Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406212 times)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
I think he's actually implying that he wants Mercurysteam to go on to make other games besides Castlevania.

That's what I picked up too. Stories that focus on other Belmonts and other characters in the lore

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
That's what I picked up too. Stories that focus on other Belmonts and other characters in the lore

He's talking about MS making games that have no connection to Castlevania whatsoever. Cox was asked  a while back if MS is done with the LoS storyline, or with CV entirely, and he replied (lemme find it), "It will be up to others to take up the torch, however they see fit."
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 11:09:55 PM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
https://twitter.com/CastlevaniaLOS/status/211483127175053312
Yes this will be the conclusion of the story we want to tell.
We then want to go on and tell different stories

NEXT, Reboot Again?
Well it is said the story they want to tell with LOS is the story of Dracula. LOS2 wil be the end of the Dracula tale and what it comes next is the story of the war Between Dracula and the Belmont clan like it always have been... I´m just speculating ofc...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 05:12:32 PM by Asgardwolf »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Hahaha let's get ready for a Dracula-less Castlevania series :I'm calling it!:
 :'(

Everything comes full circle

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Not that it would be the first for the series, in a manner of speaking.
However the whole Castlevania (sub)series without Dracula would be strange. And even, if it would be good, some (overly devoted) fans will foam at the mouth because it will be too deattached from ideal Castlevania they've built in their heads.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
And even, if it would be good, some (overly devoted) fans will foam at the mouth because it will be too deattached from ideal Castlevania they've built in their heads.

lol

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)

:'(
It's not Castlevania without Dracula. LoS gets a slap on the wrist for not having Dracula as the main antagonist, but we all know why now. You really can't call it a Castlevania game without Dracula. It could star the Belmonts and have them fight someone else, and I would still consider it a spinoff more than a true Castlevania game.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
It's not Castlevania without Dracula. LoS gets a slap on the wrist for not having Dracula as the main antagonist, but we all know why now. You really can't call it a Castlevania game without Dracula

I think that a Castlevania game can be pulled off without Dracula actually being physically a part of it.
I would agree though that if that were the case, it would need to have something directly related to him in the game. His castle would be the most logical thing to keep it relevant if some other big villain were to take over.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Redgrave

• Eu sunt dracul!
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Lamet of innocence doesn't have dracula but it's still a castlevania game.
Okay sure mathias at the end but that's it.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
Lamet of innocence doesn't have dracula but it's still a castlevania game.
Okay sure mathias at the end but that's it.

But he still turned out to be the antagonist.

The main manipulator behind all the events of LOI which made him/Dracula pretty damn relevant.

And If LOS gets a pass for not having Dracula directly involved as the main villian physically than LOI obviously should as well.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
And here I thought people wanted stories set between LoI and CV3.

Considering thats what people bring up whenever someone mentions the cluttered original timeline as the "still more stories that can be told".
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Redgrave

• Eu sunt dracul!
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Well, at least LOS will gonna fulfill one my dreams in gaming.
Playing as Dracula.
(Forget judgment)

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
LoI and LoS were both the direct origins of Dracula in their respective universes. That counts for me.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I think he's actually implying that he wants Mercurysteam to go on to make other games besides Castlevania.

The problem I had with both origin stories is vampires existed before Dracula comes to be.
It kinda takes away from the impact of the story. I want to see the origins of the first most powerful vampire not...... some random ass vampire that came down the line and ended up being the lord of vampires.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
And here I thought people wanted stories set between LoI and CV3.

Considering thats what people bring up whenever someone mentions the cluttered original timeline as the "still more stories that can be told".
If it were up to me I would retcon the whole deal about the Belmonts not being allowed to touch the whip until 1999 so we could have gotten more games starring Belmonts. That's honestly the only thing I hated about the original timeline, it made no sense.