Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406122 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
How does it fuck up ANYTHING in the old canon?

The thing is, this is not part of the old canon (obviously) which means that it has no bearing whatsoever on whats been established in the old canon.

That being said, I still do not want Trevor to become Alucard.
ummm, that's why I mentioned it probably doesn't...and Trevor is my favorite Belmont over Simon and Richter (others). I think if I had a choice of who would make the coolest Alucard, I would choose him. He was badass in Curse of Darkness. I think him being Alucard in the reboot adds to the character...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 03:54:22 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
I just took a closer look at than, and those match right down to the way his shirt splits below his belt.

Trevorcard confirmed for Brawl.
An important thing to note is that his attire is flipped, check out his hair and the belt on Trevor and then Alucard's.

As if it was his own reflection when looking through a mirror.

...oh shit.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
ummm, that's why I mentioned it probably doesn't...

But there is no "probably" to it, that was the point of my post is to tell you that it DEFINITELY does not.

@Maedhros

It depends really, If the flashback part of the game is during the time of Simon Belmont than yes he could be in it.

But if its in the future than obviously he can not, unless he somehow become immortal or something.

I would rather Julius Belmont be introduced for the "final battle" in the modern time settings of the game.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)

He just might be. Cox did says Mirror of Fate sets up right into LoS2, and if Trevor really is Alucard (which I'm not entirely sold on yet but we'll see) then that would leave Simon to clean up Gabriel's mess.

Hopefully you'll be able to play as all three (Simon, Alucard, Dracula) in LoS2. I've always like playing through one game as multiple people

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
An important thing to note is that his attire is flipped, check out his hair and the belt on Trevor and then Alucard's.

As if it was his own reflection when looking through a mirror.

...oh shit.

Good Catch! Someone +1 him!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Hopefully you'll be able to play as all three (Simon, Alucard, Dracula) in LoS2. I've always like playing through one game as multiple people
If Simon is in LoS2 I definitely want to play as him, it would be a massive tease to make him unplayable.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Completely unrelated, but I just realized something.

Mirror of Fate has a time jump in it, with Trevor's story taking place only 24 years after LoS and Simons apparently leading into LoS2. If LoS2 takes place in 1400-1500 at the earliest (not including the inevitable future timeline), then it's allowed to be the last game, because that still leaves 400-500 years for in-between titles in the Lords of Shadow timeline.

Yay!

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
If it took place in modern times, there would be planes bombing his castle, the soldiers would be carrying grenades and machine guns, and I'd expect a tank or two. There was none of that in the trailer. Sure, one has every right to wonder if this trailer was just a sort of prologue to the new game, but then why tease Alucard like that? It doesn't make much sense.
I think it'll be in modern times because the epilogue of LOS1 seemed to mark the beginning of a new quest, and if they're not going to make any more games, I don't know when they would ever get to this.  For a brief moment after watching the trailer, I thought maybe it'd take place in an earlier time period.  But when I read the story on the website:
"In this shocking conclusion to the Lords of Shadow saga, Dracula returns once again, weakened and yearning for release from his immortal bonds. Facing a new and powerful threat, the vampire lord must reacquire his old powers – and only his castle holds the key. However, the famed Belmont clan also seek his ultimate destruction."

I went quickly back to thinking it'd be modern.  Weakened and yearning for release of his immortal bonds sounds exactly like what we saw in the LOS epilogue.  He starts out weak, just like in the epilogue.  "Satan" doesn't strike me as a "new" threat, but it's probably what's meant anyways (unless he's gonna take on Galamoth?) 

I surmise the trailer we saw was the epilogue to the game.  Perhaps it leads in to a small tutorial so you can get a taste of what Dracula's fully capable of when he's not all decrepit and understand what you need to aspire to be.  Or perhaps you'll actually fight as Alucard for a brief moment, and afterwards a SotN inspired crawl screen that will say "It was Alucard who destroyed Dracula hundreds of years ago..." and then it drops you into the epilogue time period as Dracula.  Maybe the prologue is a recap of what happened at the end of Mirror of Fate.

Of course, if I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time my hunches were completely off.  I kinda hope they are.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 04:15:23 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
That trailer was amazing, and Alucard looks pretty awesome, so I can't wait to see what happens.

The only thing that disappointed me is this:

"In Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, the origin of Dracula and his legendary connection with the Belmonts was revealed. In Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, fans can expect thrilling new twists and challenges. In this shocking conclusion to the Lords of Shadow saga, Dracula returns once again, weakened and yearning for release from his immortal bonds. Facing a new and powerful threat, the vampire lord must reacquire his old powers – and only his castle holds the key. However, the famed Belmont clan also seek his ultimate destruction."

"shocking conclusion to the Lords of Shadow saga"! Im so glad MercurySteam has taken over Castlevania, I just want them to keep doing it! But who knows. I'm so excited for both of tHe games to come out
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Ascension

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
is that SATAN strung up on the ceiling at the beginning?

I think you're right.  I first thought it was just a plain statue, but since you mentioned it, it does look like him!

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

Like, because he defeated Satan he has a crucified satan or some shit, IDFK.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Man when Dracula dropped onto the battlefield I bet the soldiers were like "Ok who's bright idea was it to siege Dracula's castle, at night?!"
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 04:55:25 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards

Lets not turn this topic into a another "IGA fucking storys suck Cox is better" type of thread shall we?

Oh please yourself,

My quote was in response to someone basically sh*tting on the LoS story arch en mass, by comparing it to piss poor Hollywood writing. Granted, the story in LoS left a lot to be desired, but it certainly wasn't any worse than anything that came before it in the series.

Also, where did I specifically point out Iga? I didn't.  All I did was say that the series overall has never had great writing. Yeah, we as fans enjoy it for what it's worth, but that's because we're gamers who specifically enjoy gothic settings, as well as many of us growing up with Cv (to a kid Pokemon seems deep).
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 06:19:41 PM by Vampire Killer »
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

wow, what a good comeback and mature response you just made sir! *sarcasm*.

Lets not act like children here.

The reason why I quoted YOU is because you where going to continue the whole "LOS is better than the old story" debate that has derailed many topics.

And the reason I mentioned IGA is because that is who a see a lot of LOS fans shitting on around here when it comes to the "problems" with the old canon.

If you did not mean him my apologies.

But there was a better way at going about posting other than being so hostile.

Like I said, it brings the mood down.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
wow, what a good comeback and mature response you just made sir! *sarcasm*.

Lets not act like children here.

The reason why I quoted YOU is because you where going to continue the whole "LOS is better than the old story" debate that has derailed many topics.

And the reason I mentioned IGA is because that is who a see a lot of LOS fans shitting on around here when it comes to the "problems" with the old canon.

If you did not mean him my apologies.

But there was a better way at going about posting other than being so hostile.

Like I said, it brings the mood down.

My response was no more antagonistic than yours. At least be honest and own up to it.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!