Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406297 times)

Offline Leirbag

• duud !
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Forgive me, but isn't that more or less the plot of Star Wars? And one thing we can conjecture from the evidence presented in the trailer for LoS2 is that Alucard is definitely not a pure vampire if at all. Someone pointed out in the MoF thread that in the LoS2 teaser Gabriel has no reflection and Alucard does.
Could sound silly, but what if Alucard was in fact THE refflection of Dracula born through the mirror of fate ? You know, his nemesis ?
Whip it with fire !

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
And one thing we can conjecture from the evidence presented in the trailer for LoS2 is that Alucard is definitely not a pure vampire if at all. Someone pointed out in the MoF thread that in the LoS2 teaser Gabriel has no reflection and Alucard does.

That's the thing that everyone is forgetting, Alucard has a reflection so Trevor couldn't have become a vampire or else he wouldn't be able to have a reflection like Gabriel. (I know it's a reboot guys but the common lore of the vampires still apply in this universe, dhampyr's can go either way though.) So either Alucard is a separate character or Trevor became an entirely different creature altogether.

However the extended trailer for MoF puts more fuel to the Trevor=Alucard theory but im convinced that it's another swerve to throw people off.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 10:50:20 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Could sound silly, but what if Alucard was in fact THE refflection of Dracula born through the mirror of fate ? You know, his nemesis ?

I actually kinda like that idea. It "smells" like the sort of thing I'd expect from an Classic -> LoS twist.

However the extended trailer for MoF puts more fuel to the Trevor=Alucard theory but im convinced that it's another swerve to throw people off.

I sincerely hope this is the case.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Johnny Alucard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Shanoa x Monica OTP
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

That actually sounds quite interesting.  It would definitely make a very interesting twist.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

I guess at this point anything's possible.

2 quirks however that Alucard has, is 1- yellow irises, as Human form Vampires all seem to have red, and 2- a reflection, which Gabriel at least, demonstrates Vampires do not have.

Im wondering how this will be explained.

It is VERY possible they may actually go the traditional route and make him a second son, which would account for both by "he's half vampire, deal with it" logic, and that the Trevor = Alucard thing doesnt happen at all.

I do like the idea however, of Trevor being brainwashed and made to fight Simon, where he gets sense knocked into him and joins the fight. Reminds me of Cv3's Alucard fight.

there is the matter of Alucard initially appearing with the Battle  Cross though, and Simon mentioning it in voiceover however, so who knows?

Either way im sure it will be interesting.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Johnny Alucard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Shanoa x Monica OTP
    • Awards
2 quirks however that Alucard has, is 1- yellow irises, as Human form Vampires all seem to have red, and 2- a reflection, which Gabriel at least, demonstrates Vampires do not have.

Im wondering how this will be explained.

It is VERY possible they may actually go the traditional route and make him a second son, which would account for both by "he's half vampire, deal with it" logic, and that the Trevor = Alucard thing doesnt happen at all.

Carmilla also didn't have a reflection.

A second son is also likely, but it'll be with a human woman after Gabriel turned to explain Alucard being a dhampir.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
I don't think Alucard is a second child from another woman. Gabriel loves Marie, even after her death, kinda like the original Dracula loves Lisa.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
Perhaps Alucard had been given either angelic or demonic abilities? As someone else noted, Alucard and Satan have the same eye color. This could indicate either angelic or demonic powers. He says he was granted another chance to stop Gabriel in the extended trailer. Perhaps he went to hell and Satan gave him the powers to comeback and cause trouble for Gabriel. Satan perhaps is recovering from his last pwn by God and can't do it himself, so he allows Alucard the power to carry out his revenge. Either that or just to torment Gabriel and Trevor for his amusement. I can see Satan himself wanting to be the one who ends Gabriel for good out of spite.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Perhaps Alucard had been given either angelic or demonic abilities? As someone else noted, Alucard and Satan have the same eye color. This could indicate either angelic or demonic powers. He says he was granted another chance to stop Gabriel in the extended trailer. Perhaps he went to hell and Satan gave him the powers to comeback and cause trouble for Gabriel. Satan perhaps is recovering from his last pwn by God and can't do it himself, so he allows Alucard the power to carry out his revenge. Either that or just to torment Gabriel and Trevor for his amusement. I can see Satan himself wanting to be the one who ends Gabriel for good out of spite.
If Gabriel kills Trevor, maybe Satan will take this opportunity to take his revenge.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
If Gabriel kills Trevor, maybe Satan will take this opportunity to take his revenge.
Or if Satan take this war like a chance to take revenge from Gabriel and kill Trevor maybe Gabriel has to resurrect him and the only way is to do it as a Vampire...

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
I don't think Alucard is a second child from another woman. Gabriel loves Marie, even after her death, kinda like the original Dracula loves Lisa.

He loves Lisa, but you can tell he uses the likes of Succubus and Carmilla for things other than stopping Belmonts. Even an undead dark lord has his needs..

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
I do like the idea however, of Trevor being brainwashed and made to fight Simon, where he gets sense knocked into him and joins the fight. Reminds me of Cv3's Alucard fight.
Also, it could make a nice nod to the Belmont's Revenge (Christopher vs Soleil fight).

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
Ok, this may have been mentioned before and I just don't feel like wading through tons of crap to make sure....

Everyone thinks that the first sarcophagus belongs to Marie, and that perhaps the second one belonged to another woman who may have been Alucard's mother if Alucard is a second son to Gabriel.

Anyone given thought to the idea that it might be for Claudia? Gabriel was pretty greif-stricken by her death and even moreso after he found out he'd killed her just in the same method he'd been controlled to kill Marie. He showed a good deal of remorse, even after seeing her spirit ascend to heaven at the end of LoS. I could see him making a tomb for her in his castle as penance and in her memory.

Or perhaps, it's for Laura. She gave her life to make him strong enough to save the world from the Forgotten One, and was pretty attached to Gabe, and he seemed found of her as well due to her lingering innocence.

My bet is that if that second coffin is for anyone, it's either of those two instead of some new second wife or something. Those were women Gabriel cared about during his last days as a human. I could see that meaning a lot to him, even as a vampire.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
That's what I've been thinking all along. Cox confirmed that the sarcophagus belongs to Marie, however he didn't say which sarcophagus was her's or who the second sarcophagus belonged to. Which leaves me to believe that it's his second wife and mother to Alucard is in one of them. Although I can see Claudia being the other one as well.

Now as for Laura, im pretty sure she turned to dust and was blown away after Gabriel drained her, so I'd imagine i'd be pretty hard to find her remains.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 05:07:10 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Or perhaps, it's for Laura. She gave her life to make him strong enough to save the world from the Forgotten One, and was pretty attached to Gabe, and he seemed found of her as well due to her lingering innocence.
This. If i remember correctly he buried Laura when she died...

anything