Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406153 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

And yeah, LoS being the best selling CV was a granted

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Im gonna assume that sarcophagus was Marie's.

I don't know if anyone noticed but there is another sarcophagus by the mirror ( thought it was a reflection at first). Could that have been Dracula's second wife and mother to Alucard?

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
Man when Dracula dropped onto the battlefield I bet the soldiers were like "Ok who's bright idea was it to siege Dracula's castle, at night?!"

Lol.

They wouldn't throw him in there if it wasn't Alucard, they know how important the character is to Castlevania fans.

I think it would be a huge mistake to have a build-up like that and then have it turn out to be a different character than the one expected.  It's NOT nice to troll your fan-base like that. D:

At any rate, I'm certain it's not Hector/Joachim/Juste, because frankly, none of them were important/popular enough to warrant such a spotlight/build-up.  I suppose it could be some Trevor/Alucard hybrid.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 10:22:49 PM by Gaawa-chan »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Im gonna assume that sarcophagus was Marie's.

I don't know if anyone noticed but there is another sarcophagus by the mirror ( thought it was a reflection at first). Could that have been Dracula's second wife and mother to Alucard?

Well if Trevor is Alucard, and its highly suspect that he is, then its perfectly possible for Marie to already be Alucard's mother

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Just a random thought, but out of all the post I have not seen one that says "Hey Gabriel should impale some brotherhoods members like a skewer"
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
Just a random thought, but out of all the post I have not seen one that says "Hey Gabriel should impale some brotherhoods members like a skewer"

I will be sorely disappointed if there is no Impaler reference, come to think of it...

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
speaking of dead brotherhood members, i wonder if Cardinal Volpe, or whatever his name was, who sent all those knights to their deaths, meets with a gruesome end. 

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
If I remember right, wasnt Symphony the only game that had any kind of Impaler reference, with the skewered bodies in the place you first meet Death in?

I suppose we just got used to having Dracula never actually impale anyone. Classic Dracula just- hate to say it- wasn't quite that hardcore.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Well it seems that LoS is the best selling castlevania game

While possible, I'm not entirely sure one can conclude that from "Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is the most successful Castlevania game to be released in the franchise’s history." If it said "most financially successful" then yes. There are other singular and combined metrics for success (combined with sales and other things) that even factor in business-wise, like brand notoriety and such.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 12:32:29 AM by Charlotte-nyo:3 »

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
that entire army had better be on stakes after that battle, just so he can live up to his name >.>
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
While possible, I'm not entirely sure one can conclude that from "Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is the most successful Castlevania game to be released in the franchise’s history." If it said "most financially successful" then yes. There are other singular and combined metrics for success (combined with sales and other things) that even factor in business-wise, like brand notoriety and such.

Well we know its not the most public, popular, or highest-reviewed Castlevania ever released, so that really only leaves sales.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Hey guys, just chiming in with a quick LoS2 wallpaper I made. Only spent about 10 minutes on it, but I thought maybe a few people might want it, so here it is....

http://imageshack.us/f/827/los2quickwall.jpg/
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
If I remember right, wasnt Symphony the only game that had any kind of Impaler reference, with the skewered bodies in the place you first meet Death in?

I suppose we just got used to having Dracula never actually impale anyone. Classic Dracula just- hate to say it- wasn't quite that hardcore.

Your forgetting the impaled enemies in the upside-down Library.

Call yourself a Castlevania fan? Pah! ;)
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
No actually there were impaled enemies in cv64 during the first stage.