Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406159 times)

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)

I was bored while waiting for E3 conferences .. thought to laugh a little, but did not expect that anyone else liked .. (That is the reason why I put that line end).
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
I might try it out. I admit that I'm not expecting that to happen.

Keep those expectations low and you never just know, Mercurysteam might surprise you.

My greatest fear is that the game is indeed brilliant, but then Mercurysteam leave the scene.  I don't want to go three steps back to Old Kent Road.  We're moving forward as a series here, breaking some new ground.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Keep those expectations low and you never just know, Mercurysteam might surprise you.

My greatest fear is that the game is indeed brilliant, but then Mercurysteam leave the scene.  I don't want to go three steps back to Old Kent Road.  We're moving forward as a series here, breaking some new ground.

Yes and No, I love the spin-off of Lord of Shadows, I think it's great, especially from the point of view of history and art.
But right now I agree that the franchise has another company. Honestly what I most want now is a SOTN style game, with graphics of MoF but in high resolution. For me it would be perfect right after LOS2. Must vary as they say and after 3 Hack & Slash is time to take one of the old. In a few days we will doubt to see what MS does with Contra.
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards

Honestly, it's probably going to be more of the same. From what I can tell, the combat is just like the Light/Shadow magic system from LoS1 just with a different skin, the platforming looks the same, and the titans are back, too. Then again, that doesn't matter if you liked all that, but it's more realistic to expect something close to LoS1 instead of a masterpiece.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
To be fair, the only thing that's the void and chaos powers that are similar is their ability to steal hp and deal extra damage and break guards. When you activate them your entire attack pattern changes, unlike the light and shadow magic which just colors you red or blue using the same weapon.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I was bored while waiting for E3 conferences .. thought to laugh a little, but did not expect that anyone else liked .. (That is the reason why I put that line end).
All those pictures make me wish that, after MS passes the torch, who ever gets ahold of it next, I would REALLY love a Dracula with traits of Vlad the Impaler/Vlad III. I remember, for years after SotN, everybody loved that room where you first encounter Death in(where he strips you of your equipment) because all the impaled bodies in the background. Since with LoS, we've got the opportunity to play as Dracula, I'm hoping he returns to the main villain role NEXT time around and he plays off both "genius tactitian" and "brutal warrior" strengths(on just one or the other).

If the game is good, might as well leave the scene on a high note. I'm hopeful that who ever gets the series next(as long as it's not Ninja Theory), will deliver an interesting take on the series. As long as they don't go FPS CV, or come to some conclusion that if they start catering to the Twilight/MTV's Teen Wolf/Vampire Diaries/Lovely Creatures fanbase, they'll reap in Ka-CHING! from lovelorn and delusional girls. "One teenage girl torn between her love for Dracula and Simon Belmont!", "He's not evil, he's just... misunderstood!". "Living an eternal life means nothing if it's a life without love...",... :rollseyes:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 08:18:53 AM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
I'm really hoping the next team will be from Konami, but I guess that's unlikely.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I'm really hoping the next team will be from Konami, but I guess that's unlikely.
Oh no you don't, Konami studios are the worst in the bussiness, name me one good game from Konami studios this gen. Passable, even.!

Everything comes full circle

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
But when they did it right, they did it really good.

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Gametrailers will have some stuff on the game after Microsoft PC.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
But when they did it right, they did it really good.

Yeah, several years ago.

Current Konami is scummy in the highest order, worse than Capcom even. But for some reason no one bothers to call's them out.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 09:19:04 AM by Kingshango »

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
No one? I think the general opinion is exactly as you described (though I'm not sure I'd call them worse than Capcom).

But isn't that happening to pretty much the majority of Japanese game houses? They outsource their series and overall seem to have lost interest in keeping it together.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
"One teenage girl torn between her love for Dracula and Simon Belmont!", "He's not evil, he's just... misunderstood!". "Living an eternal life means nothing if it's a life without love...",... :rollseyes:

That first bit actually already happend in a CV novel once. :P

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
As long as they don't go FPS CV
I still wanna play Akumajo Dracula The Arcade

Castlevania Akumajou Dracula The Arcade