Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406207 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Well, it's possible that they may do modern time de-powered Dracula so there is an excuse for an actual game and not just "Lol I'm Dracula game over"

Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
All I said was that I wish this game was more like Darksiders/Arkham City and less like God of War. Cause to me, GoW is the game that is the easiest to compare it too. And I actually like GoW style games, but for the next Castlevania I'd like focus on exploration, hence the Darksiders/Arkham comparison. There's nothing wrong in comparing things, IMO. In fact, it's what I always do. But whatever.

Sometimes people are overly sensitive when you compare video games. It's like "How DARE you compare Call of Duty with Battlefield!? They have NOTHING in common!"

...o...k...

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
All I want with LoS2 is to have young Dracula (no the old) to be super powerful. With super attacks, no need to climb or some stuff Gabriel had to do. He's now (one of) the most powerful things in the universe, so come on.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Judging by the two trailers, I don't think we'll have to worry too much about young Dracula not being super powerful.

Unless Cutscene power is in effect and that gameplay is a different story. :-\
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 08:39:53 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Is it odd that after MoF my hype for this is not as high as it use to be?

My anticipation for this has really been lowered  :(

(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)

Mine too. But I trust a little more the A team of MS. Márquez is no Araújo.

Everything comes full circle

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
I dunno why I'm still a little bit hyped for this game. Maybe I'm more curious than genuinely hyped though. It's just interesting to see how much Mercury Steam has learnt, and how much they've fixed from the first LoS, based on feedback from fans and reviews. I doubt it's gonna be vastly different but maybe a little bit more...fun? I want gameplay videos naow!

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards

I think it's more to do with the lack of info on the game, I can't find any holes out their either so they're keeping info on this game air tight. All that's know is that's known is that the game is structured like Darksiders and Arkham City and that the gameplay has been changed a bit from LOS1 and MoF.

I keep my hype stabilized by watching this over and over and thinking of the possibilities

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - Exclusive Debut Trailer

Can you believe it's almost been a year since this debuted?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 02:11:07 PM by Kingshango »

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Well, it's possible that they may do modern time de-powered Dracula so there is an excuse for an actual game and not just "Lol I'm Dracula game over"
Excuse, sure, but it's still a cheapo way of doing things. It's the generic sequel concept where, while in the previous installment, you've attained some sort of badass powers, the next one does that "Yeah, all those powers you had, they're gone now! Time to build yourself up again!!!". That's a horrid cliche. But even more so horrible because this is Dracu-fuckin-LA! Why would I want to play as a feeble vampire lord who can't break barrels or who adds to list that one of his vampire weaknesses is "falling from heights". Yeah.... no thank you. Might as well make him sparkle in the sunlight!

I'm sorry if this offends anybody, but my god, I just find it ridiculously stupid having a vampire that must be "careful not to fall" because he'll DIE. The thought of a vampire falling off a cliff like Wile E Coyote just makes me laugh and cry at the same time, especially if that vampire is supposed to be the most badass one in the CV world.

The only way I'd be fine with this is if after Dracula falls to his death, a subtitle comes on screen and you hear Patrick Stewart say, "This really did not happen. Dracula can't fall in such a meager way....", then you see a close-up of the corpse and it has YOUR face on it, and Patrick continues, "It's you!! YOU'RE the one that SUCKS!!!", then "Game Over".  ;D

Though, the right way to do it, IMO, is to KNOW that Dracula's not the same Gabriel of the first game, and admit everything's going to be different because of that. Switch up the play mechanic, no more fall damage, no more shimmying. There could be other obsticles(new obsticles do to the new way of playing), but trying to replicate the LoS's play style simply for those comfortable with it, I just don't see that as beneficial. They can keep combos, though maybe make enemies weaker(because Dracula's a BEAST), which IMO was always something I thought they SHOULD'VE done since the first game. Make more verticle areas, make Dracula jump higher, glide or such, and if he DOES fall off areas, he isn't damaged by the fall but carefully placed traps(spikes and such). No bullshit "C'mon weak Drac, time to search the world and regain ALL your powers again so you could fight Satan in the epic final battle".
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 02:34:50 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
I think it's more to do with the lack of info on the game, I can't find any holes out their either so they're keeping info on this game air tight. All that's know is that's known is that the game is structured like Darksiders and Arkham City and that the gameplay has been changed a bit from LOS1 and MoF.

I keep my hype stabilized by watching this over and over and thinking of the possibilities

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - Exclusive Debut Trailer

Can you believe it's almost been a year since this debuted?

It's really been almost a year wow. I try to tell my self guys and gals that it will be okay but with that recent article, and mof being lackluster. I'am just drowning in doubt compared to when LoS came out I was high in the heavens( I wanted to thank kojima in person for helping but alas it was something left unsaid along with a 3d  Gradius.I blame my self in so many was on this if you played ZoE2 you know KP can make a 3d gradius if not just search up zoradius IIRC that is the name of the game). I'm just ahh you know that giant los2 sig pic I had gone for a cute girl with blue hair(heh not going to complain about that  ;) ) But till the end when new info comes I'm updating the page.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
LoS is a GoW clone

This has been stated on the internet for quite a while, and honestly, it's insulting to God of War. Lords certainly borrows a lot of God of War's ideas (QTE's, brutal attacks/deathblows, character maneuverability, etc.), but the game makes no attempt to make them better (which should be the point of borrowing other game's ideas in the first place). Having played every GoW game released (including the 2D cellphone version, not like it matters), I feel Kratos handles more smoothly than Gabriel, and the gameplay in GoW as a whole is more intuitive and satisfying. So to call it an exact clone isn't really accurate. Lords of Shadow is a notch or 2 below God of War's standards, in my opinion. I've never played Dante's Inferno or Bayonetta so I won't comment on those comparisons. And to be honest, QTE's have been in every GoW game, whereas QTE's just don't belong in a Castlevania game. Yet I'm sure Lords of Shadow 2 will include them anyway. The least they can do is implement them where they actually make sense and don't interfere with the pacing (for instance, was it necessary to add a QTE right at the moment when Claudia throws the crystal 50 feet in the air for Gabriel to catch, just to smash it on the Titan's forehead? That is just ridiculous, and that's just 1 example).

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

It's probably for the best for Hype to be at a moderate level. That way one is not disappointed when the game does not deliver up to hype and expectations.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Dude, they're totally the same games really for sure. You guy a person on the screen, and you run around and fight shit, and press the buttons to do cool things.

God, why cant you people see it. It's so obvious.

(click to show/hide)
See, that's exactly the fuck point. I said that they play similar, not that they are bad games. I don't really know how the fuck you got that from my post.

All I said was that I wish this game was more like Darksiders/Arkham City and less like God of War. Cause to me, GoW is the game that is the easiest to compare it too. And I actually like GoW style games, but for the next Castlevania I'd like focus on exploration, hence the Darksiders/Arkham comparison. There's nothing wrong in comparing things, IMO. In fact, it's what I always do. But whatever.

Sometimes people are overly sensitive when you compare video games. It's like "How DARE you compare Call of Duty with Battlefield!? They have NOTHING in common!"

...o...k...

God, THANK.YOU!

Holy shit, you guys are really sensitive and like to read into lines so much.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 05:43:32 PM by Maedhros »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
I've never played Darksiders & Arkham Asylum, either. I've been missing out on a lot of good games for some reason, lol

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
What's with all this downvoting? Butt-hurt fans much?  :rollseyes:

Anyway 1 thing I am looking forward to in LoS2 is the game dialogue/script. Am I the only 1 that thought LoS had some excellent quotes?

"Look at you.. you revel in death!"
"Reap the whirlwinds, scions of death! For hear comes the Prince of Darkness."
"I cannot die.. yet, I cannot live."
"Father, I come for you. Before the end, you will bow down before me!"