.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Yeah it was just a TEASER trailer, of course they aren't gonna show gameplay in a teaser people. That's what full trailers are for.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Everything comes full circle

Offline Wonrei

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Whips crack and war rages as a familiar stranger enters the battlefield in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2.
That description

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
That was a pretty cool trailer, I'll have to admit. Love the darkness of it. Let there be eternal night now that the Dark Lord has reign!

Though, I'm more interested in if Cox carried over LoS's criticism and worked it into this game. I WANNA see GAMEPLAY!!! Here's hoping the rumor was true that there's SOME form of playable demo on the floor(they said both CV games might have a playable demo).

Also, hope to hear some classic CV tunes. Considering Alucard's there, would love to hear an arrangement of "Dracula's Castle".
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 10:52:07 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Wonrei

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards

So... I wonder what will Simon do on Los 2?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
The Gametrailers trailer is probably extended.
Check the "Spike TV" thread for some quick pix I took of the trailer.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
(click to show/hide)

So... I wonder what will Simon do on Los 2?

At least Alucard has a damn sword, I only hope this means we get upgrades and new equipment. In-depth adventure for the win.

Super disappointed that it's NOT coming out for vita. Screw you Paul Gate's  network...

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
I completely believe the Trevor=Alucard theory now. It really does look like him.

I have this feeling Simon won't even be in LoS2.

Offline Darkson

• Hunter in Training
  • In the shadows, lurks redemption
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Is it possible that, if we do play as both Gabriel and alucard, that in the end, alucard dies?
Perhaps that is what drives Gabriel into a deep depression, one so deep that he'd forgo blood for over a hundred years?

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Very impressive. Finally we see why Dracula is leader of the dark forces. And I think its the first time in the series, where personally do something instead of yapping and sitting on the throne.

And Alucard...interesting. Interesting.

Is it me or the music in the trailer, before Drcaula opens the door to the balkony, sounds a lot like SCV4 music?

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
Guys and girls the wait totally worth it.  F@@k my mind is full of I cannot even make a good sentence right now.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 11:00:56 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Black Cat

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Trailer is awesome. I'm not a fan of the Alucard=Trevor theory though. I don't like the idea of either character replacing the other or being merged so to speak. Still gonna wait for a decent profile pic before jumping to any conclusions.