Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406206 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
If you commit suicide.

BRB guys, I'm gonna be a vampire!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
What's the problem with the phrase?

Nothing, I just miss the days when every game didn't rely on multi-cell processing 60 frames per second über-realistic super-high definition state of the art graphics, especially for Castlevania. All I care about LoS2 and Castlevania as a whole is that it will have fun gameplay & good music, who cares if the game pushes the PS3/X360/PC hardware capabilities to the absolute limit. I'm prolly exagerrating, and these things have prolly always been part of the industry, but nowadays it's just so prevalent and important to everybody that aspects like fun-factor and replayability may have taken a step back in favor of how pretty & photo-realistic the game looks (which is why I'll always love games like Shinobi for PS2, not for it's CUTTING EDGE graphix engine they exclusively developed, but for it's excellent gameplay and difficulty.) I expect all that technical mumbo jumbo in an interview for a MGS or Halo game, but not for Castlevania.

Konami, please arrange some meetings with WayForward already.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
eh, it makes sense. lords tended to have performance dips at times, so this is just clarifying that WE'LL HAVE NONE OF THAT NOW. so it's still a good thing and affects fun-factor.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
But there'll always be performance dips & glitches, no matter how technically proficient the engine is. Especially if the game is as "open world" as they say it is.

I want them to explain how platforming will be way better this time around, and how they've learned a lot about how to do it correctly in a 3D space, etc. stuff like that affects fun factor for me at least. Maybe I'm asking for too much.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
BRB guys, I'm gonna be a vampire!

I remember reading this method in a children's guidebook to vampires. It explains that it's a common belief in Romania. It then went on to state: "Remember kids, this method only works in the respective country where this belief is held!" So I guess they were trying to do a little damage controle there. 

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
the question is ... when we'll be able to see a footage of this game ?

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
the question is ... when we'll be able to see a footage of this game ?

I doubt anytime before MoF comes out, that's for sure.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Agreed. In fact if I were MS I'd be using MoF to keep attention away from LoS2 and devote more time to working on the game and less on advertising it at this early stage. Plus there really aren't any big trade shows coming up, right?
"Stuff and things."

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Agreed. In fact if I were MS I'd be using MoF to keep attention away from LoS2 and devote more time to working on the game and less on advertising it at this early stage. Plus there really aren't any big trade shows coming up, right?

nothing , for both LOS2 and MOF

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Castlevania has always presented itself on E3 mostly, so LoS2 is just going present itself there. If anything, we might get something nice for Christmas like more concept artwork. I wonder whether the game will even release on 2013, considering how they delayed MoF. LoS2 is most likely a 2014 event.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I bet for a VGA2012 trailer. Hopefully it gives them big exposition.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Melanicus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Here's another picture of Dracula, posted by Cox in honor of Bram Stoker's birthday:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/imgly_production/6079717/large.jpg
"Quiet, Yoda and Obi-wan! Be MODERATE with the Force, Luke!! Or: Be STRONG with the LIGHT SIDE, but in *using it*, Luke, use the appropriate strength!!"

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Gorgeous! :o

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Fucking fantastic.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
I still don't understand why the castle is connected via giant chains (wasn't that first seen in the [terrible] Van Helsing movie?)