Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406158 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Actual HD, and 60fps? Sign me up. I'd say its worth a re-buy on PC for me, even if just to gawk at the glorious environments without frame drops and in actual HD.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #1336 on: December 03, 2012, 11:02:17 PM »
pfff Konami?

Doing something generous?

In the year of our lord 2012!?

Yeah right.

Double dipping if true.
Well it *IS* the end of the world, after all.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Actual HD, and 60fps? Sign me up. I'd say its worth a re-buy on PC for me, even if just to gawk at the glorious environments without frame drops and in actual HD.

Ditto. There were just a few, few spots where the framerate would somehow stutter upwards to something much higher than the game's norm, and it would look fucking AMAZING for about two seconds.

Oh man... having all of the game look like that... I don't know if I could take it.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Mmmh, a re-release on PC of LoS1? I'm all in.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Just got done listening to this

Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow 2 OST - The Dragon Returns

I'm sorry, but this isn't Castlevania music. This sounds like it was ripped straight from The Dark Knight soundtrack. This has absolutely no identity and no soul. I am not okay with this at all. After 23+ years of awesome Castlevania music that we all grew up with, this is a travesty.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
It's either generic epicness or epic genericness. I can't decide. Either way, ditto.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #1341 on: December 04, 2012, 09:03:59 AM »
It's either generic epicness or epic genericness. I can't decide. Either way, ditto.

HOLD UP!

How did you change your name?

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
I have a special user status as a reward for my 11 years of awesome posting. I can also change the color of my username.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1343 on: December 04, 2012, 09:24:24 AM »
Dem ancient member privilages.

Anyway on the subject of the music, not shocked at all with the direction of the soundtrack. I just hope it more variety and that it doesn't repeat over and over again like it did in LOS1. And considering that this is a non linear game, that could be a big issue if it's like that again.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
I don't think this style of music suits Castlevania at all but perhaps I wouldn't have been so bad if LoS didn't fail at executing its bombastic score.

Somebody please call Hitoshi Sakimoto.   

Final Fantasy XII - Opening Movie (Theme Of Final Fantasy XII)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 12:21:41 PM by Nagumo »

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Yeah, reminds me about the music from the Dark Knight, though it still have presence of Castlevaniash spirit in places, I think. Even, if it's not catchy tune from like in the games of old, I think this music exactly what should be used for the LOS reboot.
CV64 wasn't using usual CV music either and it was fitting the game to a "T".  :)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Somebody please call Hitoshi Sakimoto.   

Or Yuzo Koshiro.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 01:41:58 PM by beingthehero »

Offline sannyclause

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
HO HO HO that song kicks *** its like hans zimmerman and john carpenter had a baby and produced epicness, whoever made this soundtrack is gonna have a merry christmas  :)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
All I am say, is that the track fits well within the Lords of Shadow series

Offline Tanatra

• Everything Burns
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
+1
Back around Halloween I was playing SCVIV and during the fight with Dracula, the background music reminded me very much of the music playing in the LoS2 trailer. I've already mentioned this, but seeing as the current discussion is about the trailer music of LoS2, perhaps people will actually acknowledge my post this time:

http://www.chapelofresonance.com/media/ost/super-castlevania-iv/24-dracula-battle-bgm.mp3

Note the string instruments. Are the similarities subtle? Definitely, but I didn't have to strain to hear them like I did with the music in LoS that was supposedly inspired by other Castlevania tracks, like "The Waterfalls of Agartha."

anything