Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406377 times)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
To many pages to read and no time.......i just saw the trailer and i like more the new look of Gabriel, it suits better the Castlevania universe in my opinion, also i believe that the white hair person at the end of the trailer, is Alucard, so i'm asking you people, because i don't know if it is known, but are we going to play as Dracula against humanity or Alucard in a effort to save or destroy Gabriel? Also about music, i hope that the in game music will be something better than the one from the trailer or i'll be disappointed.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
The trailer looks good so far though I am disappointed at the posts of this being the last game in the series I would like a Lords of Shadow 3 just because doing 2 main games really messes with my ocd even though there is MOF I would like to see a 3 somewhere. Yeah I get it I'm odd like that. But the trailer looks really awesome I got a castlevania vibe from the first part of the song that played so I hope they lean more towards that as far as music goes and really make the music more dark and melodic. Personally, if MOF leads to LOS2, its not impossible to think this game is still set in medieval times I mean LOS took place in the 11th century so that sa long time before the modern age shown in the epilogue of LOS and MOF takes place of a span of centuries. So say for example Trevors story takes place 25 years after LOS, Simons takes place another 100 and so on that would still place the game still with in medieval times. As far as "Alucard" is concerned until it is revealed he is Trevor or Simon or someone else I'm gonna say that Gabe got lonely and produced a Dhampir. I dont care who you are man or female (and not to sound vulgar) but you are gonna need some "action" every once in a while regardless of how broke up you are. Again though I am not gonna count me eggs before they are hatched.

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Not sure if this was posted, the thread is growing too quick  lol

Trailer in 1080p without watermarks.

http://gamersyde.com/download_castlevania_lords_of_shadow_2_trailer-27149_en.html

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
I won't dump LOS2 in the trash just yet,  but I just laugh at Mercury Steam's shameless attempt at winning more fans by dragging Alucard in their sad excuse for a "Castlevania" series.     ;D

It makes sense they would aim for trump card fan service like that since they already ruined the whole Belmont =/= Dracula case.

besides the white hair, the sword, Alucard's primary weapon, gives off the big hint it is them.  of course they would choose them to maximize profits.   because if it was a Belmont with a sword, MS would lose even more fans.

I don't think MS will break the habit of making the gameplay like GoW instead of Castlevania, so not expecting the level design to improve (or the character designs for that matter).

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Whenever I read Affinity's posts, I feel angry...

But going back for a moment- to Dracula using a hellfire whip-

It isnt all that strange. Consider that when he was Gabriel Belmont, member of the Brotherhood of Light, he used the Combat Cross, a whip weapon. He was an expert in whip combat.

He destroyed the holy Combat Cross which could be used against him and stood for God and the Brotherhood, both of whom he feels have betrayed him and caused his situation, but he is still accustomed to fighting with a whip, so it makes sense that he would still use a whip like weapon, only this time, an ethereal whip made from his own demonic powers.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 08:41:54 AM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards

Then maybe it's time to take a break, dude  :P

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
A close look at the white haired stranger

Yeah im gonna say it's Alucard.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards

After the title card at the end.

Here's another close up look with him and Dracula.

Offline xscientist5000

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
I'm blown away.. I think this is going to be amazing.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

Here's another close up look with him and Dracula.

Dunno about you guys but that sword looks pretty katana-esque to me. :-X
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Lords of Shitow

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
A close look at the white haired stranger

Yeah im gonna say it's Alucard.

and i'm gonna say alucard is also trevor!

Offline TheFly22284

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Yeah, I'm increasingly convinced that this is Alucard, and that LoS Alucard is either Gabriel's light side or later self looking for penitence. It would really explain a lot. He could still be a later Belmont, but this subseries is all about dualism.

Edit: That side by side of Trevor, though, is pretty convincing.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 09:16:18 AM by TheFly22284 »

Offline Vrakanox

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

https://twitter.com/#!/castlevanialos

Also the website has a picture of Gabriel with a sword.

http://www.konami-castlevania.com/#/media

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards

But going back for a moment- to Dracula using a hellfire whip-

It isnt all that strange. Consider that when he was Gabriel Belmont, member of the Brotherhood of Light, he used the Combat Cross, a whip weapon. He was an expert in whip combat.

He destroyed the holy Combat Cross which could be used against him and stood for God and the Brotherhood, both of whom he feels have betrayed him and caused his situation, but he is still accustomed to fighting with a whip, so it makes sense that he would still use a whip like weapon, only this time, an ethereal whip made from his own demonic powers.

Fanboys are really something huh... fanboyism in general irritates me... afinnity in HoD threads, Ahasverus in LoS threads.

anything