Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406025 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
An interesting theory but highly unlikely. Alucard's main thing is being the half-son of Dracula.

yea I agree.

Also the the part where he says "It would seem fate has given me a second chance....father" seems to hint at him talking about Gabriel and getting a second chance to fight him.

Also, why would Satan name himself "Alucard"???

Just wouldn't make any sense.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Leirbag

• duud !
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Yeah i get ur point but remember it's a reboot (no connection to other stories) and LOS's vampires seem to all have red eyes and not yellow.

EDIT: If your quote is from mirror's trailer , ok but it could be cut in a misleading way on purpose...(gonna check)

« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 01:01:23 PM by Leirbag »
Whip it with fire !

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
Yeah i get ur point but remember it's a reboot (no connection to other stories) and LOS vampires seem to all have red eyes and not yellow.

I remember that.

But you should also remember that we know nothing about Alucard so far or what he is in this reboot.

There could be a perfect explanation as to why he has yellow eyes instead of red.

For 1, if he truly is a dhampir in this one like he is in the old series than Dhampirs in the LOS verse may have yellow eyes since they are not FULL vampires.

Secondly, Alucard could be something completely different than a vampire.

No one knows at this point.

But I HIGHLY doubt that Satan for any reason would name himself Alucard.

Offline Leirbag

• duud !
    • Awards
But I HIGHLY doubt that Satan for any reason would name himself Alucard.
This is where i agree, plus i would hate that Alucard = satan

Just a fear actualy...
Whip it with fire !

Offline ChibiMaddiChan

• I'm a bitch of an itch.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Butts that itch should be washed. That is all.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
This is where i agree, plus i would hate that Alucard = satan

Just a fear actualy...

I doubt it would happen, so relax. ;p
---
I was suppose to say something profound here. I don't 'do' profound so much as ramble so...whatever. Here lies text. Congratulations for reading it.  You were as bored as I am. Seriously, stop reading, you can't be that bored.  Still here? Really?  You officially are my new favorite person and now are owed one internet cookie. Don't eat it though, it gives you bad gas.

Offline Leirbag

• duud !
    • Awards
Theories apart , i remember from LOS narration that the castle seem to modify itself over time, i don't have the exact quote but that could be a goldmine over time.
Imagine they(M.s) made an engine for los 2 that allow to easily modify the castle for new playthrough with Alucard or dlc characters... :rollseyes: :D :rollseyes:
Whip it with fire !

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)

Cox just wants to make sure we're surprised.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards

Cox just wants to make sure we're surprised.

To late for that really, since a lot of people are still pretty darn sure he is Trevor.

The only way he could surprise everyone now is if he is NOT Trevor.

Offline Leirbag

• duud !
    • Awards
In LOS  satan calls God "Father" like alucard in the MOF trailer... omg, bad taste again in my mouth :-X

EDIT: Trevor's artwork really looks like alucard's los2 trailer apearance through...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 01:38:33 PM by Leirbag »
Whip it with fire !

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
He looks nothing like Satan, Sounds nothing like Satan, and why would Satan disguise himself? Satan was cast out for being vain and arrogant and such, he would appear as himself, not someone else.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Leirbag

• duud !
    • Awards
He looks nothing like Satan, Sounds nothing like Satan, and why would Satan disguise himself? Satan was cast out for being vain and arrogant and such, he would appear as himself, not someone else.

Hope : +1 !
Whip it with fire !

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
To late for that really, since a lot of people are still pretty darn sure he is Trevor.

The only way he could surprise everyone now is if he is NOT Trevor.

Remember when the second trailer for LOS1 came out and we all thought Jason Issacs was the voice of Dracula, and in the E3 2010 trailer we were all convinced that he was in fact Dracula, especially when he said "Die Belmont!" and it turned out he wasn't Dracula at all?

Now im not saying Cox is pulling another swerve but...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 08:44:05 PM by Kingshango »

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
Remember when the second trailer for LOS1 came out and we all thought Jason Issacs was the voice of Dracula, and in the E3 2010 trailer we were all convinced that he was in fact Dracula, especially when he said "Die Belmont!" and it turned out he wasn't Dracula at all?

Now im not saying Cox is pulling another swerve but...

Yea but the difference between that and this situation is that we actually never got to see a face behind that voice.

With Alucard and Trevor we got to see a face AND voice for each character and the 2 are kind similar if you ask me.

Just give Trevor the pale skin,white hair, and change in clothes and he looks just like Alucard if you ask me.

Of course, I honestly would MUCH prefer that it not be the case that Trevor becomes Alucard, but given the appearance and the lines about "getting a second chance to face his father" it all points to Trevor.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 08:45:09 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Yea but the difference between that and this situation is that we actually never got to see a face behind that voice.

With Alucard and Trevor we got to see a face AND voice for each character and the 2 are kind similar if you ask me.

Just give Trevor the pale skin,white hair, and change in clothes and he looks just like Alucard if you ask me.

Of course, I honestly would MUCH prefer that it not be the case that Trevor becomes Alucard, but given the appearance and the lines about "getting a second chance to face his father" it all points to Trevor.

I had a nice sentence all planned out but my log in time expired before I could finish but I'll try to sum it up as best I can.

To be fair, Trevor and Alucard both have the same father, so it would make sense that they look alike.

I want them both to be separate characters ( I still believe they are in the very depths of my head) but if they are the same person, then something messed happened to Trevor to become a vampire. (warning, sensible theory coming up) Dracula probably defeated Trevor and brainwashed him, then Simon finds him years later as a brainwashed vampire and knocks some sense into him and thinks he can still be saved. Then he learns that while the brainwashing can be removed, he's been a vampire for too long and purifying him completely would kill him, so enter the deus ex machina and Trevor is resurrected as a dhampyr.

I could be way the hell off though.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
I had a nice sentence all planned out but my log in time expired before I could finish but I'll try to sum it up as best I can.

To be fair, Trevor and Alucard both have the same father, so it would make sense that they look alike.

I want them both to be separate characters ( I still believe they are in the very depths of my head) but if they are the same person, then something messed happened to Trevor to become a vampire. (warning, sensible theory coming up) Dracula probably defeated Trevor and brainwashed him, then Simon finds him years later as a brainwashed vampire and knocks some sense into him and thinks he can still be saved. Then he learns that while the brainwashing can be removed, he's been a vampire for too long and purifying him completely would kill him, so enter the deus ex machina and Trevor is resurrected as a dhampyr.

I could be way the hell off though.

Forgive me, but isn't that more or less the plot of Star Wars? And one thing we can conjecture from the evidence presented in the trailer for LoS2 is that Alucard is definitely not a pure vampire if at all. Someone pointed out in the MoF thread that in the LoS2 teaser Gabriel has no reflection and Alucard does.
"Stuff and things."

anything