Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406234 times)

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Naaaaaaaa, I like Zobek, has clear ideas, Gabriel is very indecisive, when God offers to go with the angels decide to stay to fight with Satan and now complains. I like Zobek more than Gabriel, Gabriel is very whiny.
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)

Why are his eyebrows so disturbingly yellow

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
I like Zobek more than Gabriel, Gabriel is very whiny.

This comment is curious to me, considering Gabriel is pretty much "The Stoic" for the majority of Lords of Shadow; not saying much and Zobek does a lot of the talking *for* Gabriel. When he does show emotion, it's usually small bits of sorrow over the deaths of people he'd cared about and large bits of GABE SMASH!!! And Gabeula I didn't see as any more whiny than your typical Castlevania Dracula incarnation. I'm interested to know where you think he's being whiny. (note: I'm not arguing that Zobek is a cool character, in a manipulative bastard-sort of way.)

In regards to this trailer and new info:

Meh. Looks nice. So did LoS1 though. I'll reserve judgment for after I've played at least a demo.

Also...stopwatch.

Time Travel.

Gabriel is now a Time Lord.

Gabe is the new Doctor Who.

Get that man a TARDIS.

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

I still think that boy looks like Laura

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I think young Trevor.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
My bet too, as Gabe's "haunted by his past", but everything is possible.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
That whistle blower on /v/ said that the boy is Trevor at age 10, beyond that he said that there will be no story details for a while and all media will focus on gameplay for now.

Another thing he mentioned is that when you get a game over in this game, Dracula doesn't "die" during gameplay. Since he's been rejected by heaven and hell, his spirit respawns to a certain point and his body reconstructs itself.

Basically an excuse to use the checkpoint system again, only faster.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Another thing he mentioned is that when you get a game over in this game, Dracula doesn't "die" during gameplay. Since he's been rejected by heaven and hell, his spirit respawns to a certain point and his body reconstructs itself.

Basically an excuse to use the checkpoint system again, only faster.
HA! I love it

Everything comes full circle

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Of course you love it... :P

Maybe the game won't have game over screens because of that?

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
If that really happens, then I'll call this game the ultimate pussification of the Castlevania franchise.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards

The Vita-Chambers in BioShock weren't that adorable, so I don't see what's great about this. Other than it's a plot device to explain respawning.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
At least with checkpoints, you start from certain location or beginning of the boss fight in most hack and slash. This is like Prince of Persia 4, where that one chick saves you from traps instead of a game over screen. It sounds nice in theory, but basically you don't face the pain of losing and restart the level. Instead, it's just one huge endurance round... The whole game becomes that. Basically Gabriel will be slain 17 times with one boss, but he'll revive... He is unstoppable.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)