Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406067 times)

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/brp2y4/video-game-awards-2012-vga-2012--part-3---the-last-of-us

frikin amazing.

That trailer link works (just fast-forward past Last of Us).

QUESTION: Can someone help me understand where Gabriel's coming from? He's angry he was imprisoned in sleep, and now he wants power back. But, how did he ever get so maniacally power mad to begin with? Did I miss something? It wasn't in the main game of LoS that I played. I skipped the DLC, but from what I read of it, I don't know what in it caused him to be a raving lunatic who thinks the whole world is responsible for the death of his wife and did him wrong. I mean, she even told him to let it go--that was closure right there. What's going on with this Dracula?

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I wonder if this will be Gabriel fighting the order, vampire hunters, angels and wizards or something.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Probably there'll be multiple playable characters this time.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I wonder if this will be Gabriel fighting the order, vampire hunters, angels and wizards or something.

Maybe all, also in other news I have updated the Los2 page with some new images, will update as soon as more images come along been searching like crazy and these two are all that I came up with might remove the other since it's so small.

I don't even know where Ahasverus got those three images impressive
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Neogaf. Someone captured them from the trailer.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Yep. I think more will come now that the trailer is avaliable.  :)

Everything comes full circle

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
QUESTION: Can someone help me understand where Gabriel's coming from? He's angry he was imprisoned in sleep, and now he wants power back. But, how did he ever get so maniacally power mad to begin with? Did I miss something? It wasn't in the main game of LoS that I played. I skipped the DLC, but from what I read of it, I don't know what in it caused him to be a raving lunatic who thinks the whole world is responsible for the death of his wife and did him wrong. I mean, she even told him to let it go--that was closure right there. What's going on with this Dracula?

hohoho I just chalk it up to centuries of cursed vampirism/perpetual agony drove him mad.

"I cannot die, yet.. I cannot live."

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards

Hmm neogaf huh going to check there right now  molto grazie Maedhros

darn it let me post

cannot find anything do not know why but I just cannot I'll have to wait till some new screens come out at least I got some new Mof images today and ahasverus los2 cannot win all battles I guess.  ;)

Well that as fun ciao ragazzi
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 09:11:40 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
hohoho I just chalk it up to centuries of cursed vampirism/perpetual agony drove him mad.

"I cannot die, yet.. I cannot live."
Or a virtual hyperlink to "See Dracula in all other media and the older CV games to understand his pure evilness and hatred for things if you have any questions!".

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I think it was already confirmed in the Lords DLC that Gabriel having vampire blood made him turn into a bigger ass.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Just watched the Trailer... OH SHIT! Since we will have speculations and countless discussions, We gotta have nicknames for these Chars...

Gabriel as Dracula - We call him Gabula/Dracul
Trevor being Alucard - Trevucard
Weak old looking Gabula - Drycula! Because he needs blood and he's thirsty.

Okay, so why is Drycula wearing a Green and Yellow Sash... Those are Trevor's Coat's Colours... WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING HERE?

That being said, the memory thing... "Assassinvania" and City gameplay, "Batmanvania". I like this! So the game will take place in the future! This is great news indeed! And there is alot of Sword use in the game as well. I didn't see any Blood Whip... Those things probably use Mana/Bloodlust and may be stronger than the sword... But this is a huge change of feel from the First game. So there is alot of Variation in the Saga. First game is a Linear Hack n' Slash, Second is a Classic Sidescroller and the third is exploration and plays similar to AC and Batman, although those weren't direct gameplay. This is gonna be GOOD so far!

These are Bright Times... Times with hope...

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
Weak old looking Gabula - Drycula!

How about Crusticula?

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
The instant Gabula said he had no memory it reminded me of "Legacy of Cain: Blood Omen 2".
"Stuff and things."

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Ugh. Now I don't know what to believe. The epilogue from the first game tells us he wants to die, now we hear that he's weak after centuries of sleep but wants lost power and vengeance, only to see him as looking normal again. So it's just some kind of frankenclip that was spliced together to keep us speculating? Not quite as satisfying as the MoF trailer was, I have to admit.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Trailer looked alright. I like Robert Carlyle but his delivery was kinda lacking.

Surprised to see him use a sword. I assumed the licorice whip would be his main attack; maybe it's part of his dark magic in this one? That'd make sense as the cinematics made it look pretty OP. Hopefully the sword's fun to use.

anything