Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406221 times)

Offline Thunderbrand

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I'm starting to thin MoF will end with Dracula being stripped of his powers and, maybe, sealed off somewhere. LoS2 being about Dracula trying to regain his powers, it makes sense.

I could see that happening, or something similar. It would also help explain why we play as Gabula even though he's a "bad" guy. This could also easily setup a nice split ending where if you win the game as Gabula, get your powers back or whatever it leads to, it shows the dark, open ending with hints at Drac's future. Or if you lose the game, it shows the "happy" ending with Alucard/the Belmonts' victory and sets up the every-100-year castle/Drac rising? Ohhh the endless possibilities lol
*I'm not a newbie...I had several hundred posts with this screenname on the old board*

Offline Ascension

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Loved the trailer.  Excellent job on making Gabriel look and "feel" more evil.  Him creating a whip from his arm really doesn't bother me at all.  Plus, I loved the homeage of three fireballs.

I'm hoping that's Alucard.  That guy looks bad ass either way.

Awesome trailer, can't wait until E3 to hopefully see some gameplay.

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
The black and red smoke thing is how I saw the, ermm, the-Dracula-Attack-that-its-not-normal-fireballs. I really like it

Man, I had forgotten how horrible the Judgment designs are. Cornell was good and...that was about it.

I dont think that they were bad themselves. Just bad for CV

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Yep. But you know what's also REALLY funny/weird. If you go back and watch the 2008 Alucard Prototype Game trailer (Castlevania PS3/360 '08 prototype (English Subtitles)), it could almost be a trailer for LoS2 from the opposite perspective. The lighting/color, the focus on the glowing red eyes, white-haired character with sword, and the forming of a handheld weapon from disparate red energy/blood...It turns out that MS is leading up to IGA's lost Alucard game. ;)

Hmm...Dark Souls is an impressive game. Ironically, it's more in the vein of Castlevania 64 with its full-3D camera and lack of major combos. (Extra ironic that CV64 gets bashed for these things). However, I haven't seen From Software show me a sense of action-platforming rhythm.  Not a lot of platform jumping there. And I don't want Castlevania to go too far into the stiff stats/RPG area. I think they have potential, though. Based on Dark Souls, they'd be better at a something more toward a 3D Castleroid than a 3D Classicvania. I might like to see a new team do it, though. Honestly, I'd like to see a very fresh take on Castlevania, one that isn't afraid to buck the trends of modern gaming while still hitting Castlevania's traditional gameplay hooks.

That's because the execution in CV64 fucking sucks. The game being old and dated, even for it's time, don't help at all.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
I'm not convinced. Sure they look similar, but their armor is pretty different and their details are different.

-Same Gauntlets/Arm-guards
-Same left shoulder on what is also a long coat
-Same Leg armors/boots
-Same hair except for color

You could be right, but I doubt it. Trevor being Alucard doesn't bother me at all, in fact, I like it.

I thought making Gabriel a Belmont, was honestly, pretty stupid and the sort of thing I'd expect from Hollywood. Doing the same with Trevor/Alucard would be cliche and equally stupid. I expect better.

Yeah, because up until LoS came along, the writing and overall story arch in Cv has been practically Shakespearian in quality :rollseyes:
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Wonrei

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
-Same left shoulder on what is also a long coat
-Same Leg armors/boots
-Same hair except for color

You could be right, but I doubt it. Trevor being Alucard doesn't bother me at all, in fact, I like it.

Yeah, I mean, look at this pic posted a few pages ago...

Also, even if it's a bit dark, Alucard's clothes do look like they are green/yellow too.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Yeah, because up until LoS came along, the writing and overall story arch in Cv has been practically Shakespearian in quality :rollseyes:
Don't makes LoS writting any better at all. It still sucks, a lot.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
The site seems to have at least one pic of in-game action in the Mercury Steam behind-the-scenes photos. Looks like maybe a skeleton with a shield on its back holding a long battle axe perhaps? HUD and camera and all look very similar to LoS1. There's also one art piece in that same section...something like Dracula's second form from CVIII, but with legs and a meat hook through it. There's some other artwork there, but I don't know if it's all related to LoS2.
The picture of the thing with legs and meat hook is seemingly from Clive Barker's Jericho. It's the art piece on the glass panel, right? Zooming in it says "Jericho" on it's corner.

Offline TheFly22284

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
One thing I like about the probability of Trevor and Alucard being the same person is how it works with the broader Castlevania multiverse. In the classic timeline, you have the team-up in CVIII. Here, you have a connection between the two with a slightly different nuance, much like the Matthias/Gabriel returning to a dead bride deal. It's kind of like folklore or mythology (or as Cox has suggested, Marvel's 616 and Ultimate continuities). It's not even that different from what people thought about Zelda for the longest time. We're just hearing different versions that may as well have been handed down through slightly different cultural channels. I approve.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Yeah, I mean, look at this pic posted a few pages ago...

Also, even if it's a bit dark, Alucard's clothes do look like they are green/yellow too.

I just took a closer look at than, and those match right down to the way his shirt splits below his belt.

Trevorcard confirmed for Brawl.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

Oh please,

Lets not turn this topic into a another "IGA fucking storys suck Cox is better" type of thread shall we?

The mood should be more friendly with the latest news and trailers of lOS2.

And yet if another IGA vs Cox war starts up it will damper it.

Hell, If someone like me who did not like LOS or Cox before the latest news about these games can become optimistic and hopeful for his latest 2 entries it shows there is hope for winning some of the naysayers over.

But not if guys like you constantly keep shitting on IGA and bringing the mood down.

It all boils down to Cox creating a game that appeals to old and new fans alike, and judging by games like Mirror of Fate, that is what he is attempting to do.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
I just took a closer look at than, and those match right down to the way his shirt splits below his belt.

Trevorcard confirmed for Brawl.
That's pretty sick actually. I kinda think Trevor as Alucard is cool even though it fucks up stuff in IGA's timeline or maybe, it doesn't. Also about the LoS2 vid, is that SATAN strung up on the ceiling at the beginning?

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
That's pretty sick actually. I kinda think Trevor as Alucard is cool even though it fucks up stuff in IGA's timeline or maybe, it doesn't. Also about the LoS2 vid, is that SATAN strung up on the ceiling at the beginning?

How does it fuck up ANYTHING in the old canon?

The thing is, this is not part of the old canon (obviously) which means that it has no bearing whatsoever on whats been established in the old canon.

That being said, I still do not want Trevor to become Alucard.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards

1. The 12th picture on the LOS2 website looks like Mark Callaway, who would make a pretty good Dracula.

2. When do this and MOF come out?

3. If Alucard and Dracula are in this game and playable that is awesome. I only hope a second Belmont is in this and playable.

3. And most importantly...UN-Holy Fucking Shit!!!! Two very impressive looking titles at last coming from the franchise.

Making plans to buy both games even though my nephew is the one who owns the 3DS.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 10:22:31 AM by The Whip Her Snapper »

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
    • Awards

anything