Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406120 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Yeah, MoF seems to be the focus for this year. The LOS2 trailer was just for hype and im positive that it will be shown again at next years E3. *sigh*

In the meantime, im sure Cox will sprinkle offscreen shots over Twitter in the coming months.

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Can we please stop with the "if you don't like this screenshot/trailer/whatever, you're a fraud of a fan" fanwankery?

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Cox just said on Twitter that Trevor is NOT Alucard.

And that Slogra will make a special apperance.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Because I have nothing better to do on a day off at the moment, here's a compilation of much of Cox's Twitter "Yes No Maybe" session. I skipped the obvious questions like "Is Araujo returning for LOS2" and "Is Trevor Gabriel's son"

- Any sign of LOS 2 of a Wii U release for LOS 2?
No.

- Will LOS 2 expand on the DLC of LOS? Maybe the change more cinematically than with drawings?
Yes!

- LOS 2 gameplay footage anytime soon?
No.

- Will there be multiplayer for LOS 2?
No.

- Mirror of Fate will reveal the story of Gabriel's ancestors", shouldn't it say "Gabriel's descendants" instead?
Maybe.

- Will there be more than one playable character in LOS?
Maybe.

- Will Dracula travel different locations outside the castle?
Yes

- Will Mirror of Fate launch before 2012 Holidays?
Maybe.

- Are we getting more classic Castlevania songs remixed for an of the new games?
Yes.

- Will the Renard and LeCarde clan be playable in Mirror of Fate?
No.

- Is Richard Madden playing Trevor's voice?
Maybe.

- Zobek returning? Will there be a special release of LOS 2 and Mirror of Fate?
Yes

- Will LOS2 be as long as the previous game and are we playing from Gabriel's perspective?
Yes

- Is Gabriel the only playable character in LOS2 or we'll have a chance of something like LoK: Defiance with 2 protagonists?
Maybe

- Will Patrick Stewart's enthralling "I'm sitting by a fire drinking scotch naked' voice return?
Maybe

- Will LoS 2 come out in 2013?
Maybe

- We will see Simon or Trevor in LOS?
No.

- Are Trevor and that Alucard-like guy from the trailer the same person?
No.

- With Gabriel being filled with darkness (I have to finish LOS1), can we still expect his skills to use light magic?
No.

- Is blood sucking a major factor for Gabriel in LOS2?
Maybe.

- Have you reworked the Super Castlevania level one theme into the game this time. I asked before the first launched.
Maybe.

- Will we see the use of hearts for the use of relics like knives and holy water?
Yes.

-Gabriel will have a whip skill?
Yes.

-Boss battle with Slogra?
No.

-Classic boss fights reinterpreted by Mercury S?
Yes.

-If Alucard is in the game, and Alucard is Dracula's son, and Gabriel is Dracula, does that mean Trevor = Alucard?
No.

--------------

Cox did NOT say that Trevor wasn't Alucard. He did say "no" to Trevor being Alucard based upon the way the question was worded. And he wouldn't be lying...Trevor is not automatically Alucard just because he's Dracula's son, which is what the question asked.

Also to the question before that one which asked if Trevor was the same person as the Alucard-like guy, I'd definitely say that Trevor changing into something else other than human would make him a different person. :-D
Cox sure is good as playing semantics...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 10:12:44 AM by flyingchai »
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
I think Trevor just dies. Simon's character profile says both of this parents were killed.

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
I think everyone is looking into ths alucard is trevor thing too much/deep. I personally didnt see any resemblance to the two other than a few pieces of armor. Cox just confirmed that trevor is in fact not alucard so that can be put to rest course he has been known to lie. Mof seems to be shapping up nicely however i am concerned with the music but the rest of the game seems like a good middle ground for all the fans, los, metrovania and classicvania. Hopefully this game will deliver what los did not for many fans of the series.

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
I think Trevor just dies. Simon's character profile says both of this parents were killed.

Yeah i believe this could be more of a possibility than trevor being alucard.

Offline Vrakanox

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Trevor might become a half vampire very similar to Alucard but might not be the same character.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
I think everyone is looking into ths alucard is trevor thing too much/deep. I personally didnt see any resemblance to the two other than a few pieces of armor. Cox just confirmed that trevor is in fact not alucard so that can be put to rest course he has been known to lie. Mof seems to be shapping up nicely however i am concerned with the music but the rest of the game seems like a good middle ground for all the fans, los, metrovania and classicvania. Hopefully this game will deliver what los did not for many fans of the series.

It depends on what trailer he meant.

If he's talking about the MoF trailer, then Trevor is not Alucard, and Alucard either A. doesn't make an appearance, or B. looks exactly like Trevor

If he's talking about the LoS2 trailer, then Hector confirmed for brawl

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Perhaps Hector is Alucard, and Trevor is just an imaginary friend, and Gabriel's been dead all along and this is an alluciation caused by Zobek's electric shocks D:
*Shaymayalananananaj twist*

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Better than being Alucard I'd say. I warmed up to Gabriel being Dracula but I don't think I could tolerate Trevor being Alucard.

Im starting to think that Trevor gets brainwashed by some dark priest and Simon comes to the rescue.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
No.
That makes me sad. It looks freaking insteresting.

- Mirror of Fate will reveal the story of Gabriel's ancestors", shouldn't it say "Gabriel's descendants" instead?
Maybe.
Curiouser and curiouser...

- Will there be more than one playable character in LOS?
Maybe.
You mean LoS2?

- Are we getting more classic Castlevania songs remixed for an of the new games?
Yes.
Fuck yeah!

- Is Gabriel the only playable character in LOS2 or we'll have a chance of something like LoK: Defiance with 2 protagonists?
Maybe
More interested!

- We will see Simon or Trevor in LOS?
No.
So, if we don't see Simon or Trevor, perhaps the Belmonts that are hunting Dracula are new ones!

- Are Trevor and that Alucard-like guy from the trailer the same person?
No.
I wonder....

- Is blood sucking a major factor for Gabriel in LOS2?
Maybe.
Wonder if it will have it's own gimick, like in Splatterhouse.

- Have you reworked the Super Castlevania level one theme into the game this time. I asked before the first launched.
Maybe.
Don't BS us this time, Cox. Please rework it into the GAME!!!

- Will we see the use of hearts for the use of relics like knives and holy water?
Yes.
LOL, the infamous CV hearts make a return.

-Boss battle with Slogra?
No.
This makes me sad.

-Classic boss fights reinterpreted by Mercury S?
Yes.
Happy again!!!

-If Alucard is in the game, and Alucard is Dracula's son, and Gabriel is Dracula, does that mean Trevor = Alucard?
No.
Pretty much confirms that Trevor =/= Alucard. Doesn't confirm that Alucard isn't in the game and that he's not Dracula/Gabriel's son, though. Wild theory, what if Dracula kills Trevor, abducts Simon's mother, rapes her and she gives birth to Alucard?

Cox did NOT say that Trevor wasn't Alucard. He did say "no" to Trevor being Alucard based upon the way the question was worded. And he wouldn't be lying...Trevor is not automatically Alucard just because he's Dracula's son, which is what the question asked.
Pretty much sounded like Cox rode on the final part of the question. It all boiled down to Trevor = Alucard. Will Trevor become something ELSE entirely? Probably. I call it, Trevor becomes Shaft!!! ;D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 12:01:55 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
They're using Slogera as another bait and switch for the classic fans. They're up to their same old deceptive tricks. Those bastards.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

Alucard confirmed but.....the text would make you think that ...Trevor=Alucard...hrmm....same voice to from what I can hear...