Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406265 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
well as someone who was not a fan of LOS I must say that Cox and his team has been impressing me bit by bit with every bit of new stuff that they are revealing.

First Mirror of fate and now this which I must say was a damn good trailer.

And that white haired guy HAS to be Alucard.

Dear god I hope Cox doesn't troll us by revealing he is not because that would be a kick in the balls if you ask me.

One thing I noticed is that Gabriel looks a good deal younger and less "vampiric" than he did in the LOS ending which means that this game takes place before that. Seeing how those soldiers look even further confirms this. I bet that this part of the game is the flashback that was alluded to regarding Gabriel and will also be the part of the game that takes place directly after Mirror of Fate.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
You know who should REALLY get Castlevania next?

FROM SOFTWARE.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

Atmospherically, I personally think LoI did better.

I have to write this all over again   time clocked out>:(

If I had a check/grade list. I think that Los would edge out LoI in some areas. Now I might sound like a broken record, but that atmosphere you are talking about is good, but to me it somewhat loses it's meaning due to repetitive rooms and such that copy paste thing which really kills the atmosphere in my opinion LoS while different was really never the same something new always poped up which made the atmosphere maybe not a gothic one but an overall better one, not to mention the platforming how is it that LoS had more platforming that LoI, and even if I question LoS platforming I cannot deny that something is at least there.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Based on the official Castlevania LoS2's website that was opened today (http://www.konami-castlevania.com/), and its artwork and synopsis pages, I have to wonder if a chunk of the game design in LoS2 is based on SotN. We see a big picture of a wolf head, a focus on bats by a tree--are we talking Alucard and/or Gabeula transformations? "The vampire lord must reacquire his old powers – and only his castle holds the key." Sounds like they'll start you back at zero close to the beginning and you're searching a castle for ability upgrades...

I read this, too, but don't quite understand. Basically, MS is leaving Castlevania after LoS2/MoF. What then? Is it: Konami has to decide whether to continue the Lords of Shadow style or go in a different direction? Or is it that they just need a new studio to continue LoS?
I'm starting to thin MoF will end with Dracula being stripped of his powers and, maybe, sealed off somewhere. LoS2 being about Dracula trying to regain his powers, it makes sense.

LOL, funny case scenario, after LoS2, Konami decides to pull further development back in house, Japan, and.... decides to let IGA handle the new canon.... ;D That would be HILARIOUS!!!

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
I'm starting to thin MoF will end with Dracula being stripped of his powers and, maybe, sealed off somewhere. LoS2 being about Dracula trying to regain his powers, it makes sense.

LOL, funny case scenario, after LoS2, Konami decides to pull further development back in house, Japan, and.... decides to let IGA handle the new canon.... ;D

...... :-X

MS has worked on an open world game right with scrapland so what if they were to work on a Fuma game unlikely yeah but one can dream right.

Edit I made the facts thread a bit less cluttered for anyone who has not seen it yet. TY for reading  :)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 12:34:10 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
That sounds really awesome if that's how things end up. LoS2 being about Dracula would make a ton of sense then.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
Seeing as how CV64, LoD, CotM and Legends were excluded from the canon his games' continuity follow, I'm not sure he would even want that. One of the reasons the canon was/is getting heat was that he wanted to follow up on the games made before him.

What he & the writers maybe should've done was follow the Hideo Kojima School of Video Game Storytelling. It is based on two steps when you find yourself in a corner and in need to write new things:

1. Retcon what doesn't fit
2. Receive applause for great storytelling.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 12:39:29 PM by A-Yty »

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Wow i've always dreamed of playing as Dracula ever since AoS and Soma.But i think i still prefer to play as Alucard. Can't help it, i'm a huge fangirl  ;D.
I think i'm gonna give this game a shot when it comes out, even though i really don't like what MS and Cox did to the series.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 12:42:35 PM by Odile Kuronuma »

Offline Mr.Bushido

• Vampire Hunter
  • I'm the insect woman
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)

FROM SOFTWARE.

FROM MOTHERFUCKING SOFTWARE? no seriously, that would be awesome.

But I think I'd rather go with Platinum Games though, after LoS I i'd like to see a less mature approach for the series, while still having a big budget

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
A From Software Castlevania game would be awesome.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
Goddamnit, I said it first. Where is my e-reputation raise for this achievement  >:(

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards

LOL, funny case scenario, after LoS2, Konami decides to pull further development back in house, Japan, and.... decides to let IGA handle the new canon.... ;D That would be HILARIOUS!!!

Yep. But you know what's also REALLY funny/weird. If you go back and watch the 2008 Alucard Prototype Game trailer (Castlevania PS3/360 '08 prototype (English Subtitles)), it could almost be a trailer for LoS2 from the opposite perspective. The lighting/color, the focus on the glowing red eyes, white-haired character with sword, and the forming of a handheld weapon from disparate red energy/blood...It turns out that MS is leading up to IGA's lost Alucard game. ;)

FROM SOFTWARE.

Hmm...Dark Souls is an impressive game. Ironically, it's more in the vein of Castlevania 64 with its full-3D camera and lack of major combos. (Extra ironic that CV64 gets bashed for these things). However, I haven't seen From Software show me a sense of action-platforming rhythm.  Not a lot of platform jumping there. And I don't want Castlevania to go too far into the stiff stats/RPG area. I think they have potential, though. Based on Dark Souls, they'd be better at a something more toward a 3D Castleroid than a 3D Classicvania. I might like to see a new team do it, though. Honestly, I'd like to see a very fresh take on Castlevania, one that isn't afraid to buck the trends of modern gaming while still hitting Castlevania's traditional gameplay hooks.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 12:51:40 PM by RichterB »

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
A From Software Castlevania game would be awesome.

Meanwhile I am going to look up from software.

Edit Nevermind  :rollseyes:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 01:16:00 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)

Offline ZenTzen

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
A From Software Castlevania?
I dont know, i dont think thats a really good idea, while Demons and Dark souls are pretty awesome games, they would have to improve in a lot of areas to make a really good CV game, especially the combat/platforming and story focus and get rid of some of the stuff that are present on those games

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
And that white haired guy HAS to be Alucard.

Yeah it HAS to be him. But what if it's someone else? To be franc his outfit reminds me a bit of Hector's or even Joachim.Alucard isn't the only white haired dude of the series.

anything