Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406212 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
My response was no more antagonistic than yours. At least be honest and own up to it.

How was my antagonistic?

I was asking you (and everyone else) not to turn this into another Cox vs IGA war thread.

The thing is my post was not directed ENTIRELY at you, but since your post was the last one to be seen in the debate I quoted it.

sheesh, you try to keep things civil and stuff like this happens lol.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

I was asking you (and everyone else) not to turn this into another Cox vs IGA war thread.

The thing is my post was not directed ENTIRELY at you, but since your post was the last one to be seen in the debate I quoted it.

sheesh, you try to keep things civil and stuff like this happens lol.

And how was my response "hostile" and yours not? I suppose everyone is immune to the stink of their own sh*t.

How about we just let it drop. Ok? Sorry if I was being an a-hole.

Here's to a long and lasting friendship....

Top Ten Mortal Kombat Friendships
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
And how was my response "hostile" and yours not? I suppose everyone is immune to the stink of their own sh*t.

Well you supposed wrong.

While my "oh please," was directed at everyone who wants to continue the whole "Iga vs Cox" war while your "oh please," was you being hostile at me because you thought I was being hostile towards you.

Also the second part of your post (which you edited) had a bit of sarcasm in it when you asked about the IGA thing.

But yea its not big deal really, I'm willing to just drop it if you are.

How about we just let it drop. Ok? Sorry if I was being an a-hole.

Your post would have been much better if you had just used this part and the video of friendship. ;D

That way this thing could have been over without me having to explain myself towards the accusations about me.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 06:46:02 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)

Probably one of the few arguments on this site that ends so amiably.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Yes, lets just let it go. More important things in life and all that :)

lol @ whoever if following me around an dinging all my posts though. Just noticed that. Oh well, ding away people, I hope it makes you feel justified.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
http://www.ripten.com/2010/09/03/hands-on-with-the-final-version-of-lords-of-shadow-and-producer-david-cox-getsome/

David Cox: I don’t want to be Mr. Castelvania.  I want to do Lords of Shadow and maybe do another one, but after that I would love to see what other people bring to the series and the Castlevania mythology.

David Cox said, "other people". He didn't say, "I return it to Igarashi". I think that a baton does not necessarily return to Igarashi even if LoS finishes.
I'm on hiatus now.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
http://www.ripten.com/2010/09/03/hands-on-with-the-final-version-of-lords-of-shadow-and-producer-david-cox-getsome/

David Cox: I don’t want to be Mr. Castelvania.  I want to do Lords of Shadow and maybe do another one, but after that I would love to see what other people bring to the series and the Castlevania mythology.

David Cox said, "other people". He didn't say, "I return it to Igarashi". I think that a baton does not necessarily return to Igarashi even if LoS finishes.

well it would seem that Cox may be attempting to keep his word than.

He said 2 more games after LOS and he is done and that would appear to be the case with the headlines regarding LOS2 being the "shocking conclusion" to the LOS canon.

The baton doesn't necessarily have to go back to IGA alone.

They could still keep the future handheld entries limited to IGA for a few attempts but pass the main series on the consoles to someone like Platinum Games or Wayforward or something.

One question I have is, how will the gameplay be in this one?

I hope it isn't just a simple spin on the gameplay introduced in LOS since I would like to see some new gameplay mechanic.

Like how does the idea of making it similar to metroid other m sound?

Like making it to where at times you have a 2.D view (but still able to move in 3D) while other times you have full 3.D?

making it 50/50 would be a great idea if you ask me.

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Okay I'm going to say this, regardless of your opinion of LOS it is actually really nice seeing Dracula get his hands dirty for once, in all the games we never really seen him go all out like we got to in the trailer. So whatever your opinion is whether you hate LOS or love it you must admit it is cool to see Dracula actually do something other than sit on a throne, come out of a coffin, throw fire balls, etc etc.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
Okay I'm going to say this, regardless of your opinion of LOS

just to be clear, who are you referring to?

If your referring to everyone in general than it would be best not to use "your" if you ask me lol.

Can cause confusion for the guy who posted above you (as proven lol).

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
just to be clear, who are you referring to?

If your referring to everyone in general than it would be best not to use "your" if you ask me lol.

Can cause confusion for the guy who posted above you (as proven lol).

Good thing I wasn't asking you. No offense.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
Good thing I wasn't asking you. No offense.

wow, just because you put "no offense" doesn't excuse you being a jerk dude.

I was just asking if you where referring to me or just anyone in general.

No need to be a jerk about it.

In retrospect, I was probably looking to much into it, but I honestly did expect this kind of post in return.

Seems like hostility is just bound to show up around here lol.

Just forget I asked dude. ;)

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
It's forgotten no worries. I was just bringing up another point  that we all could agree on.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Let's all agree that it's a good thing that Castlevania is coming back into the AAA spotlight.

I'm sure that's something everyone can get behind.

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Sad news about MS and Cox leaving, but I can understand it, they don't want to be stuck with Castlevania like IGA did, specially MS, a game developer nneeds to make more than one game over and over again. Let's hope Konami does the right thing.

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Sad news about MS and Cox leaving, but I can understand it, they don't want to be stuck with Castlevania like IGA did, specially MS, a game developer nneeds to make more than one game over and over again. Let's hope Konami does the right thing.

Yeah I agree I would've like one more game (due to my ocd) but you have an excellent point it will be sad but maybe this will allow for others to try their hand and see if maybe there could be a game we all could get behind.