Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406063 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

This reminds me of when POR was first announced. When some news site called Jonathan "David" and claimed the year was 1942.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Ultra lol. Hey, it sounds good but still...
And Iga can't vetoe anything, as if the man had any power, what is he doing by the way? he can probably veto the use of the toilets at night, or something.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Oh, right. I keep forgetting you work at Konami. :P

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Nickname included.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Oh, right. I keep forgetting you work at Konami. :P
Not less than iga does.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Then I need to know where is he, it always burns my heart when a high profile developer goes to obscurity, what happened to Castlevania hero Toru Hagihara? or worse, Masahiro Ueno? Those guys should be in charge of the series now. Perhaps not in a development place, but in a directive positions.

Edit: Well this is surprising, apparently Ueno (director of SCVIV) was in charge of the japanase localization of LoS. Bizarre.
And Hagihara (my favorite, I salute you San) is, well, a senior executive of Konami (Corporate officer).

So perhaps IGA was promoted as well?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 11:57:06 AM by Ahasverus »

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Where are Sotaro Toshima and Yasuhiro Ichihashi?
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Where are Sotaro Toshima and Yasuhiro Ichihashi?
Sotaro Tojima did Halo 4. He's in the big leagues now.

Ichihashi made the pachislots soundtrack (which are awesome) so he's like the only remaining Castlevania only composer out there.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 12:00:07 PM by Ahasverus »

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Good for Sotaro! He deserved to be recognized by everyone.
And I guess that explains why the Pachislot soundtracks are so awesome.
I hope Konami retains him until a new japanese Castlevania is made.
Since Michiru's return is unlikely to happen, Yasuhiro would be perfect for the task.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I think the "Who's who in Castlevania" article could use a little update. It's always neat to see people who worked on the series before make a reappearance. Sometimes also a little sad because a lot of great composers/artists only worked on one game.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 04:17:18 PM by thernz »

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Sometimes also a little sad because a lot of great composers/artists only worked on one game.
Especially now, when I miss them so much.

here's to missing you, soshiro hokkai

I adhere to that!

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Eeehhh... HoD soundtrack is the bottom of the barrel of all Cv's... I know hardware limitations have a lot to do with it but the compositions were not impressive at all.

So by history we can say IGA was promoted? every past Castlevania producer is now a senior executive at Konami.

(click to show/hide)

anything