Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406200 times)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)

the red bean he was swinging at all the enemies in the trailer...

Hey, that was cool.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
I liked his demonic red whip too. Dracula using his own whip is oddly fitting, despite the irony.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I liked his demonic red whip too. Dracula using his own whip is oddly fitting, despite the irony.

Yea I liked it to.

But I would love for him to be able to use other weapons such as swords as well.

A spear or demonic lance would be nice so he could impale his enemies.

He is supposed to be the LOS's version of Dracula and Dracula needs to impale some people and I don't think that is possible with a whip.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards

But I would love for him to be able to use other weapons such as swords as well.

He is supposed to be the LOS's version of Dracula and Dracula needs to impale some people and I don't think that is possible with a whip.

It would be cool if he just created all of his weapons from that red magic hellfiery stuff.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
It would be cool if he just created all of his weapons from that red magic hellfiery stuff.

Yea that could work.

I would however want him to still have to find them however.

Like having to find a certain "glyph" or "dark spell" in the castle for the weapon he desires before he is able to materialize it and use it.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

That's WHY it fits. Because of the irony. He's using the very same kind of weapon back at them. Only yknow, evil version.

yeah, him making shadow energy weapons and shit would be neat.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
That's WHY it fits. Because of the irony. He's using the very same kind of weapon back at them. Only yknow, evil version.

I'm wondering we'll be able to transform in giant smoke dragons during normal gameplay.

Would be sweet.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
I think the fact that Dracula can now conjure a "whip-like" weapon comes from The Forgotten One; remember, he could conjure up various weapons too, and one of them was whip-like (although of course, Dracula's has his own spin on it)

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards

Reminds me of Ecclesia's glyph weapons, actually.

The tl:dr Trevor and Alucard are not one and the same unless you guys like the idea of playing as Simon Belcard. :P

Not necessarily.  If Trevor has a kid BEFORE he turns into Alucard... but I hope this isn't the case.  Blegh.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 02:27:26 PM by Gaawa-chan »

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

This is in response to everyone claiming they want some impaling.

Just to let you all know, just in case you already didn't, historically speaking Vlad 'the Impaler' impaled his victims through the anus, allowing their bodies to slowly sink down onto a large wooden stake (pole) until it eventually protruded from their chest, throat, or even mouth.

I for one, DO NOT want to see that in a videogame.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Yeah wonder where he picked up that habit. From the Ottoman empire probably, where he was held prisoner when he was just a kid.The Ottoman Turks were know for impaling their foes.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 05:07:13 PM by Odile Kuronuma »

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
This is in response to everyone claiming they want some impaling.

Just to let you all know, just in case you already didn't, historically speaking Vlad 'the Impaler' impaled his victims through the anus, allowing their bodies to slowly sink down onto a large wooden stake (pole) until it eventually protruded from their chest, throat, or even mouth.

I for one, DO NOT want to see that in a videogame.

Yea I already knew that.

But I was referring to the mainstream media interpretations of his impaling.

Although animes such as Hellsing did show him impaling through the anus, but that was a very mature anime to begin with.

I really do not care for the specifics of it, just so long as people know that he was known as "Vlad the impaler" and thus it doesn't necessarily HAVE to be trough the anus if you ask me, just so long as he is impaling some enemies.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
Is Dracula even going to need to jump to ledges/platform anymore? Dude can just teleport anywhere he wants.
Perhaps teleportation is one of the last skills he recovers?

Glad the pic with the sword was shown, that clears things up quite a bit.

As far as Trevor = Alucard goes, I think I'll buy into that theory for now.  While the three games span hundreds of years, I don't think there's enough games for there to be "another" lover for Dracula and another character for the player to become emotionally invested in.  When Dracula ultimately becomes "redeemed", I'm expecting Marie's smiling face to beam back at him from the beyond, not two women's.  But yeah, it's possible he had a mistress or second love, but I'm gonna guess "no". 

That does leave it a mystery on how Trevor transforms into Alucard.  There could be some clever plot device to explain this, perhaps involving a mirror.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
Its me or Gabula is terrifyingly looking like Shang Tsung in MK Deadly Alliance?

I agree, the resemblance is uncanny.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

But I was referring to the mainstream media interpretations of his impaling.

Although animes such as Hellsing did show him impaling through the anus, but that was a very mature anime to begin with.

I really do not care for the specifics of it, just so long as people know that he was known as "Vlad the impaler" and thus it doesn't necessarily HAVE to be trough the anus if you ask me, just so long as he is impaling some enemies.
Maybe, after the LoS series concludes, whom ever gets the CV series next will re-imagine Dracula more closely to historic Vlad III. That could be interesting.

anything