Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406249 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I was expecting they would show a glimpse of the new Belmont character. I hope it isn't that lame angel looking guy, but probably.

It's a brotherhood paladin.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards

Hmmm, I guess they have Combat Crosses, too. I forgot about that.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
I was expecting they would show a glimpse of the new Belmont character. I hope it isn't that lame angel looking guy, but probably.
They're probably not going to reveal the new Belmont in any trailers.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
That trailer was actually impressive.  Damn Cox, getting me hyped up.  I want to play just for the story at this point.  Even if Gabe dies, I want him to get his revenge and happiness he deserves.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
I'm even more surprised you're excited about this, Crisis. I thought you weren't a fan of LoS.

Just because I was overly critical of LoS doesn't mean I wasn't a fan of it. I even own a Gabriel Belmont action figure!

That pre-rendered screenshot of that tubby man is the Toymaker from MoF, for those that are unaware. He was Gandolfi's pupil before falling to the Dark Side of the Force.

I don't think that child is Trevor; the first time Trevor meets Dracula is when he's an adult in MoF.

I'm also hoping for multiple endings!

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

I think that's Laura, minus a ton of hair

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Just because I was overly critical of LoS doesn't mean I wasn't a fan of it. I even own a Gabriel Belmont action figure!
I didn't even know they had Gabriel action figures. o__O

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
When the trailer said, "Our Brightest Hope" and then Gabriel takes out a pocketwatch like device that summons Siberian Wolf and then cues to "Or our Darkest Nightmare" with him sucking blood; I think of it as that they may have a multiple ending decision making plot, which would be pretty cool.

If you're good guy Gabula, you are redeemed by giving free wolf pups to everyone...
If you're being Dracula, then you will succeed in bringing the world into chaos...and then Alucard mode, maybe... Julius? DoS anybody?...

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Multiple Endings would be a good decision, it could be like The Force Unleashed, where you can choose the "Dark Side" by killing Vader or the "Light Side" by sparing him. Except here it would be different, but the same concept.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

Well  I  just woke up like a minute ago and well this is one heck of a wake up call. And yes Marie is beautiful as well as the other brotherhood girl.

Either way I'll be updating the facts page with the trailer and other info we can get so folks do not have to look some 10 maybe 15 pages behind for info.  That all  right guys and gals?   :)  Mind you I just woke up and I probably feel as bad as drac him self waking up  :P
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Overall my reaction was smeh. However, I won't pass final judgement from just watching a trailer.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Lords of Shadow 2 is currently trending on Twitter.

Any rumors from 4chan or whatever? 

Nope. Not now at least.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Leak guy told us Trevor would appear in the trailer, and his younger incarnation did. I don't know if he's on right now but he refused to tell us any more than that.

Oh, he also replied when someone said "the LoS series has had no Medusa Heads." He said "Oh you will love one of LoS2's bosses then."

anything