Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406221 times)

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

How can I forget them? As is stands for me, Demon's/Dark Souls are true successors to Castlevania.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
IGA is done with Castlevania since OoE came out. I don't see him coming back (as he's happy with his iOS games).

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
How can I forget them? As is stands for me, Demon's/Dark Souls are true successors to Castlevania.

I know, they're pretty damn sweet. It's funny how little they would need to change in Dark Souls for it to be a really awesome Castlevania game. The environments and settings are already there, so is the intricate level design with a touch of metroidvania. Some of the enemies are spot-on too. And I really like the pace, which is different from every other modern action game and not TOO far from the pace in the NES games. Slow, methodical, strategic and difficult.

The soul collecting would have to be replaced by something else, and all the different character classes could be replaced by one Belmont warrior with a whip. Finally, replacing a few of the bosses and enemies with classic Castlevania monsters and you have a ridiculously awesome Castlevania right there.

So yeah, From Software all the way.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
As far as the prospect of IGA coming back after this one, I enjoyed Order of Ecclesia more than Lords of Shadow and Mirror of Fate both. I'd be happy with his return.

Order of Ecclesia showed he was improving a lot and bringing back some aspects the fans want. He really just needs a bigger budget I think. He's really limited because Konami gives them nothing to develop on.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards

Damn, you're making me wanna go play Lost Kingdoms for Gamecube now. :D
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Before From ever makes a Castlevania game, first they must provide a successor to Otogi and the localization and/or HD remake of Metal Wolf Chaos.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I'm not sure I'd want IGA back. I enjoyed most of his CV games, but even with a bigger budget, I feel he would just fall back into his bad habits. And quite frankly, I'm tired of 2D metroidvanias. I WOULD possibly be interested in seeing him try more classicvanias however. The Adventure Rebirth was interesting and well done. And if he were up to doing a proper 3D metroidvania, I could concede that. (Although it's not like others couldn't possibly make metroidvanias too. I suppose how LoS2's open world works will be interesting.)

Another reason I'm kind of tired of IGA is just this blind fanaticism towards him sometimes. Usually from people who dislike, (or outright hate) the LoS games, while disregarding his own faults. yes, budgets were often a big issue for him. but not all of his faults are just budget related. A lot are just his own bad development habits.

Also, I think he's just run his course, quite simply. He had a pretty damn long run, but it's time for others to enter the franchise and make games. I wouldn't want him being Mr Castlevania forever.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 04:23:24 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I don't mind IGA coming back at all. But I want to see someone else giving the series a go too. IGA isn't the only one who can do games in the older cronology...

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Konami probably won't touch Castlevania for awhile after LoS2 or they'll outsource it to someone else and Vania will become the new Silent Hill. Then Konami will only have MGS left.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
If IGA came back, the only games I'd like to see him make are: Dracula's Curse remake in the style of DXC [which he admitted he'd love to do], ReBirth 2: Belmont's Revenge, and of course, 1999. Should any other game take place in the classic timeline, preferably during the period between LoI and CVIII, then I think other studios should tackle those stories.

Oh yeah, and I guess an 1897 game produced by IGA could be cool, too.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 04:44:08 PM by crisis »

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards

Oh God noooooooooooooooooooo!

It's weird how Contra has had pretty good luck with outsourcing. Not really with sales, but the games have actually been really good. And as iffy as I am still about LoS, it could have been worse.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
If IGA came back, the only games I'd like to see him make are: Dracula's Curse remake in the style of DXC [which he admitted he'd love to do], ReBirth 2: Belmont's Revenge, and of course, 1999. Should any other game take place in the classic timeline, preferably during the period between LoI and CVIII, then I think other studios should tackle those stories.

Oh yeah, and I guess an 1897 game produced by IGA could be cool, too.

Pretty much all of this ^^^

I don't want IGA to come back for good, just to give us some of the games he has been hinting at for soooooooo long such as the CV3 remake and the Battle of 1999 game.

After that it should be handed to a studio who will do the series justice and remember what it established should they decide to go back to and do a game in the original canon such as for example the time period between Lament of Innocence and CV3 and the Bram Stoker inspired castlevania game staring Quincy Morris.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
I agree. He should come back and at least give us 1999's game. That's the only game I absolutely want out of him. After that he can pass the torch on. I just want some closure on it all.

Then we can reboot again, using similar characters in a more Castlevania staple universe than LoS. Hell starts with the basics.

Have a Dracula, a castle, and a Simon. No Belmont turned Dracula, just a Dracula. Hell you don't even have to explain him. He is who he is. Player uses a whip, has some sub weapons. 2D, 3D, whatever. Just something more akin to the original feeling.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
The next Castlevania reboot should be an origin story of Galamoth and his rise as the king of the netherworld. Then plans to invade and take over the world by defeating the most powerful being there, Dracula.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
What if they did another reboot, but try and go back to the classic staple of not being much to the story? I know that's unlikely in today's gaming market where everything has to be a cinematic experience, but it would be nice. Like, classic, conanesque (or not, doesnt matter) Belmont, Vs Dracula who stole his girl, and just go along from there up until modern day again. Screw 100 year cycles and chaos plots, just resurrect him as needed. he's Dracula, always has been, maybe even tie him to THE Vlad Dracula. like, he's legit the real guy. (or, well, was) I can imagine this working. Imagine something like CV1 with next gen tech. With a ripe Gothic atmosphere, which i have to admit, LoS never quite delivered for me. The Land of vampires was cool and oozed Castlevania feel, but the castle itself was mainly icy ruins. the highlight of the area was the approach to the sewer tunnels, with the castle in the background.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

anything