Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406080 times)

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
I would like some multiple endings.

Dave Cox confirmed that there will be some electronic music in LoS as well. I don't see why not make some catchy tunes now?

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #1606 on: December 11, 2012, 10:27:47 AM »
Electronic music huh? Dracula going into a underground nightclub full of strobelights and monsters confirmed.  ;D

Kidding of course well kind of.

Anyway it seems Dracula's sword has a name, it's called the "Void Sword." Sounds kinda eh to me but I'll prolly warm up to it.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
HO HO HO they should've named it 'Valmanway'

i remember getting Maxim's 'Stellar Sword' in PoR

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
All swords should have cool sounding Scandinavian names.  >:(

Offline sannyclause

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Oh hey it's that guy from the trailer who Gabe Dracula- oh pardon- 'Dracul' kills.

We sure hes a vampire? seems more like a demon or something. Why would he be fighting AGAINST the Lord of Vampires? Leftover resistance of Camilla's?
HO HO HO it seems like satan will be turning draculs minions against him, diabolical

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
If there're a few electronic tracks in the game, I hope that means: Beats! That could somewhat compensate for the lack of melodies. I mean, there are obviously melodies, but... you know what I mean. Beats may not actually "fit" with the time period of most Castlevania games, but Yamane did it many times and no one complained back then, so I don't see why not.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
So, Cox: Alucard's sword is special. That's why he has a reflection.

Oh boy, so much teasing!

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Alucard Sword maybe? Marie's family's heirloom... If it is Trevucard.

Also, if this game has a modern day setting, electronic music could suit it. Something like Batman animated series (2005), Trinity Blood, Hellsing, etc.

It will be like dark rave or ambient, but so far what I've listened to in both trailers are full orchestrations with some hints of electro-bass arpeggios... Maybe that's what it's going to be.

I'm hoping that Maestro Araujo can make some fusion and just plain electronic beats as well.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #1613 on: December 11, 2012, 03:18:32 PM »
Bet the swords name is "Dragonbane" or something.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Bet the swords name is "Dragonbane" or something.

Okay, what else have you heard? Spill it out! >:(

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1615 on: December 11, 2012, 06:50:18 PM »
The name Dragonbane just popped in my head randomly. I think it's from an RPG or something.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1616 on: December 11, 2012, 07:42:00 PM »
The name Dragonbane just popped in my head randomly. I think it's from an RPG or something.

Dragonbane is a commonly used sword name in fantasy stories. That might be why you thought of it.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
They actually poked fun at "Schneider Belmont" and "Reinhardt Cornell", so they asked fans to submit their own names for the characters. And as a result, we got Cornell and Reinhardt Schneider.
The name of Reinhardt Schneider was determined by RYOKO AMOU and MIYOKO EBI. Two persons' name can be seen on staff credit "SPECIAL THANKS".  Since Cornell was canceled, he is not naming by fan.
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
I'm sticking with my original theory on Alucard's sword: the blade was the same one Gabriel threw back at Pan to defeat him to open up the way to the deadlands. The sword had the blood of an Old God, and if you notice, Pan's blood was silver as it poured out of him.
A shred of proof that I'm right? None at all.  :P
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1619 on: December 11, 2012, 11:35:57 PM »
Dragonbane is a commonly used sword name in fantasy stories. That might be why you thought of it.
So is Dragonslayer(thought it sounds too classic fantasy RPG/story).