Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406124 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
The trailer was "underwhelming" honestly.

Was hoping to see more gameplay but instead got a majority of cutscenes that did not reveal much.

And I wish Cox and team would quit causing confusion amongst fans by having Garbriel still call himself "Dracul" even though pretty much everyone else on his team including himself calls him "Dracula" in interviews.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Go figure right after I stopped watching they announced Dark Souls 2.

lol

Recording and being able to go backwards never fails  ;)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Black Cat

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Loved the trailer. Shouldn't have mentioned anything about gameplay when they were advertising this though. Not surprised people are disappointed.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
To keep it short, I liked the trailer but I wanted more.

And HOLYFUCK DARK SOULS 2!!!!! :o

Seeing as it's the first non-teaser reveal I'll give them a pass on length. Once MoF comes out, though, I want more

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
You people want a new Castlevania game? Look no further than Dark Souls 2 and the Souls series. Those games are the true future of Castlevania and not this David Cocks half assed bullshit.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
Loved the trailer. Shouldn't have mentioned anything about gameplay when they were advertising this though. Not surprised people are disappointed.

There was but just flashes so can that really count then? I love it but that was castlevanias big chance to get out there I hope it succeeded in doing this.
(click to show/hide)

Offline sannyclause

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
HO HO HO that......kicked....ass  :D

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
I'm more excited for Dark Souls 2.

On topic I thought the trailer was a little weak. I guess I was expecting more.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
You people want a new Castlevania game? Look no further than Dark Souls 2 and the Souls series. Those games are the true future of Castlevania and not this David Cocks half assed bullshit.

Well this is Mercury's last castlevania.

So you won't have to deal with this for much long. ;)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
HO HO HO so now we know that Dracula has been in slumber for centuries, and now I assume Alucard/Belmont is responsible for that

Dracula has no memory of who he was, just REVENGE against those who wronged him

I really hope Satan isn't the final boss again

as for graphics, they look spectacular hohoho. However Dracula's facial motions at the end looked weird and could use some work, compared to other games that were shown

Dark Souls II preview looks like it caught more the Castlevania "vibe" lol

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Oh come on stop it already you don't belong in here, seriously, this is the LoS2 thread you don't liked then get out of here. Damn you are annoying. Dark Souls 2 is amazing though, I'm a happy panda.

About LoS, I definetly could see gameplay in there and it looked... amazing, almost CG!

Still, that could be PC version and that's half cheating :P

Everything comes full circle

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
Oh come on stop it already you don't belong in here, seriously, this is the LoS2 thread you don't liked then get out of here. Damn you are annoying. Dark Souls 2 is amazing though, I'm a happy panda.

About LoS, I definetly could see gameplay in there and it looked... amazing, almost CG!

Still, that could be PC version and that's half cheating :P

Don't let it get to you.

No need to get all worked up and cause a argument.

Just ignore him or report him to the staff if you feel he doesn't belong here.

Not a good idea to add fuel to the fire.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I'm more excited for Dark Souls 2.

On topic I thought the trailer was a little weak. I guess I was expecting more.

I think we all were it was not bad, but all these months and all we get is about a minute or two but, it does pop some interesting questions like why does Gabriel not remember certain things did Simon and Alucard do something in MoF?

(click to show/hide)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
HOHOHO also it looked like the first LoS2 preview we saw a while back will be playable to some extent, as opposed to 1 long cutscene

as for why Dracula can't remember anything, he's been sleeping/hibernation for centuries and amnesia caught the best of him

why didn't Julius remember anything from 1999? heh

Offline whitedragon_nall

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
+1
A bit underwhelming, but I enjoyed it.

anything