Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406173 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Perhaps teleportation is one of the last skills he recovers?

Glad the pic with the sword was shown, that clears things up quite a bit.

As far as Trevor = Alucard goes, I think I'll buy into that theory for now.  While the three games span hundreds of years, I don't think there's enough games for there to be "another" lover for Dracula and another character for the player to become emotionally invested in.  When Dracula ultimately becomes "redeemed", I'm expecting Marie's smiling face to beam back at him from the beyond, not two women's.  But yeah, it's possible he had a mistress or second love, but I'm gonna guess "no". 

That does leave it a mystery on how Trevor transforms into Alucard.  There could be some clever plot device to explain this, perhaps involving a mirror.

There is another hole in the Trevor=Alucard theory that I just realized. If Trevor did somehow become a vampire like Gabriel did, how was he able to cast a refection on the sword?

RenRenLotus

Guys, Please Join LORDS of SHADOW 2 ''GROUP'' on FACEBOOK!  thank you :)  https://www.facebook.com/groups/249799195121127/

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Has any game play been released yet? Despite the shortcomings of LoS, it wasn't a horrid game and I did enjoy some of it. Much like I enjoyed other CV games that weren't stellar.

So I want to know if they added more crap or not.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
i'm guessing we'll have to wait until E3 starts before getting any more details or gameplay videos.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
There is another hole in the Trevor=Alucard theory that I just realized. If Trevor did somehow become a vampire like Gabriel did, how was he able to cast a refection on the sword?
They can always say it's some ethereal sword, made from the metal bones of a demon angel. Or they can say something like Dhampirs cast reflections. Did Alucard go reflectionless in the old canon(I honestly can't remember)?

While I'm warming up to playing as Gabriel again(because they aren't going to stretch it to GoW lengths, since LoS sub-series is ending, we aren't going to get "Dracula: The Anti-Hero: The Series")., I can't help to think playing as Dracula this once might mean more NIGHT set locales. I mean, I didn't care for the day time areas of LoS(and pretty adamantly stated that even in the old CV games, I disliked the day stages, so it's not bias against LoS, but bias against day stages that spans the entire series). Since we are playing as a vampire, looks like more gloomy, dark, spooky locations! I hope they don't go, "Oh, Dracula's an exception this time, he's so strong, he can WALK in the daylight!". No... please, no.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Or they can say something like Dhampirs cast reflections. Did Alucard go reflectionless in the old canon(I honestly can't remember)?

If we are going off of DOS than Alucard does not cast a reflection.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
They can always say it's some ethereal sword, made from the metal bones of a demon angel. Or they can say something like Dhampirs cast reflections. Did Alucard go reflectionless in the old canon(I honestly can't remember)?

While I'm warming up to playing as Gabriel again(because they aren't going to stretch it to GoW lengths, since LoS sub-series is ending, we aren't going to get "Dracula: The Anti-Hero: The Series")., I can't help to think playing as Dracula this once might mean more NIGHT set locales. I mean, I didn't care for the day time areas of LoS(and pretty adamantly stated that even in the old CV games, I disliked the day stages, so it's not bias against LoS, but bias against day stages that spans the entire series). Since we are playing as a vampire, looks like more gloomy, dark, spooky locations! I hope they don't go, "Oh, Dracula's an exception this time, he's so strong, he can WALK in the daylight!". No... please, no.

My guess is the explanation will be "He's half human, so his human half reflects onto the sword"

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
I'm gonna flip my shit if they announce a WiiU version on Tuesday. I really hope there is one in the cards, it would be a tremendous mistake not to jump on that opportunity ASAP.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
My guess is the explanation will be "He's half human, so his human half reflects onto the sword"

I think that's what they're gonna go with, "Alucard will have just enough human in his blood to cast a reflection."

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a scenerio in the game where Dracula has to navigate past sunlight, with hunters looking for him inside a building.

And I just had a thought, what if you encounter enemies who have access to holy water? Or worse, a Belmont that has the ability to item crash with holy water and uses HYDRO STORM on you? :o
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 08:00:03 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
And I just had a thought, what if you encounter enemies who have access to holy water? Or worse, a Belmont that has the ability to item crash with holy water and uses HYDRO STORM on you? :o
Better hope mist form lasts long enough to weather the storm.

Offline Tanatra

• Everything Burns
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
More titans, the same style of amazingly composed but "not CV enough" music, and name drops that will only leave people disappointed. (Seriously, nobody is going to be satisfied with Mercury Steam's take on Alucard, if he is indeed in the game.)

Suffice to say, this will probably be a great game, but anybody who didn't like LoS b/c of all the usual reasons isn't going to be impressed with LoS2 either.

Guys, Please Join LORDS of SHADOW 2 ''GROUP'' on FACEBOOK!  thank you :) 

Apparently you only registered for an account here so that you could spam your facebook group. So will I join it? No. :)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
More titans, the same style of amazingly composed but "not CV enough" music, and name drops that will only leave people disappointed. (Seriously, nobody is going to be satisfied with Mercury Steam's take on Alucard, if he is indeed in the game.)

Suffice to say, this will probably be a great game, but anybody who didn't like LoS b/c of all the usual reasons isn't going to be impressed with LoS2 either.
You're breaking my heart. I have the hopes of hope that Cox did listen to the fans on this one, and that he isn't just using the criticism towards MoF ONLY. Particularly in the titan and "wally shimmying" aspects.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards

To be fair, Dracula did take out that titan fairly quickly without climbing it and with his teleportation power it would seen that he has no need for wall shimmying.

Besides im sure Cox listened to the fan criticism and addressed the problems the first game had the best they can considering this is their last Castlevania game.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 08:59:17 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
As much as I'm sure I'm gonna love LoS2, if I have to balance walk over a plank I'm gonna be seriously pissed. Some wall climbing I can deal with, but plank walking is a big annoyance.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
To be fair, Dracula did take out that titan fairly quickly without climbing it and with his teleportation power it would seen that he has no need for wall shimmying.

Though I doubt we'll be as powerful in the game as that trailer suggests. It's probably only a prologue, showing Dracula at his most powerful. The Dracula we'll be playing as will be seriously weakened and older. Though maybe towards the end of the game we'll be ripping Titans apart like in the trailer!

anything