Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406251 times)

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Just watched the trailer again (for like the 10th time, lol). Anyone else notice that the battle takes place in what seems to be a courtyard? During the end of the trailer, as the camera pulls back from Gabula and Alucard, you can see much more of the castle.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Just watched the trailer again (for like the 10th time, lol). Anyone else notice that the battle takes place in what seems to be a courtyard? During the end of the trailer, as the camera pulls back from Gabula and Alucard, you can see much more of the castle.

Only for the 10th time?  ;D I lost count for how many times I watched it  ;)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Nox_A15

• CastleKeeper
  • Hunter in Training
    • CastleKeeper's Chronicles - The World of Castlevania
    • Awards
Hello everyone! :) I haven't been here for a really long time.

Nagumo - I'm afraid this is "something new". Looking at Konami as a company, they will support MercurySteam's vision of the series, because it sells much better. I would also love to see 1999 battle in old continuity, but there's a better chance that some epic conclusion of LoS (Dracula vs Satan in modern times?) will try to recompense it for us. I think Konami won't hesitate to create third continuity, if LoS one will come to an end (and it probably will - it looks like MercurySteam want to tell a full, closed story, rather than cloning games endlessly... yet ;)).

Also, wow - a chapter list? O.o Guys, where is this stuff from? I don't even want to look at that to not spoil too much. xD

Back to the trailer - have you noticed the face's reflection in the sword? You probably thought about such plot twist here already:

http://www.relyonhorror.com/specials/dailyvania-specials/dailyvania-will-trevor-belmont-become-alucard-in-mirror-of-fate/

What if it's Trevor, Gabriel's son, standing there? I wouldn't be surprised. :)
“No man knows till he has suffered from the night how sweet and dear to his heart and eye the morning can be.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
Trailer made me quite happy! As expected there's no actual gameplay but it looks pretty sweet. And dark as f*ck. And it seems Mercury Steam is reallly gonna play the Alucard....card.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
Why are you hoping they're done? Reverting the series back to how it was before MS took control of the franchise would kill it deader than dead right now, especially after this trailer.

How about hope that the game turns out well?

I never said I don't hope the game turns out well. It's like Nagumo said; I'd prefer Konami getting back to working on the original continuity after this is wrapped up.

What would you prefer? 25+ years of LoS?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 03:23:55 AM by A-Yty »

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Pretty cool trailer. The text on the site makes me worry, though. I'd really, REALLY rather have that rumored chapter list be true, with Gabe being playable in only the codas and last chapters. That would be excellent!

Also, it might be me but he really resembles the Undertaker.

Don't ask me why, but he kind of reminded me of Geralt from The Witcher, of all people. Seeing the white hair on Alucard or whoever might have influenced that, though.

I find it interesting that after becoming a vampire Trevor stopped using the combat cross and started using a sword.

Could be because he can't use it, is my guess. It's a holy weapon that could be used against him...could also mirror why Gabriel destroyed his version after he absorbed TFO's power.

It's..they're actually calling it Lords of Shadow 2.

Haha, that was my same reaction when I saw the Spike TV thing. I was kind of dumbstruck, and a little disappointed that there wasn't a cool name for it to be revealed.

Perhaps, as Ahasverus, this is the end of the LoS part of the new canon. This really can't be Mercury Steam's last Castlevania, right now my knee jerk reaction is demanding these guys take the torch after watching that trailer.

That's the first time we have ever seen Dracula that powerful and actually DOING SHIT, and not just sitting in his throne room waiting for someone to kill him again.

I dunno, if it sells well, I think Konami could persuade MS to make more. Look how many Metal Gear games they pestered Hideo Kojima to make after he (kinda) said he's getting sick of them!  ;D

But yeah, I loved that this 2-minute trailer re-establish Dracula as a force to be reckoned with. As others have said previously, I like the idea of him being both a warrior and a magic user.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 03:27:16 AM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline LoneChild

• C12H17N2O4P
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Ningun Lugar
    • Awards
LOL, two friends just told me "Hey, they're making those games you used to like again, did you see that trailer?"
Castlevania in the spotlight, again.

Five days until we see some in-game footage, i hope. Right now I'm more hyped about Mirror of Fate, but man this trailer is epic. Love the little details like Marie's tomb and Gabriel not reflecting in the mirror.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)

LoS2 game of 2013? Starts well.

BTW, I F*CKING LOVE Gabriel/Dracula's design.

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I gotta admit the trailer looks badass and if that's really Alucard then this game is going to be interesting.
Surprise me MS!

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
I kinda wished that the game would've been called something else. Even "Castlevania: The Dragon Returns" would've been better, even though it does sound ... wrong. I mean, "Lords of Shadow 2"? I dunno. Will the lords from the first game even have anything to do with this game? Or are there new lords? I mean, Zobek is probably in it but I dunno about Cornell or Camilla.

Actually, I would've preferred if the "2" was put after "Castlevania".

"Castlevania 2: Something of something", instead of "Castlevania: Something of something 2".

Dunno.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Oh, yay, the titans return. MS is not learning their lesson. And Gabe is the protagonist? Not Alucard? Strange. The power gap is really big there it seems.

Oh well, at least it is the last one in the mini-series. (Unless Konami execs force them to make another one.)

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Personally, my favorite part within the entire trailer was when he had taken that knight and dragged his ass across the battle ground, to only allowing us to discover how brutal Gabriel has become. Took the fuckers life with no remorse, petty and then lol wrecks the "Titan", did anyone also see that shit eating grin on his face as his eyes turned crimson when he looked upon what may be Alucard?

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Personally, my favorite part within the entire trailer was when he had taken that knight and dragged his ass across the battle ground, to only allowing us to discover how brutal Gabriel has become. Took the fuckers life with no remorse, petty and then lol wrecks the "Titan", did anyone also see that shit eating grin on his face as his eyes turned crimson when he looked upon what may be Alucard?

Yes, the grin. The GRIN! It was so awesome.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
More Titans? No f*cking climbing, Gabe rushes into them STRAIGHT.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I never said I don't hope the game turns out well. It's like Nagumo said; I'd prefer Konami getting back to working on the original continuity after this is wrapped up.

What would you prefer? 25+ years of LoS?

I would prefer they take their time to tell their story, not rush it out, cramming it all in 3 games, with one game potentially using a gimmick to tell like 4 different "chapters" with 4 different protagonists.

I'd dig at least 2 or 3 more games.

as for the classic canon, unless IGA, (if he ever gets back to CV that is,) gets a bigger budget with the success of LoS, it wont go very far.

I would also prefer if there was another producer involved besides IGA, to balance his bad habits.

The story is more or less concluded for the Classic canon, all thats left is possibly some games between LoI and CV3, but they would be "lolnodracula" so they probably wont happen. And the 1999 game is too hyped up and there is just too much personal opinion and too much shit surrounding it for it to actually please anyone, even if it did come out.

You know, like Duke Nukem forever. And given that IGA likes to put gameplay before story, in a game that would be story above all, well you know...

Honestly? id rather different studios get to take their shot at Castlevania games. See which of them do it well. That would be interesting. Give them a 1 or 2 game contract or something.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

anything