Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406189 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
They either end up in the "Konami Museum" at their HQ for display (much like the props for the Batman movies end up at the Warner Brothers Museum), in their storage warehouse to be recycled, or in a giant bin in my closet along with every other discarded Konami Castlevania product  ;)

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
If you manage to stick your tentacles on loot like that, I will be officially astounded  ;D

I mean, shit, you've got dem treasures like you was a pirate, but this would really be a crowning achievement  8)

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Those were some of our key problems with the game:
-The wonky framerate
-The over-reliance on QTE's
-The fixed camera (though this wasn't too big of an issue)

I hope he doesn't forget the other issues, though:
-The boring music (I don't think he's gonna do anything about it though)
-The barrel-breaking (not sure what's being done about it)
-The lack of actual platforming and the overuse of shimmying.

I think that was it, wasn't it?  I mean, everything else was pretty ok.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
That has been paltfforming for 10 years (since the Sands of Time)

These are dark times...

Fine. Let's call it ledging. (Ledgeforming?)

Yes, there you go. And for the record, F~U~C~K ledging.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 12:13:40 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards

I remember it going further back. ;)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Did I read somewhere that there will be various Belmonts you fight throughout the game or did I just make that crap up?

Color me happy my 500th post
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 03:08:29 PM by GuyStarwind »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
I mean, shit, you've got dem treasures like you was a pirate, but this would really be a crowning achievement

Indeed, A-Yty-sama, however I believe the crowning achievement I could possibly get for my collection would have to be the L.E. Vampire Killer gold cartridge I showcased a while back, of which only 2 known physical copies exist (I'm HOPING there's a few more). That, or the SotN beta cartridge for the Game.com handheld. Or the Castlevania Resurrection beta CD. STAY TUNED...

Hell, I'm still looking to commission someone to build my Alucard statue, I'm dying to see that realized :/

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Look cool but there are already a oficial cover

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Look cool but there are already a oficial cover
As far as I know, there's no official cover out yet.

So yeah, that new art is DAMN COOL.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Ok the are TWO pre-oficial cover, that is really the same picture. I haven´t a link to image but is one picture with Gabriel and the wolfs. There are two version one complete and one like this (the middle)

http://www.amazon.com/Castlevania-Lords-Shadow-2-Playstation-3/dp/B0088MVP3S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371074818&sr=8-1&keywords=lord+of+shadows+2

One of this two version it will be the oficial. But yes at the moment no OFICIAL cover now.

Edit: More gameply from GameSpot and GameTrailers
http://www.gamespot.com/e3/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-e3-2013-stage-demo-6410045/
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/tmr01k/castlevania--lords-of-shadow-2-e3-2013--first-take

Edit: Some demo review:
http://www.destructoid.com/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-is-my-favorite-game-at-e3-256154.phtml
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 03:51:30 PM by Bergaron »

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards

I remember it going further back. ;)
This one actually require skills. The "platforming" in modern games don't. It's simply automatic.

Offline SaibotMK

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Finally got some confirmation that we do not see everything Dracula has to offer us in the tutorial, but only his 3 main weapons (some combos etc).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQQwlldropE

@3:35 that very attractive women ask him a very attractive question and he gives a very attractive answer. It confirms to me that there is more to Dracula then just what we saw in the demo, I know some of you might think "Well I could have told you that", but I needed more.

Im hyped
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 05:56:53 PM by SaibotMK »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Yeah he says somewhere in one of those two vids up there that there are actually more sub-weapons than the first game.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.