Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406690 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I really dig that musical piece.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
It is this attitude that supports the creation of inferior products in the industry.

Nah I do not think so that kind of attitude is just fine. Just have fun with it, but if you are trying to tell a story you have to have some kind of "logic" or attention to detail to some degree but if there is something that is out there like getting eating a power pellet or something why question it just go for the ride I mean try finding logic as to why Link can hold so many things or how Mario gets bigger when he obtains a mushroom. Meanwhile time to update the Los2 page ciao.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 VGA 2012 Teaser [HD 1080P]

As I just said on facebook it bugs me he doesn't say miserable "little" pile of secrets. It's just not him but I hear people misquote it all the time. No it's not the end of the world but it does bug me.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
It's kinda like the "Beam me up, Scotty!" problem, but at least it's not as bad.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
If this game plays like skyrim, has levels yet open world, I'm good. But if it plays out like GTA, Infamous... Then I have problems. I hate the idea of going around the same places, couple of times to do main and side quests. Then after a while you'll open a whole new world that does the same thing... That's a bit disappointing if it does like that... Skyrim gameplay fits Castlevania. That's what I was expecting of LoS to be like, until they announced it to be lvl based.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Then I have problems. I hate the idea of going around the same places, couple of times to do main and side quests.
Wasn't it basically one of the core ideas of "metroidvanias"?  :o

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Well, if there is a place that you can't access on the first run through an area, coming back for that to obtain a optional or main ability or to get through a different rout that leads to a new area or the continuation of the main story, i can't see it as bad, even the first LoS did that, with the brotherhood chests.

Now, if you have to go back and collect items or try to kill a number of enemies, that's another story, but even that the first LoS did, if you wanted to obtain 100% or more for a stage.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
If this game plays like skyrim, has levels yet open world, I'm good. But if it plays out like GTA, Infamous... Then I have problems. I hate the idea of going around the same places, couple of times to do main and side quests. Then after a while you'll open a whole new world that does the same thing... That's a bit disappointing if it does like that... Skyrim gameplay fits Castlevania. That's what I was expecting of LoS to be like, until they announced it to be lvl based.

Wasn't it basically one of the core ideas of "metroidvanias"?  :o

DUN-DUN-DUUUUN!!! Sound Effect

That was way too funny to me  ;D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 01:40:53 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #1313 on: November 30, 2012, 01:40:08 PM »
The game is structured more like Darksiders 2 and Arkham City than Skyrim or GTA.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #1314 on: November 30, 2012, 01:45:15 PM »
The game is structured more like Darksiders 2 and Arkham City than Skyrim or GTA.

Really? uhh... I have never played those games so i do not know  :-[ but it's bound to be awesome right  :)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1315 on: November 30, 2012, 01:58:46 PM »
Really? uhh... I have never played those games so i do not know  :-[ but it's bound to be awesome right  :)

Depends on how non linear the game is but yes it's highly possible it'll end up awesome.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
I wonder about the camera. Will it be fixed? If it plays anything like Darksiders or Arkham City, the camera better not be fixed.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1317 on: November 30, 2012, 02:15:47 PM »
Depends on how non linear the game is but yes it's highly possible it'll end up awesome.

:)
Terry Bogard - "OKAY!!"
(click to show/hide)

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
I wonder about the camera. Will it be fixed? If it plays anything like Darksiders or Arkham City, the camera better not be fixed.

It better not have a fixed camera. That was one of the things that limited the level designs in the last game, IMO. But honestly, there was so much else I wanted addressed, it's going to be interesting to see the result. I can't say I'm confident, but the Castlevania fan in me is still curious. The last time I was really a pro Metroidvania guy was during the GBA era, so MS is kind of making a questionable change for me if they're going that route in 3D. I wanted more of a CV64/LoD approach--self-contained/contextual exploration mixed with action-platforming progression. However, I know that's pretty much a pipe dream during this current era. Here's hoping for some tight jumping controls at least. The story, however it twists the original narrative, is DOA for me after what was done in LoS1. Gabe as Drac just didn't ring true to me. Feels kind of "Hollywood-ish." Anyway, it's hard to save a story that was sloppy and sensationalist for the sake of sensationalism. In the end, the best I'm hoping for from it is a morphed retelling of Castlevania 1 (with the change being that it's Belmont vs Drac Belmont). But then, maybe I'm mistaken.

PS: Likes Neobelmont's Terry Bogard reference.

EDIT: Drac art a few pages back looks like a cross between Vamp and Orlando Bloom. Not really feeling that. Also, the SotN line? Maybe that's a teaser for it to be like SotN and boost the morale of that crowd, especially in the media, who bashed LoS1 for not being SotN3D. However, it better not be a sign of the often half-hearted homages/name drops found in LoS1.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 04:41:59 PM by RichterB »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Also, the SotN line? Maybe that's a teaser for it to be like SotN and boost the morale of that crowd, especially in the media, who bashed LoS1 for not being SotN3D. However, it better not be a sign of the often half-hearted homages/name drops found in LoS1.

Given that nearly all homages in the first game had only the most shallow contextual similarities to their originals... I wouldn't hold my breath.
"Stuff and things."