Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406493 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
It's really a terrible movie. People that find it good are actually pretty rare.
Well I like it. :<
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Not really a surprise or anything very interesting, but Cox confirmed that the second tomb seen in the trailer is Laura's (the other one being Marie's).

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
b-but Laura's body disintegrated in Gabriel's arms once he finished draining her of her blood

logic in castlevania

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
b-but Laura's body disintegrated in Gabriel's arms once he finished draining her of her blood

logic in castlevania
Yeah. Must be more of a mausoleum/symbolic place than an actual tomb.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
So much for the telepath girl he murdered.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I didn't realize he gave that much of a shit over Laura instead of the sole surviving girl of an ancient civilization he murdered in his sleep, who helped him traverse the ancient ruins of her civilization and defeat the monsters there, Including a gigantic stone golem.  Laura DID try to kill him initially after all...

I mean I know he was hung up over Laura being a real old Vampire and yet only a little girl, and how laura seemed affected by Gabriel's displays of affection towards Marie's ghost, but really? enough to give her a memorial tomb?

Then again, whatever... I suppose his mind IS on a completely different page now that he's a vampire...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 12:23:33 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
nah it's just cox/alvarez being dumb

besides Gabriel already gave Claudia a burial spot/tomb, if anyone remembers

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
He's still kind of a dick :D

Laura was a monster who wanted and deserved to die. The least he could have done for Claudia was keep a remainder of her in his castle to nev4r forget.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
that's cuz gabriel be like

long hair

don't care

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
I think the whole disintigration thing was just an artistic choice to get Laura's dead body off the screen, just like all the enemies magically disappear after being killed.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Tanatra

• Everything Burns
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
I haven't been keeping up with this topic much, so this may have already been mentioned, but I was playing SCV4 a few weeks ago and the music that plays during the fight with Dracula reminded me very much of the music in the LoS2 trailer. Granted, the similarities are loose (just like "The Waterfall" and "Waterfalls of Agartha") but I didn't have to strain to hear them like I do in the LoS tracks that claim to have been inspired by music from previous CV games.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I haven't been keeping up with this topic much, so this may have already been mentioned, but I was playing SCV4 a few weeks ago and the music that plays during the fight with Dracula reminded me very much of the music in the LoS2 trailer. Granted, the similarities are loose (just like "The Waterfall" and "Waterfalls of Agartha") but I didn't have to strain to hear them like I do in the LoS tracks that claim to have been inspired by music from previous CV games.
Now you're saying it, that's true they bear some similarities.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Tombs could be created and tributed to dead people, even if there is no body.
Simple logic.  ;)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
There is no "logic" when it comes to Castlevania.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Like most Vampires, Laura got reduced into ashes and he placed them in the tomb, because having a Pot for ashes wouldn't be fitting for once a Christian man or Traditional vampire burial. Claudia was a side journey for Gabriel, he regrets everything that happened there. She was the first person to break his humanity on purpose if not counting the Brotherhood's conspiracy upon Gabriel. Why didn't she tell him about the vision? Some things could've been prevented and he already did a burial for Claudia in a lot of sorrow. First his wife got murdered just couple days ago and now he questions whether he was the one who killed Claudia or not and he probably blamed himself for the death of both Claudia and Black Knight. He buried her right after the battle, that's just grieving for sadness if you think about it. Laura in the other hand seemed like an evil child but Gabriel was probably surprised when she spared him after electrocuting him. Vampires are evil right? Why the mercy? That is pretty much a philosophy changer. After Marie goes into heaven, Claudia pops out, walking with a rhythm giving facial expressions like, "Gotcha, Biatch!" After his failed attempt to bring back Marie, Laura asks him for aid and explains now uncaring, stubborn Gabriel about the aftermath of destroyin the LoS, and she sympathizes and becomes personal when she is talking about Gabriel's current feelings. She even insults Gabriel when he decided not to care for the world and then there is a 300 year old vampire who's humanity was stripped a long time ago and now is an evil darkling talking about "gotta save the world". After that, Laura offers herself to her death so Gabriel can complete his mission... Laura was not hiding anything away from Gabriel unlike Claudia. Laura's role had greater significance than they did to Claudia. A lonely survivor with her Guardian as companion over an evil being that sacrifices herself so humanity can live to see another...