Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406154 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Also, it seems like the mystery white haired guy is slowly developing as a meme around the internet. lol

What meme?  :o

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
I have the impression that, like in LoS' epilogue, Gabriel isn't willing to stay like this. Look at the moment he passes by the mirror, he feels sad/angry. So I don't know if he'd like to have other vampires along him (considering he killed a lot of them durong LoS1).

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
But even if they did that and you jumped to a pit enough time to drain all your health..Dracul(a) would have died from falling too many times :P

They can make it so that if you have 1 health point left then it doesn't drain anything.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
They could, but it would feel kind of forced, IMO. If Dracul(a) indeed has all those godly abilities, I think they should build the gameplay around them instead of trying to confine it to a standard platformer character.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
They could, but it would feel kind of forced, IMO. If Dracul(a) indeed has all those godly abilities, I think they should build the gameplay around them instead of trying to confine it to a standard platformer character.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 11:09:07 AM by Chernabogue »

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

You don't think maybe that needs a SPOILER tag?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Yes, I'd like to take a moment to remind people to use the spoilers.
**ahem**
PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS
WHEN DISCUSSING LEAKED INFO
AND PLOT POINTS

For those who want to remain (relatively) spoiler free, be wary of the 'discussion' threads and focus on the "Just the facts" threads.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:48:09 AM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
We don't know if the chapter list is legit. I'm smelling BS, even though part of me wants it to be true(because the possiblities). Though another part of me thinks the actual game's going to go an entirely different route. Damn, I feel like I'm going to split into two separate entities!!!

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Sorry for the Spoiler thing. But people should be aware of them before going into such threads.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Im gonna call bs on that chapter list as well. considering what's known.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Speculation is one thing Chernabogue, but discussing what could very well be a legitimate listing of the chapters, which gives away story locations and flow, is a little bit much on the other side of the fence.

We don't know if it is true. It could very well be a total hoax, but what if it wasn't? Would a bomb squad treat a suspicious bag at the airport without precaution because there wasn't any actual proof it is a bomb?

It's very simple. Speculation is fair game, because its just guesses without any way to verify. Discussing big info not officially announced, but seemingly leaked, that's a whole other story. It's pretty easy to tell the difference, and easy to keep those things in a spoiler tag. We had the same issue with LoS1 and the whole future setting ending.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
In Chernabogues defense, that wasn't so much of a spoiler to me. If you know anything about anything that has anything to do with the first LoS and its ending, it's sort of a given.

But yeah, spoiler tags are good.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Man, I very much want to believe that chapter list is real, despite everything pointing to the contrary now.  :'(

Regarding the concept art, the one with Gabriel and the wolf...I know it's been said that the wolf is stalking Gabriel, and therefore could be a shapeshifted Alucard. But to me, it looks like the wolf is accompanying Gabriel, since it's looking right at the viewer. Maybe they just included the wolf in that piece because they thought it would look cool?? I don't know, just adding speculation.

It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
^Something unrelated regarding that piece of artwork. Did anyone notice it pays homage to artwork from CoD? The one with all the characters on it. Just look at Hector and you'll know what I mean.   

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards

The white wolf is Amaterasu and is also Dracula's second wife and you will be able to sick her at enemies as a wolf or transform into a falcon and retrieve far way items from hard to reach spots. And she will alert you if any enemies are around. She will also be able to transform into her true form and wipe out the enemies around you similar to the demon in LOS1.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 01:08:51 PM by Kingshango »