Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406234 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
This should go in the Mirror of Fate thread.
Keep the information proper, guys!

That MoF thing should not be called a trailer , and yeah, it hints to the oh-now-we-know twist we are talking about hahaha
Still, post it on MOF's thread ;)

Posted it there already Jorge  :)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I saw it.  We're all moving at very high velocities, but I meant the discussion thread (though the fact thread was indeed updated).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
I think the best part of this trailer was Dracula. Now, that's a villain I want to fight.
LOL, interesting side bit, I watched the trailer muted and played Ozzy Osbourne's "Bark at the Moon" from the start of the Konami logo, and it felt pretty damn epic(some of the musical cues even were on sync with the action).

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
I saw it.  We're all moving at very high velocities, but I meant the discussion thread (though the fact thread was indeed updated).

Very true it's crazy things are popping up every where I am going to check on the dragons return site right now to see if the gates have opened.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Oh Jorge, i see youve added LoS 2 to the games list!

I REALLY love the logo for it- What with the Dragon.

Speaking of which, LoS should probably get it's spot in the games section of the main site, no?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
I figured I'd actually do something on time, this time.
 :D

I happened to have caught that logo with my camera.  The editing was a nice job.
I will see about adding something to the site's Games section.
Modifying the site is quite challenging, which is why updates have been as slow as molasses (to existing sections).
I usually just modify the What's New and Dungeon pages.
But yes, I should make a LoS2 and MoF section.

REQUEST:
Can someone make a thread with "Just the facts" about this game, all compiled (and with as little 'discussion' as possible) so I can sticky it alongside the 3DS one?
I'd appreciate it.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 11:43:44 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Vrakanox

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
AND, perhaps the human Belmonts still remain a force throughout the years. If Simon is Trevor's ancestor, perhaps Trevor fathers a child who'd bare the Belmont name. A human child, which gives rise to generations of Belmont warriors(whom Simon will eventually be born from). But, after, like Gabriel, he is transformed into a dark form, and becomes Alucard. The parallels between Gabriel and Trevor could be pretty amazing if done right.

I'm starting to think this is what the story is going to be and maybe we will even have a Belmont character to play as fighting against Gabula.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards

REQUEST:
Can someone make a thread with "Just the facts" about this game, all compiled (and with as little 'discussion' as possible) so I can sticky it alongside the 3DS one?
I'd appreciate it.

Done
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Yes, except no facts were added at all...
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards

Rushed it my bad.
(click to show/hide)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
anyone else hyped over Undertaker/Dracula?
How about Hector/Alucard?

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Bu-b-b-ut Jorge! I updated the OP with the ONLY confirmed news we have at the moment :P

Everything comes full circle

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
I do like how he acts like a vampire though. I thought the Iga games were lacking in the biting of the neck.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
anyone else hyped over Undertaker/Dracula?
How about Hector/Alucard?
Is it just me or does his facial hair seem a little more defined than in LoS. LoS, he seems to be getting a facial shadow. Here, he looks like he's decided that he's going to eventually grow it out, which would be interesting, considering all the historic pictures of Dracula had him with that wild stache!

One thing I REALLY like about Gabula is his long coat. Viewing the embroidery and designs ont he back, it's pretty damn regal looking.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 11:59:17 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Mercury Steam did say LoS 2 would be using a new engine, I'm expecting it to look 100x better than LoS.