Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406701 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Foffy, what emulator is that? JPCSP? Also Spyro from PSX looks like a game from PS2 with all these filters and cool things ON. :P

Also here is the complete article from the FFXII pic that Ahasverus posted: http://ultrararespacehighfive.wordpress.com/2010/11/03/old-toy-new-power/
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 12:12:39 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Foffy, what emulator is that? JPCSP? Also Spyro from PSX looks like a game from PS2 with all these filters and cool things ON. :P

Also here is the complete article from the FFXII pic that Ahasverus posted: http://ultrararespacehighfive.wordpress.com/2010/11/03/old-toy-new-power/

Yes sir, that would JPCSP. The game is fully playable, save for a small performance dip when the levels start. SotN on the other hand has massive bits of slowdown in the emulator. Weird stuff. :P

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Thanks for let me know that, the last time that I tested DXC in this emulator years ago it have a lot of graphical glitches, good to know that this emulator have improved so much. :)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
PSP emulation is clunky at its best. Really, not woth the hassle. Hope it improves though.

You wanted Castlevania? HERE COMES CASTLEVANIA

Everything comes full circle

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Someone with a good PC can post some pics of Judgement in 1080p with filters and all?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Someone with a good PC can post some pics of Judgement in 1080p with filters and all?

Filters? GameCube/Wii games don't really have filter support on their better video plugins, but they do have a scaler. This is Judgment running at 2112p. It's only scaled down due to my PC resolution.

As for PSP emulation, it depends on the games. Some games work quite well, where others barely work at all. It's not like PS2/GC/Wii emulation where most games simply work out of the box. Audio is a big issue with PSP emulation, too.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Hey, thanks Foffy, I said filters because I dont know what they use in this emulator to get better graphics since my PC at home doesn't even open this emulator, also I didn't knew that a resolution better than 1080p existed, some know what is the best resolution that exist in actual days?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Hey, thanks Foffy, I said filters because I dont know what they use in this emulator to get better graphics since my PC at home doesn't even open this emulator, also I didn't knew that a resolution better than 1080p existed, some know what is the best resolution that exist in actual days?

Actual resolution? Well, for regular commercial television displays, 1080p is the current bar. PCs can often render graphics at above that resolution and scale downwards, a technique referred to as downsampling. Emulators with a scaler can often do this.

The best resolution you can get today could be a 4k television, but those cost thousands of dollars. The lowest price of those is one by Sharp, costing an incredibly cheap price of around $5,000.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Wow, that resolution is insane. Our eyes really need that much? That seems quite exaggerated to me.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Its very wrong that I read COX instead of CSX at first and it still made sense to me? lol
Also sorry for derailing the topic.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Its very wrong that I read COX instead of CSX at first and it still made sense to me? lol

Hahaha. It's perfect too.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
New info from spanish interview: LoS2 will have 3 HOURS of cutscenes.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Stories from both games were neither good nor bad in my opinion, but anyway I really liked both endings. I liked better the story from Mirror of Fate because it is more tragic and handled with sensibility, and Trevor's ending is to me, so far, the pinnacle of the MS games, together with the castle from Mirror of Fate.
Perhaps the fact of the story being shorter contributed to a better story, so I don't know what to think about 3 hours of cutscenes.
But, about the main topic, I really hope LoS 2 retain the look of MoF's castle, because, in fact, I enjoyed it. It wasn't perfect, as I stated on another thread, but it was very nice to look at, especially some backgrounds.
If they use this approach and take advantage of next gen graphics, visuals of this game could turn out to be outstanding.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I'm expecting LoS2 to be pretty big in scale. It's a console game, not relegated and limited to a handheld, so it has much more room to breathe and flex it's muscles.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.