Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406255 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
These huge signature pics... I don't think they're needed.
And since people aren't reading between the lines...
**changes the limit**

I went ahead and resized one offending one, and removed another.

Helpful hint:  The IMG tag can be used to resize an image.  Just use the {img width=xxxx height=yyyy}imageurl.url{/img} (and use the square brackets).
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 12:28:29 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
**changes the limit**

Better? :)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
**changes the limit**

I do not think the one I have is a problem but if it is I will get rid of it.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
I was about to resize yours, actually... but yours is the least offender of the three I was looking at.

Not everyone has a 1920x1080 resolution or higher, and some people are viewing the forum on their phone.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Well now that we're all good on the sig business, we can go back on theory mode:

There are two sarcophagus that Gabriel passes by. One is decorated and Gabriel touches it as he walks by, the other one by the mirror is plain and Gabriel just looks at it like he wants nothing to do with what's inside.

My theory is that the decorated sarcophagus belongs to his second wife and mother to Alucard and the non decorated one is Marie and his lack of attention to it means that he's past mourning her and finally moved on. However he still care's about her enough to have her tomb in his castle. Now why is the first tomb decorated? It's might be because his second wife's death may have been recent (well recent during his time as Dracula) and is in now in the process of mourning her now the best way he can, by slaughtering the humans that may have been responsable for her death. Even though it may have happened centuries ago.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 12:50:39 PM by Kingshango »

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
The Lords 2 prologue should be Gabriel massacring a flurry of Brotherhood jerks
to steal Marie's coffin.

NOW THAT'S LOVE

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Is Dracula even going to need to jump to ledges/platform anymore? Dude can just teleport anywhere he wants.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Well now that we're all good on the sig business, we can go back on theory mode:

There are two sarcophagus that Gabriel passes by. One is decorated and Gabriel touches it as he walks by, the other one by the mirror is plain and Gabriel just looks at it like he wants nothing to do with what's inside.

My theory is that the decorated sarcophagus belongs to his second wife and mother to Alucard and the non decorated one is Marie and his lack of attention to it means that he's past mourning her and finally moved on. However he still care's about her enough to have her tomb in his castle. Now why is the first tomb decorated? It's might be because his second wife's death may have been recent (well recent during his time as Dracula) and is in now in the process of mourning her now the best way he can, by slaughtering the humans that may have been responsable for her death. Even though it may have happened centuries ago.

I pretty much liked EVERYTHING you just said here and I agree.

I much rather have your theory come to fruition than the Trevor becoming Alucard one.

The idea of Gabriel moving on and falling in love with a human women and bearing Alucard sounds like a good idea not to mention it would be pretty similar to the old canon which is a plus for me.

Of course MS can put their own "spin" on it such as the circumstances surrounding Gabriel's new love's death and how Alucard grew to become his enemy later on.

Perhaps Alucard blames Gabriel for her death?

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I have a feeling this will be there symphony of the night.

I'm thinking

Alucard/Gabriel main characters.

You will obviously have the powers of a vampire, so transformations such as wolf will probably be available. In the video you see him using a magic whip to kill the enemies but in the art you see a sword in his hand, one might conclude we get multiple weapons, and the talk about gabriel exploring his castle....so the gamin mainly takes place within the walls of the castle.

It's all very exciting.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
In the video you see him using a magic whip to kill the enemies but in the art you see a sword in his hand

wait what?

He had a sword?

Which art was this?

Can you post a picture here?

I must have missed it.

And someone brought up a interesting point earlier about Gabriel having to traverse through his OWN castle which really does sound pretty damn weird.

I wonder how MS is going to pull this one off since Gabriel should very well know about his own Castle that he has been living in for god knows how long and yet the main objective in this game is to traverse through his own castle looking for way to gain his old powers back.

And also, who the enemies will be is another good question since in Mirror of Fate the castle seems to be occupied by his minions.

So after Mirror of fate was all his minions destroyed?

And now his castle is inhabited by Satan's minions?

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards

He had a sword?

Which art was this?

Can you post a picture here?

I must have missed it.

Here:

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
One of the environment art pieces looked like the castle was in Hell, with Dracula standing on a precipice with long grey hair.
I'm going make a wild stab at this, that when Dracula was destroyed, he and his castle descended into Hell and got overrun by Satan's minions.

That leaked chapter listing starts to make more and more sense....

http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards

Oh yea THAT pic.

The one I saw was cut short for some reason and only showed the handle of the weapon in his hand which I thought was a new combat cross at the time.

But its great to see gabriel with a SWORD in this one.

Hopefully its actually a sword and not some WHIP sword or some shit.

I want to see some swordplay in this game as well as whip play.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
yeah the magic whip...

the red bean he was swinging at all the enemies in the trailer...

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
I just noticed that there is a pic of the new guy (Alucard) looking into the sword showing his reflection on the official Lords of Shadow 2 site.

If I had known that i would not have went through the trouble of making one myself from the video lol.

But one thing that this does tell me is that they are trying to drop hints purposely to let everyone get a look at this guy (although briefly from the reflection) and be able to tell he is definitely not human.