Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406194 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Well folks I looked at cox's twitter and the LoS2 demo read this

http://twitter.com/gerrard8torres9/status/233419758870085632

and well there will be no los2 demo  :'(

(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Well folks I looked at cox's twitter and the LoS2 demo read this

http://twitter.com/gerrard8torres9/status/233419758870085632

and well there will be no los2 demo  :'(
No surprise, it's still too early. At best, we'll get a new trailer (I really hope for that).

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
There's going to be a "big announcement" today regarding this game apperently.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
There's going to be a "big announcement" today regarding this game apperently.
Trailertrailtrailertrailer plz

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Posted in the other thread, but yeah, that's an AWESOME news.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Here's hoping for a PC version of LoS I, can you imagine how beauftiful would it look? And of course it could fix the framerate

BTW, wow, this is the first PC 'vania since RONDO OF BLOOD
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 08:05:16 AM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
So, I presume that LoS1 might be slated for porting to PC now? I mean, otherwise PC only players will be completely lost.

EDIT: By the way, if PC is confirmed for LoS2 then that is the confirmed platform I will buy it on. PC is just far too superior, and we wont be having issues of frame rates dropping, and getting some true HD 1080.

Well, if they put it on Steam that is. No Steam, no purchase for me. Also if they do not unlock the framerate from 30 or whatever bullshit they have to limit it to on consoles, then that's also a deal breaker. 60fps or it's a pass. MS you just raised the bar of expectations high. You better live up to it or your PC venture will crash and burn. We aren't your typical console crowd and will not put up with this bullshit.

/pcmasterrace

OMG best news ever.!  ;D
Here's hoping for a PC version of LoS I, can you imagine how beauftiful would it look? And of course it could fix the framerate

BTW, wow, this is the first PC 'vania since RONDO OF BLOOD

Rondo of Blood was never on PC. If you have such a thing, its a pirate + emulator.

The first PC release in the franchise was for DOS and it was a (shitty) port of the first Castlevania. There was also a great port of CV2, coupled with, I believe, Contra.

Beyond that I don't recall anything else unless you count the MSX Vampire Killer, and X68 Castlevania (later became Chornicles for PS1). I excluded them because they are not truly what you would consider the PC Platform.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 08:48:23 AM by uzo »

Offline Xadion

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
the confusion of CV-X / rondo on "PC" first may be that it was on the PC Engine or whatever- aka the TurboGraphix 16 / cd - here in the states I belive- not PC as in personal computer.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Wasn't the PC engine a nec based pc? I'm confused. If it's not, it's the first since.. Castlevania 1? D:

BTW, the press release just confirmed OPEN WORLD
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 swoops to PC

KONAMI details Windows PC version of its epic saga

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced that it will release a Windows PC version of its stunning Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 alongside the versions for PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

The Windows PC version of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is being simultaneously developed by Madrid-based Mercury Steam, and builds on its critically acclaimed predecessor in every way. The new game features an all-new storyline, a larger cast of characters, huge open world environments and breath-taking visuals delivered via a much more powerful, brand new in house game engine called Mercury Engine 2.

Whereas the first game detailed the origin of Dracula and his legendary connection with the Belmonts, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, acts as a shocking finale to the Lords of Shadow saga, as Dracula returns once again; weakened and yearning for release from his immortal bonds. Facing a new and powerful threat, the vampire lord must amass his old powers – and his castle is central to regaining his abilities.

“Castlevania: Lords of Shadow successfully rebooted the franchise but now we want to go further and exceed people’s expectations on what to expect from the sequel,” commented Dave Cox, Producer of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 and Head of Product Planning and Development for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. “This new game tells a much broader tale and one that spans centuries. It is a game that pushes whatever format it is on to the absolute limit, and we are delighted that Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2’s rich blend of first-class fighting, deep exploration and rich storytelling are set to delight and enthrall PC users, too. There’s a darkness coming and with our new game engine, we hope to deliver something truly special across multiple formats that will set new standards for action adventure games …”

Of course, I think they mean the "stages" are open and not linear, you can't have the same open world for centuries.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Well going on what the leaker said, Lords of Shadow 2 is gonna be non linear like Darksiders.

And as someone who has been currently playing Darksiders 2, Im fucking stoked.

Offline Ascension

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

The first PC release in the franchise was for DOS and it was a (shitty) port of the first Castlevania. There was also a great port of CV2, coupled with, I believe, Contra.

Yeah, I think the one I have has CVI,II, and III and also has Contra on it.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

Color me intrigued Cox.

Will be keeping my eye on LOS2 even more now than before.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P