Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406077 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I've never played Darksiders & Arkham Asylum, either. I've been missing out on a lot of good games for some reason, lol

If your a fan of Batman and love Metroidvania's, you owe it to yourself to play Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, highly recommend them both.

And Darksiders is more like a Zelda game (if Miyamoto decided to make a grimdark Zelda title) and that it has and big emphasis on exploration (and it has very little QTE's aside from single button prompts, no press X to not die QTE's). Darksiders 2 is also good as well with an even bigger world to explore and a more refined combat system, ( probably the best combat system I've seen in a western game) better customizationand loot, lots and lots of loot.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 07:37:52 PM by Kingshango »

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
This is a fake right? I hope not.  it's 12:44 here so my mind is not working right now....

Castlevania Lords Of Shadow 2 Bloody Tears Extended
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 12:51:03 AM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Fake. I've heard this remix before somewhere.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
This is a fake right? I hope not.  it's 12:44 here so my mind is not working right now....

See Araujo, this is how you make orchestrations.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Speaking of the soundtrack, I wonder how the epic atmospheric type music is gonna work in the modern times? I can't really see a roaring orchestral sound playing while Dracula is nonchalantly walking down the street seconds away from causing chaos.

On second thought, im guessing this why they're going with a electronic synth and orchestral sound.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 09:35:57 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Briraka

• Hunter in Training
  • \m/
    • Awards
So Dracula's goal is to become the Prince of Darkness...

... looks like he's going to have some tough competition.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:39:56 PM by Briraka »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

This sounds sooo fake. Think about how this track drags on. It's not even that great if you ask me. More importantly, where exactly would this track fit in LOS2? I would imagine something like this would of worked in the first LOS but definitely not in the sequel with the whole modern setting and all. With that said, I am pretty disappointed in the reviews for Mirror of Fate.The fact that MecuryStream has shown barely anything gameplay wise for LOS2 since that trailer leaves alot to  be desired. I am hoping they learned from the mistakes of Mirror of Fate and LOS and third time's a charm!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

Castlevania - Bloody Tears Orchestra
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards

Isn't that D.C. Izumi's version of Bloody Tears? Only it's dragged out and the sound is a little cheap (considering it's an orchestra version).
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 01:39:17 AM by A-Yty »

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Quote from:  Dave Cox
Nice preview of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 in @edgeonline magazine this month.

When's the exact date do Edge normally put out their new issues?

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Speaking of the soundtrack, I wonder how the epic atmospheric type music is gonna work in the modern times? I can't really see a roaring orchestral sound playing while Dracula is nonchalantly walking down the street seconds away from causing chaos.

On second thought, im guessing this why they're going with a electronic synth and orchestral sound.
YAY Hype train!  ;D

Edit: WTF Happened to my reputation? -7 in 12 hours with no posts? Actually, all the minuses on old old old posts? Ha.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 06:56:21 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Don't feel bad, I made a thread showcasing my CV collection & now everyone thinks I'm a piece of shit just because of the topic title.

Offline TheAcer

• Awards
Here's a small screenshot of the edge magazines' LoS2 articicle taken from here:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/id451410596?mt=8&affId=1621074&ign-mpt=uo%3D6

Although most of the main article is almost impossible to read, what interested me was the sub-heading for the last paragraph which reads: "Where the first game was a slasher, LOS2 is a gear-gated open-world adventure".

This makes me think that those rumors of the gameplay for LOS2 being similar to that of a Batman Arkham or Darksiders game might actually have some truth to them ;D

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
That's a good thing. Everyone says LoS 1 is a God of War / Shadow of the Colossus clone. If LoS 2 turns out to be a Batman Arkham / Darksiders clone, I'll certainly enjoy it infinitely more. I was never a GoW / SotC fan (I didn't even finished them), but I really like what I've seen from Batman and DS.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

anything