Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406083 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
LOL, I'm pretty sure the scene people THINK that shows the knight holding the "Combat Cross" is the one they talked about in the magazine where the knight says he's fighting for God and holds up a cross, and Dracula says that he's God's chosen one, grabs the cross, which results in the big explosion(which if it goes down like the magazine said, they cut to a scene of the Earth from space and you can see the explosion from there).

So far, I'm not going to lie, it looks the BEST out of the trilogy. The mood and look of the monsters is sooooo good. But, it's apparent Drac's going to be wall shimmying(they show some scenes), urgh. I do have to say, I like the electronic feel to the music this time around. It just feels... right, and it's not in a way that could've totally shit all over it(like if they would've added dubstep or some "cliche" hip hop beats, which you actually see in SOME horror movies... urgh). I don't care for Oscar's compositions, but this trailer's music is fine by me.

Funny, someone at NeoGAF said it looks more DMC than DmC did.  ;D And while I know a lot of people dislike the idea of an open world, I'm actually totally for it. I don't like to be limited in my gameplay, especially in 3D. 2D, you can let it slide, but the second I played my first 3D adventure game and ran into invisible walls galore, I KNEW there had to be a change in the formula. Power to the innovation and down with the linear corridors!!! ;)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Man that piano piece in the beginning was good, like better than what LOS1 had outside of Belmont theme.

You could actually put that in the intro of a old Castlevania game and it'll fit.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Something we missed. Zobek, we know it is going to be very present in the game (is the cornerstone of the story along with Gabriel), and has not shown anything, it is clear that the key Zobek destination is Gabriel. (you can see a toymaker design ... and I feel that is a minion of Zobek)
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
Someone slap me I just had a ghastly thought. IGN Los2 a 6-7/10 I think everyone understands where I'm coming from this. I feel this will be underrated  :(
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Man that piano piece in the beginning was good, like better than what LOS1 had outside of Belmont theme.

You could actually put that in the intro of a old Castlevania game and it'll fit.
Funny you mention that. I thought the same thing. The trailer starts, the piano piece plays and I was like, "Wait.... uh.... this actually sounds like something you'd here in... the old series. That can't be right.... Where are they going with this?".

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Someone slap me I just had a ghastly thought. IGN Los2 a 6-7/10 I think everyone understands where I'm coming from this. I feel this will be underrated  :(
Well, the game hasn't come out. It could be good or a piece of crap. When it IS released, perhaps ratings will be given accordingly.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
Well, the game hasn't come out. It could be good or a piece of crap. When it IS released, perhaps ratings will be given accordingly.

There is a reason why I put "ign". They have butchered the series since the beginning so I'm just calling it now sadly.   
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
There is a reason why I put "ign". They have butchered the series since the beginning so I'm just calling it now sadly.
Well, y'know the saying, "Can't spell 'ignorant' without 'IGN'!".  ;D

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
As someone who felt burned by LOS and Mirror of Fate I can not help but feel excited about this.

Sure there are still issues I have with it such as the return of Titan battles, the music, and the apparent return of wall shimmying.

But other things such as the open world setting, dark gothic castle and urban streets, great looking sword combat, and the ability to play as Dracula himself sound pretty promising.

Also Alucard as I expected looks much better here did he did in Mirror of Fate. ;D

Really hoping he gets a DLC because it would be such a waste if not.

Would be a real letdown in my opinion.

Trying not to get my hopes up to much, but so  far it has become a definite 5 day rental for me. :)

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
One thing's for certain; Dracula must use, and be defeated by, the power of love, for his agony to finally end, only then, will he be reunited with Marie, and eat the Bread of Life with Jesus

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
I hope Morgan Freeman will do the motion capture and borrow his likeness to God in this game.

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I still want my LoS3 with the Founders as PCs ;D

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
It's weird, I'm neither excited or disappointed about this game. I just feel ready to see it all end. Not trying to sound entitled here, I'm just, I dunno pretty ho-hum about the whole thing.

Plus, I don't own a gaming PC, or 360 and PS3. I have no way of playing this game. That could also be a reason lol

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Plus, I don't own a gaming PC, or 360 and PS3.

so how do you play games? o .o

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
It's weird, I'm neither excited or disappointed about this game. I just feel ready to see it all end. Not trying to sound entitled here, I'm just, I dunno pretty ho-hum about the whole thing.

Plus, I don't own a gaming PC, or 360 and PS3. I have no way of playing this game. That could also be a reason lol

HOW HAVE YOU BEEN LIVING FOR THE PAST SEVEN YEARS!!??  :o

Do you realize what you've missed out on!? You have to change that ASAP, PS3's and 360's are gonna be dirt cheap in a few months. Now's as good time as any to save up some money to get either one with the next gen systems coming out and all.