Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406087 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #1530 on: December 08, 2012, 07:43:03 AM »
+1
I wonder if we'll get anymore info about the game on Monday, since every other game is getting coverage that day too.

Also noticed that this is trailer was short compared to the other Lords of Shadow trailers. Hopefully we'll get an extended trailer at some point that shows some more gameplay at least.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
I can't help but compare Gabriel a bit to a OC from a fanfic that kills all the already established characters (Trevor, the Belmont who is around in modern times who without a doubt will be called Julius, probably Simon and Alucard too, Cornell etc.). It kind off bothers me.   
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 08:23:15 AM by Nagumo »

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
You don't know what you're talking about...

I must have been talking crazy..... nah  :P

If I were to describe it in one picture it would be this

While both have a unique quality I'll go for the "unrefined oaf" over the "pansy"

But as for the reason it's because it's the first time we are seeing dracula do something  besides just shooting fireballs and having overdramatic speeches... well from the looks of it he is still going to do that  ;), and the fact that this version is just so different I mean for for Pete's sake if this turns out to be true and he did defeat Trevor then this would be the first time drac has overcome the threat of a belmont.

Folks are going to like one over the other but, as the moment stands I am starting to like Gabriel over Mathias.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 09:44:11 AM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I'm getting a Legacy of Kain vibe of all this. the possibility of Alucard being playable too (as hinted by Cox) time travel and stuff.. I like it.

Everything comes full circle

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
I believe there's a saying in the military that "soldiers run, officers walk".

For Da True Drac, it means "The Dark Lord does magic, the insects fight".

Mathias/Drac doesn't do armed/melee combat because he considers it beneath him. And he was originally a strategist, so it's only natural he rather wave his hand and summon meteors than get all physical. Gabriel is a grunt. I guess it's about what type you prefer. Personally, I like my Dark Lord be lord-like.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
I believe there's a saying in the military that "soldiers run, officers walk".

For Da True Drac, it means "The Dark Lord does magic, the insects fight".

Mathias/Drac doesn't do armed/melee combat because he considers it beneath him. And he was originally a strategist, so it's only natural he rather wave his hand and summon meteors than get all physical. Gabriel is a grunt. I guess it's about what type you prefer. Personally, I like my Dark Lord be lord-like.

True and I am starting to like the warrior over the tactician
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #1536 on: December 08, 2012, 09:55:47 AM »
+1
I'm getting a Legacy of Kain vibe of all this. the possibility of Alucard being playable too (as hinted by Cox) time travel and stuff.. I like it.

I got some Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver vibes from that trailer too. Even the music reminded me of Soul Reaver a bit.

Plus we have our Kain and Raziel in Dracula and Alucard.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1537 on: December 08, 2012, 09:57:11 AM »
I got some Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver vibes from that trailer too. Even the music reminded me of Soul Reaver a bit.

Plus we have our Kain and Raziel in Dracula and Alucard.

As someone who has never played Legacy of Kain is that a good thing or bad thing?
(click to show/hide)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Dracula never be the same after Lord of Shadows...
The Dracula's revenge
Lords of Shadow 2: Dracula's Quest

i like the more front lines warrior general myself
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1539 on: December 08, 2012, 10:25:20 AM »
+1
As someone who has never played Legacy of Kain is that a good thing or bad thing?

Good.

But I doubt it will top Legacy of Kain though.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Mathias is more of a Lord of Vampires. Gabriel is more of a Vampire Warlord. Both excel in different attributes while they cannot master the other aspects. Mathias as a tactician has planned out enemies and layout, and as that's him as a tactician and when you reach the General, he has his sword in his sheath and uses it until you defeat him. Dracula (Mathias) is basically a Wizard... who also happens to be a Vampire. Gabriel is a Warlord who has on-the-line battle experience. So Gabriel is a powerful vampire because he has those attributes. Now we know that our original bad-ass Mathias is a powerful mother-fucker indeed, but when you compare the both Vampires' trades and skills, Mathias is more of a "Lord of Darkness" like the original Bram Stoker's Dracula. While he is the strongest indeed, he is more of a general and he NEEDS his army nonetheless, he is an alchemist and a wizard on the side for his combat, and while he may have his vampiric strength in his disposal, he isn't fit for a hand to hand combat with a Belmont, that's why Dracula keeps teleporting away because he can't handle that shit. Gabriel is a tactician in terms of personal combating unlike Mathias who uses it to command armies/now his legion. Gabriel on the other hand butchered his way through the burning village, all the way through the necromancer's abyss and back to the Castle and then to the Realm of the Forgotten One's with Zobek giving descriptions such as... "He sleeps less, eats less" I mean, talk about endurance. Gabriel is a strong and mighty Vampire. Look at the trailer in how he fights off armies and their generals like "I'm my own army". Obviously this is the guy you don't want to mess with in a "last man standing". In the trailers, he fights Trevor in an equal level. He is the type that wouldn't even bother drinking vine and waiting for the whip using warrior to reach his throne room. If he senses your presence, he will fight you there and then but alas, you've MoF in which he plays as a tactician, but then look, he is a War"Lord", so why wouldn't he have his share of armies?

Both have their share of strength and weaknesses, no need to make this a Deadliest Warrior episode. In fact, Mathias would get a true Vampire friend that Leon couldn't provide. They'd be bros. Olrox would be just low-tier Vampire. They both Complement each other in various sorts. Both had somewhat the same back story. Belmonts would be nothing in front of those two.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I mostly like old Dracula because he wasn't deceived and strung along by a bunch of people, including his wife.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
I mostly like old Dracula because he wasn't deceived and strung along by a bunch of people, including his wife.

Indeed. Gabriel was tricked, Mathias chose his curse.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
I side with the strongest. Take what you will from that.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
When it comes to the debate over strength or intelligence all I have to say is