Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406474 times)

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
ok from viewing the trailer, it looks like hes more dracula looking in appearance fighting wise, looks meh
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Yeah it HAS to be him. But what if it's someone else? To be franc his outfit reminds me a bit of Hector's or even Joachim.Alucard isn't the only white haired dude of the series.

I get the sentiment, and I don't mean to rain on any parades, but can I be reminded why having Alucard means all of LoS' flaws have been automatically fixed? I mean, Alucard is in HoD for PS3/XBOX360, and last I checked, that wasn't a jaw-dropping gem. Plus, the LoS shout-outs of the past, such as Cornell or Renaldo haven't exactly been stellar; more like lip service. With a few cosmetic changes, Hector could have been Alucard in CoD, but that wouldn't have fixed CoD, either.

Again, though, it's interesting to note some of the reminiscent similarities between the '08 cancelled Alucard game trailer and this new LoS2 trailer.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Yeah it HAS to be him. But what if it's someone else? To be franc his outfit reminds me a bit of Hector's or even Joachim.Alucard isn't the only white haired dude of the series.

Yea, but he is the most poplular and well known white haired guy in the series and I'm sure Cox knows this.

The chances of it being Hector and Joachim or slim to none.

But the chances of it being alucard are MUCH higher.

Also I noticed something earlier with the trailer.

You actually get a shot of this guy's face in his sword and he is clearly not human judging by his yellow eyes.

look here

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Dear god I hope Cox doesn't troll us by revealing he is not because that would be a kick in the balls if you ask me.
It is definitely Alucard. There should be no doubts about this.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
It is definitely Alucard. There should be no doubts about this.

I know, but a few seem to think that its a possibility that it is not.

I agree that there IS a possibility, but its pretty damn small.

Cox himself even said that he was interested in adding Alucard to the LOS universe and now this guy shows up with white haire, yellow eyes, and a sword and we are not supposed to believe he is alucard?

The only way he is not is if Cox wants to troll the hell out of us.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
You actually get a shot of this guy's face in his sword and he is clearly not human judging by his yellow eyes.

Plus the wolf in the other poster had yellow eyes, so I'd infer that it's a character that can transform into a wolf. Alucard would be it...
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Cox himself even said that he was interested in adding Alucard to the LOS universe and now this guy shows up with white haire, yellow eyes, and a sword and we are not supposed to believe he is alucard?
They wouldn't throw him in there if it wasn't Alucard, they know how important the character is to Castlevania fans.

What I want to know is if we'll ever play as him. This new Alucard looks really awesome so far.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 01:42:01 PM by OSM »

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I think it's safe to say Alucard will probably be a secondary playable character. maybe they switch off like in mirror of fate.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards

What I want to know is if we'll ever play as him.

That would be even worse than if it wasn't him if you ask me.

Throwing him in and getting the fans all excited only to make him unplayable would be a dumb move if you ask me.

Expecially with him flaunting that badazz looking sword around which I'm sure people would like to see how sword gameplay would translate into the LOS universe since the primary weapon has allways been whips.

It seems that Gabriel/Dracula will still be using a whip but only a vampiric version of one which would make it a good way to distinguish the characters by having 1 with sword gameplay+vampire powers and the other with whip gameplay+vampire powers.

Offline ZenTzen

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
What i want to know is how are they gonna make the whole relationship between Alucard and Gabeula, or if they are even gonna make him is son

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
What i want to know is how are they gonna make the whole relationship between Alucard and Gabeula, or if they are even gonna make him is son

Well for those who still thinks Alucard=Trevor they could make it to where in Mirror of Fate Trevor beats Gabeula only to be cursed somehow to share the same fate as his father by becoming a vampire. In anger he seeks revenge and starts to aid his descendants from the shadows as Alucard (his father's new name spelled backwards).

But for those who believe he is the halfbreed son of Gabeula they could make it to where he once was on the side of his father but after something happened his view of him changed and he switched sides and now aids the humans in their fight against his father.

Either way, I still want Alucard to be his son.

But I would rather him not be Trevor.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
It'd be more awesome if they got Robert Belgrade to reprise him

SOLD

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
First thing that came to my head was Battle of Helms Deep from Lord of The Rings. They're still using that generic music again too.

Castlevania is dead to me.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

Well, there is some precedent, sadly that precedent is....

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Man, I had forgotten how horrible the Judgment designs are. Cornell was good and...that was about it.

anything