Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406040 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I'm actually quite thrilled by how they could manage the father/son relationship.
Here's hoping they don't mess it up lol
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 11:15:35 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Updated the los2 page with the vga trailer for those who have not seen it yet and from the looks of it it will not be taken down since the person got permission from viacom

Edit  just replaced that one with the konami one  :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 10:49:39 AM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
Trevor Belmont / Gabriel Belmont

This makes me sad what could have been  :'(
(click to show/hide)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
No, seriously. This LoS saga has a lot of narrative oportunities, good concepts and a dare I say it phenomenal foundation.. however execution started already flawed and I fear for the future. Remember how Gabriel was supposed to fall into madness as long as the game progressed? Well that didn't happened in game, it was not used, it was not developed. Remember how Laura's death was supposed to be emotional? Busted. Remember how the Lord of the Dead was supposed to be a master tactician and a fearsome figure? Well they made him look goofy and killed him in 3 minutes. See? Lots of chances to elevate this storya bove others, and lots of screw-ups. And now,  seeing as trailers for MoF and LoS2 seems to me TOO much story focused, I fear the games themselves could be, and judging by their first try, I think there's much to be worried about.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
No, seriously. This LoS saga has a lot of narrative oportunities, good concepts and a dare I say it phenomenal foundation.. however execution started already flawed and I fear for the future. Remember how Gabriel was supposed to fall into madness as long as the game progressed? Well that didn't happened in game, it was not used, it was not developed. Remember how Laura's death was supposed to be emotional? Busted. Remember how the Lord of the Dead was supposed to be a master tactician and a fearsome figure? Well they made him look goofy and killed him in 3 minutes. See? Lots of chances to elevate this storya bove others, and lots of screw-ups. And now,  seeing as trailers for MoF and LoS2 seems to me TOO much story focused, I fear the games themselves could be, and judging by their first try, I think there's much to be worried about.

If  MS kept the story clear then alot of this unused stuff would have not need to be thought about. Sometimes clarity,brevity, and most of all simplicity is the best way to go.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Where did you hear this? I've never heard that before.

I know it says so in Konami magazine. Gaming sites like IGN probably had picked up on it too back in the day.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Dave Cox be like, a 15 yr old on Facebook.

[@CastlevaniaLOS: I block dickheads, if your rude or say dumb shit...it's goodbye :) #just saying[/quote]

What an oaf! But we still love you! XD

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
How professional and mature.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

"LoS has an AWESOME story! Just everything in it didn't come out good."

Oh, ok Ahasverus.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
There should really be a scene where you see Gabriel put on his armor and tunic. That would improve the narrative by a long shot for me, personally.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
Dave Cox be like, a 15 yr old on Facebook.

[@CastlevaniaLOS: I block dickheads, if your rude or say dumb shit...it's goodbye :) #just saying

What an oaf! But we still love you! XD

Guess he's like a raunchier version of Alvarez, who was sassy hera at the forum when LoS was coming out.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I still want to know why the brotherhood has a skull for their insignia. or at least why gabe's armor has it.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #1587 on: December 10, 2012, 10:55:55 AM »
+1
I must be going crazy but I watched the trailer again I think I saw Dracula walking out of the church with his cape on moving towards the street. :o

I hope Im not the only one seein that.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
It's interesting to actually see you be critical of LoS for once, and not be, "OMG, teh awesomest game EVERZ!!".

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Where did you hear this? I've never heard that before.
It makes a little sense since "Cornell" is generally used as a last name, but still.
Here.
There is a lot information about CV64 prior its release, but I am afraid not all of it could be checked for accuracy, since a lot of sources have dissappeared.

anything