Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406276 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
There's also the juicy rumor that IGA personally vetoed the name Julius.  :)
IMO I don't see how he could, he doesnt OWN the character, but personally, I really kind of want to see a MS Julius. Somon already blew me away with the redheaded barbarian beard of power, Julius would be awesome.

Though didn't they say somewhere it would be an original Belmont?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
IMO I don't see how he could, he doesnt OWN the character, but personally, I really kind of want to see a MS Julius. Somon already blew me away with the redheaded barbarian beard of power, Julius would be awesome.

Though didn't they say somewhere it would be an original Belmont?

Instead of Julius Belmont, they create a female equivalent named Julia Belmont, daughter of Sonia Belmont. :P

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Instead of Julius Belmont, they create a female equivalent named Julia Belmont, daughter of Sonia Belmont. :P
That...
That actually sounds pretty good...

Oh boy what have i done.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-13-several-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-details-emerge

A new article. Still... Light and Dark Magic are still there, but I suppose they play differently.

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
A mastery system, eh? I am actually very interested in this. I am glad Mist Form is back, but I really hope we'll be able to shift into a wolf or a bat as well, other wise, I'mma be one pissed off nerd.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
but I really hope we'll be able to shift into a wolf
If anything, the artwork shows wolf companions/familiars.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Not to sure if it was explained in the game but I remember hearing somewhere (probably on Cox's twitter, again not entirely sure) that the elder of the brotherhood is Rinaldo's younger brother, who was in all likelihood killed by Dracula.

No. 

Cox's original tweet:
CastlevaniaLOS @TEKKENGOOD - His younger brother! Actually just a brotherhood elder :)
--------------------
Translation: "His younger brother" = jest.
"Actually just a brotherhood elder" = the reality of who the elder is.

http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
A female protagonist sounds good, but MS just would NEVER, EVER do it.
From what I've seen, they must think that women stay must in the house, give birth, be protected by powerful men or turn into ghosts.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Not to mention Dracula, oh pardon me, "Dracul" is the protagonist. And a Julia Belmont would be exactly the the kind of shallow, pointless sort of thing I expect from a Hollywood production. Like how the little girl in "Silent Hill" is "Sharon" for no reason at all.
"Stuff and things."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
A female protagonist sounds good, but MS just would NEVER, EVER do it.
From what I've seen, they must think that women stay must in the house, give birth, be protected by powerful men or turn into ghosts.

Sypha Belnades, one of gaming's first badass non-sexualized female playable characters, relegated to kitchen bitch status in Lords of Shadow canon.

Oh also, Claudia's only plot relevance was to get stabbed to death. You know, despite the high level of skill and power, plus black knight control, she actually displayed.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Sypha Belnades, one of gaming's first badass non-sexualized female playable characters, relegated to kitchen bitch status and a magic shield for Simon in Lords of Shadow canon.

Oh also, Claudia's only plot relevance was to get stabbed to death. You know, despite the high level of skill and power, plus black knight control, she actually displayed.

Made a slight correction but your point still stands.

Also this subject regarding women in thr LOS verse has spilled into two threads now, maybe it's time we had a separate thread about it? I'd make it myself but I know it's a touchy subject matter and Im a bit of a wuss to make it tbh.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Sypha Belnades, one of gaming's first badass non-sexualized female playable characters, relegated to kitchen bitch status in Lords of Shadow canon.

That's what I was talking about yesterday on the other post.

Also this subject regarding women in thr LOS verse has spilled into two threads now, maybe it's time we had a separate thread about it? I'd make it myself but I know it's a touchy subject matter and Im a bit of a wuss to make it tbh.
Don't worry, I will make it  :)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lilgigs

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
New screen shots in the Spanish version of gamereactor magazine. It is a free download for the ipad.

Anyone want to translate the article?

http://www.gamereactor.es/

anything