Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406055 times)

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
December 07, 2012, 07:06:21 PM - Hidden.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Just on a side note was there a trailer or pictures for Dark Souls 2 or just the announcement?

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
H OH OH O Robert Carlyle didn't really sell the "I AM DRA-COOL!" line, kinda sounded cheesy lol, but that's just my opinion
just call yourself Dracula for Christ's sake

that youtube video really doesn't do the preview justice :/

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
HOHOHO also it looked like the first LoS2 preview we saw a while back will be playable to some extent, as opposed to 1 long cutscene

as for why Dracula can't remember anything, he's been sleeping/hibernation for centuries and amnesia caught the best of him

why didn't Julius remember anything from 1999? heh

One hecka of a beauty sleep right?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
The leak guy was spot on saying that it looked like Darksiders and Arkham City. If I see him again I'll give him a coke.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
DARK SOULS 2 BITCHES
No, it looked terrible, and now my replacement for Castlevania is dead too.

Lords 2 had some gameplay, but it wasn't really enough to make a strong impression since it was mostly flashes. I guess we now know one thing: bite enemies in real-time.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
The leak guy was spot on saying that it looked like Darksiders and Arkham City. If I see him again I'll give him a coke.

So we know one thing... It's going to be awesome  :D
(click to show/hide)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
H OH OH O Robert Carlyle didn't really sell the "I AM DRA-COOL!" line, kinda sounded cheesy lol, but that's just my opinion
just call yourself Dracula for Christ's sake

that youtube video really doesn't do the preview justice :/

So far his MoF lines have been better.

But the again, it's one trailer.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Yeah the "Dracol" delivery was kinda sloppy but I think they wanted to evoke memories for the infamous "Eu Sunt Dracul" line.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
At least Mof and LOS2 are shaping up to be great since I never played arkham city or darksiders 2 I know I have alot to lot to look foward to.
(click to show/hide)

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
So, was that one trailer all that's coming tonight? I would think they would have wanted to show something more convincing at this stage. Something to at least assure the SotN fans, if nothing else, like transformations and exploration. Maybe they thought some sword fighting would be enough of a shock?

(PS: I've seen the Dark Souls comments on these threads for a while, and even with the Dark Souls II trailer, I don't think it screams Castlevania so much as dungeon-crawling medieval swords 'n' sorcery. It's pretty-looking, and I feel the frustration toward LoS2, but Dark Souls isn't "Castlevania" either).

(PPS: The games industry has really devolved into a hollow Hollywood wannabe. It's pretentious shock theater that perpetuates and supports a ridiculous stereotype of gaming. Watching this Spike stuff is hard to do...)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 07:25:40 PM by RichterB »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
You people want a new Castlevania game? Look no further than Dark Souls 2 and the Souls series. Those games are the true future of Castlevania and not this David Cocks half assed bullshit.
Let me tell you something, boy. I've probably been playing Castlevania since before you were even conceived. I'll say whatever the fuck I want in regards to this pitiful excuse for a Castlevania game. The fact that they showed Dark Souls 2 right after Castlevania really makes me happy.

These new Castlevania games are not Castlevania. I've said it before, but Souls games are more Castlevania these days than Castlevania is. Sorry, but that's what it is.

Anyway, out of respect for Jorge, I'll leave now. I don't want to derail things any further.

DARK SOULS 2 BITCHES
Stop being such an ass.

Also, Ii never understood why people think Dark Souls is like Castlevania. I just don't. It reminds me nothing of Castlevania...

Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Stop being such an ass.

Also, Ii never understood why people think Dark Souls is like Castlevania. I just don't. It reminds me nothing of Castlevania...

Yeah. I don't really see it either. I was watching my brother play it the other day. It looked pretty and all, but didn't remind me of Castlevania.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Stop being such an ass.

I was starting to think I was the only one that didn't see all the Castlevania in Dark Souls

At this point I can understand gameplay complaints from some fans, but I find it hard to see how this doesn't LOOK like Castlevania
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 07:27:06 PM by e105beta »

Offline sannyclause

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
HO HO HO it looks like we might be able to explore the city as well, cool

anything