Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406597 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
It's NOT nice to troll your fan-base like that. D:

They already have a history of doing exactly that. It wouldn't surprise me.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Well after seeing someone bring up the wolf and how it might be this new guy I decided to go back and have a look at it and judging by the same eyes they both have it would appear that the 2 are definitely one in the same.

Look here

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Nox_A15

• CastleKeeper
  • Hunter in Training
    • CastleKeeper's Chronicles - The World of Castlevania
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
You know who should REALLY get Castlevania next?

FROM SOFTWARE.

Hmm, that would be interesting. A mix between Demon's/Dark Souls and Simon's Quest? That would be something totally different. I love the idea. :)
“No man knows till he has suffered from the night how sweet and dear to his heart and eye the morning can be.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I have so many questions about this game.

First of all, we know that we'll be playing as Drac in his own castle. It seems a little strange to be collecting power ups and abilities in your own home. Like; "Now where did I put my double jump ability? Oh yes, in the ABYSS, behind those deadly spikes! Damn, the spike breaker armor is at the top of the clock tower. Why did I scatter my stuff like this? Should've went to IKEA and got myself some nice closets, great for storage!"

Also, I wonder about the enemies. Are we fighting human enemies? Or will Drac be killing skeletons, bats and stuff? In his own home? Maybe if Drac's been away from his castle for quite a while, his minions doesn't recognize him anymore. "Hello medusa head, I'm home! Wait... What are you..... HEY stop flying towards me in a wavey pattern!"

Or maybe the enemies are Satan's minions, not Drac's? Did they take over Dracula's castle maybe?

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards

First of all, we know that we'll be playing as Drac in his own castle. It seems a little strange to be collecting power ups and abilities in your own home. Like; "Now where did I put my double jump ability? Oh yes, in the ABYSS, behind those deadly spikes! Damn, the spike breaker armor is at the top of the clock tower. Why did I scatter my stuff like this? Should've went to IKEA and got myself some nice closets, great for storage!"

Also, I wonder about the enemies. Are we fighting human enemies? Or will Drac be killing skeletons, bats and stuff? In his own home? Maybe if Drac's been away from his castle for quite a while, his minions doesn't recognize him anymore. "Hello medusa head, I'm home! Wait... What are you..... HEY stop flying towards me in a wavey pattern!"

Or maybe the enemies are Satan's minions, not Drac's? Did they take over Dracula's castle maybe?

You sir... are very witty  ;)

But there is one thing I really do not want to say but it has to come out. The combat comparisons with God of war should stop now that Gabriel is a vampire right? Bat,fog,mist maybe something else. And I think it would be very annoying if someone out of the blue said "oh my god he can transform into a bat, wolf thing like in bayonetta" My gut tells me someone  would state that since you could transform in bayonetta last time I checked.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Well we know its not the most public, popular, or highest-reviewed Castlevania ever released, so that really only leaves sales.

But is it possible that it is one of the highest selling CVs that is also one of the most public, popular and highly reviewed? That's what I mean by combined metrics.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards

But there is one thing I really do not want to say but it has to come out. The combat comparisons with God of war should stop now that Gabriel is a vampire right? Bat,fog,mist maybe something else. And I think it would be very annoying if someone out of the blue said "oh my god he can transform into a bat, wolf thing like in bayonetta" My gut tells me someone  would state that since you could transform in bayonetta last time I checked.

Well judging by the artwork with Gabriel holding a sword, im guessing there will be multiple weapons in the game and not just the shadow whip. I think we'll see the ability to conjure various weapons out of darkness like he did in the trailer, so I assume there will be multiple play styles to choose from like swords  spears instead of a single whip giving the combat more variety which could put a stop to all the God of War clone stuff (it still gonna happen regardlesss anyway).

Castlevania Crypt

First I was surprised when the official title of the game is simply Lords of Shadow 2, I was expecting a subtitle. Now I am surprised to hear that there will not be a Lords of Shadow 3, and they will stop the storyline with this game.

I was thinking they would make at least 1 more LOS game on PS3 to have a trilogy like they did with Dracula's Curse.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)

Maybe in Dracula's absence the Belmonts are using his Castle as their new clubhouse?

Like in the fanfic I'm currently reading, Castlevania Badass Protagonist Club
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7945707/1/Castlevania_Badass_Protagonist_Club

Offline MKKhanzo

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Its me or Gabula is terrifyingly looking like Shang Tsung in MK Deadly Alliance?

« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 09:43:41 AM by MKKhanzo »
I guess that all IGA haters are rejoicing now. Have fun with your fancy Belmont Dracula and rat stealth.

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I wonder about the timeline in this game, no matter what happen in the past, we know that Dracula is alive in the future, so I wonder if the game will have some chapters set in the future (our present I guess). I really hope they don't play with time paradox, alternative timelines and all this time continuum crap, don't make it more complicated than is needed.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
With so little having happened in the LoS timeline, I don't think they really need any kind of time travel or continuity altering as a plot device. I am interested in the idea of "Mirror of Fate" mainly because it might offer versatility to exploring the castle.

But messing with time and continuity I'd rather leave out. And "dark worlds", "dark doppelgangers" etc.? Please no. There's plenty of that in oh so many games.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 09:38:24 AM by A-Yty »

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Well judging by the artwork with Gabriel holding a sword, im guessing there will be multiple weapons in the game and not just the shadow whip. I think we'll see the ability to conjure various weapons out of darkness like he did in the trailer, so I assume there will be multiple play styles to choose from like swords  spears instead of a single whip giving the combat more variety which could put a stop to all the God of War clone stuff (it still gonna happen regardlesss anyway).

That might end up lending the combat more of a Curse of Darkness-like feel, with weapon choices vs specific types of enemies playing a role. Slow powerful weapons good vs slow armored enemies, quick weapons good vs quick enemies, etc.

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
although im glad Dracula will still end up looking like Dracula, Im wondering if this is when he makes his pact with satan, since in the old timeline, it was really explained HOW he get his power, sure there was LoI but it wasnt as in deph as LoS has been, and the new guy, well everyone screems alucard, im holding my breath since I dont know what they are doing yet with this series, id like a true confirmation :p
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Theory time, I thought I'd chime in on the whole Trevor=Alucard thing so here's my take on it:

Mirror of Fate is supposed to take place 25 years after LOS1 but years before LOS2. Trevor Belmont is the bastard son of Gabriel had has no idea of his existance, this would mean that either Marie had been keeping her pregnacy a secret from Gabriel for some reason, had the baby and secretly gave it to the brotherhood before Gabriel even noticed, or he had been cheating on Marie behind her back and got some girl pregnant and she gave Trevor to the brotherhood and claimed it as Gabriel's biological son Trevor and raised him in secret while Gabriel did his thing during LOS1.

Now here's where I go deeper (heh). In Mirror of Fate your in control of both Trevor and Simon Belmont as well as two other unknown characters taking place centuries into the future. Now here's the thing, if Trevor is Alucard, how could Simon, his distant descendant, exist as a human? (according to our leaker he said that Trevor and Simon are not dhampyr's) So unless Trevor also had a bastard son like Gabriel did (which would be pretty redundant) became a vampire, destroyed his combat cross and changed his name to Alucard to hunt down Dracula till the day he permanantly dies, I don't think Trevor and Alucard are the same person.

The tl:dr Trevor and Alucard are not one and the same unless you guys like the idea of playing as Simon Belcard. :P

And Im changing my sig at Jorges request.  :)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 12:19:49 PM by Kingshango »

anything