Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406079 times)

Offline meanguyjones

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
That's what I'm hoping. But if these two entries sell well, it might lead to another trilogy or something.

Why are you hoping they're done? Reverting the series back to how it was before MS took control of the franchise would kill it deader than dead right now, especially after this trailer.

How about hope that the game turns out well?

Offline Lords of Shitow

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

That thing was absolutely bogus just by reading the synopsis.

yeah you're probably right, unless the synopsis is screwing with us and most of the game is actually alucard with the codas showing gabriel getting those powers in the castle and facing the threat it talks about. they were mentored by kojipro for the first game so i wouldn't put it past them to pull an MGS2 on us, aka making us think we're playing as one guy when in actuality it's the silver-haired guy with the sword, haha.

interestingly the second part of chapter 9 is the name of a half-giant from greek mythology like the seemingly half-titan from the trailer and the next one's called "storming the gates." maybe the trailer is actually a cutscene from later in the game.

but yeah it's probably bogus considering like all the crap from the past week that wasn't from leak guy was basically bullshit, haha.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
The funny part is that the synopsis says that the key to Gabriel's power is in the Castle, and the second to last Coda chapter is called "The castle Rises"... I don't know, I somehow, believe that list.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
If that list is true, then why would the story tell us we're playing the role of Dracula? All of the chapters that aren't CODA listed sound like we're playing as a Belmont instead.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
If that list is true, then why would the story tell us we're playing the role of Dracula? All of the chapters that aren't CODA listed sound like we're playing as a Belmont instead.
Or Alucard.
As you can see in the site, the storybit we got was from a "Dracula" page, so perhaps that is the story for the Dracula-controlled chapters. They obviously wouldn't put an "Alucard" page without him being announced don't you think?

Everything comes full circle

Offline Mr.Bushido

• Vampire Hunter
  • I'm the insect woman
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Why are you hoping they're done? Reverting the series back to how it was before MS took control of the franchise would kill it deader than dead right now, especially after this trailer.

How about hope that the game turns out well?

I hope this game turns out well, but I still don't want MS to follow the LoS canon, and that doesn't mean that the series will go back to how it was. At all

Plus, I don't think MS wants to make Castlevanias forever
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 01:39:44 AM by Mr.Bushido »

Offline REmaster

• EU SUNT DRACUL!
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I updated the facts thread please check it out I think I did good on it. Thank you all for checking :)

Very nice, thank you :)
Oblivium Sempiternum Daemonis

Offline Lords of Shitow

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards

not gonna defend the list to the death because everything unofficial is dubious, but like i said it's not above them to do a crazy twist. gabriel=dracula was that, and they learned a bit from kojipro when making the first game. maybe they took some influence from the second MGS game and in the second LOS game they're going to make you think you play as one character (snake=gabriel) but in actuality it's a silver-haired sworld-wielding dude (raiden=alucard).  :P probably overthinking it like crazy but i could see it happening.

makes more sense to me that they'd have you play as alucard for the bulk of the game with snippets of gabriel spread througout than play as gabriel and have a big final encounter with alucard. just wouldn't have the same impact.

The funny part is that the synopsis says that the key to Gabriel's power is in the Castle, and the second to last Coda chapter is called "The castle Rises"... I don't know, I somehow, believe that list.

and the one before that is called "pact" with the level title "might." maybe in the codas leading up to that he finds the secrets of the castle then makes a pact and gains power.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 01:45:30 AM by Lords of Shitow »

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards

No problem I plan on updating it as soon as new news comes out till the day of release  :)

nvm, found it:

yeah you're probably right, unless the synopsis is screwing with us and most of the game is actually alucard with the codas showing gabriel getting those powers in the castle and facing the threat it talks about. they were mentored by kojipro for the first game so i wouldn't put it past them to pull an MGS2 on us, aka making us think we're playing as one guy when in actuality it's the silver-haired guy with the sword, haha.

interestingly the second part of chapter 9 is the name of a half-giant from greek mythology like the seemingly half-titan from the trailer and the next one's called "storming the gates." maybe the trailer is actually a cutscene from later in the game.

but yeah it's probably bogus considering like all the crap from the past week that wasn't from leak guy was basically bullshit, haha.

Should I put this in the facts thread?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Lords of Shitow

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards

i don't think so, it's way too unconfirmed. i just think it's kinda interesting to mull over in the meantime since we probably won't find anything more out about the game until like next year. :(

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Thought on the trailer before more people post (been more than 10 page in the pat hour, sheesh)

You can snag the vid from GameTrailers, if you haven't already

- Love his outfit. Reminiscent of his armor from LoS. Also, anyone else notice that Gabe is wearing the same "belt" and wrist guards from the LoS epilogue?

- At around 0:50-0:54, Gabe turns and looks at what appears to be a sarcophagus. Maria's corpse perhaps?

- Gabe looks absolutely badass as the count. REALLY nice design work by MS.

- At around 1:44-1:48 Gabe performs his signature Guillotine move from LoS. Nice.

- Wonder if all those knights he's killing end up as Axearmors and undead warriors in his army.

- Castle looks huge. Also, the stained glass window on the front (below where Gabe first emerges) could be the same window from the LoS epilouge

- HOLY CARP!! He actually turned into a dragon. Multiple forms hen fighting Dracula confirmed! Perhaps Alucard (who else could the white haired dude be?) inherits Gabe's shape-changing abilites to a lesses degree, thus the wolf?

- At around 2:35 Gabe's thinking "Dammit. Now who's gonna clean all this up?"

Anyhoo, my GOD, I cannot describe how excited I am for this. Haters be damned!! This looks absolutely amazing!
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
Thought on the trailer before more people post (been more than 10 page in the pat hour, sheesh)

You can snag the vid from GameTrailers, if you haven't already

- Love his outfit. Reminiscent of his armor from LoS. Also, anyone else notice that Gabe is wearing the same "belt" and wrist guards from the LoS epilogue?

- At around 0:50-0:54, Gabe turns and looks at what appears to be a sarcophagus. Maria's corpse perhaps?

- Gabe looks absolutely badass as the count. REALLY nice design work by MS.

- At around 1:44-1:48 Gabe performs his signature Guillotine move from LoS. Nice.

- Wonder if all those knights he's killing end up as Axearmors and undead warriors in his army.

- Castle looks huge. Also, the stained glass window on the front (below where Gabe first emerges) could be the same window from the LoS epilouge

- HOLY CARP!! He actually turned into a dragon. Multiple forms hen fighting Dracula confirmed! Perhaps Alucard (who else could the white haired dude be?) inherits Gabe's shape-changing abilites to a lesses degree, thus the wolf?

- At around 2:35 Gabe's thinking "Dammit. Now who's gonna clean all this up?"

Anyhoo, my GOD, I cannot describe how excited I am for this. Haters be damned!! This looks absolutely amazing!

Got my video from youtube.

It's a good time to be a cv fan now I hope that this game will sell way over a million if the game is as good as this trailer God of war, and especially devil may cry will be crushed we need the return of the giant back and this trailer shows why cv is THE action game and you know what we should help them in some way  ;D.

i don't think so, it's way too unconfirmed. i just think it's kinda interesting to mull over in the meantime since we probably won't find anything more out about the game until like next year. :(

Never know what about interviews and such it's bound to happen hell I'll make a twitter to get info out of Davic Cox if I have to. It may not be much, but it's something. But yes I'll stepback on this for now. For all we know it may be a proto type of the stage names.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I can't help but feel the incessant negativity from the fans forced MS to make this a trilogy.

I feel really bad now.

Hideo Kojima has said on several occasions that whatever MGS he was working on at the time would be his last.

Long story short - If it makes money, there will be more.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
lol, yeah. Kojima's been saying that it will be his last MGS since MGS3.

So here's hoping LoS2 and MoF sell like crazy ;D
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Good to hear they are keeping the LoS storyline short and sweet. I hope they'll return to the old timeline afterwards and wrap it all up before moving on to something new again.

Also, got this game confirmed for Vita? If not, perhaps that means we'll get something completely different for that system? 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 02:33:16 AM by Nagumo »