Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406688 times)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
It took me a lot of time to understand what the progressive compositions in Harmony of Dissonance tried to do, but when I did it, I accepted it as just a strange CV soundtrack.
It still had the entrance theme and a couple more to add to my favourites folder.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
My money's on a whole new Belmont much like Gabriel was. Let's hope that "Iga vetoed the use of Julius" rumor is true.
People keep saying this as if he could do that. Unless he was in a high enough position, (like Inafune was at Capcom) he can't really "veto" the use of Konami's IP. He doesn't own the character. Konami does. (And even then, Inafune couldn't either, most he could do was push for games and such, or veto bad game concepts)

That said, I'm torn. on the one hand, I'd love to see another original Belmont, (and it would work out, starting the series with an original Belmont, and ending it with one) but at the same time, I'd love to see a re-imagined Julius, after Simon and Trevor.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
I think the actual wording by the source was "personal request".

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I think the actual wording by the source was "personal request".
Do we have the source? Tell me it was not 4chan

Everything comes full circle

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Same guy who leaked all the MoF info. It was on 4chan, but he was 100% correct last time.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
People keep saying this as if he could do that. Unless he was in a high enough position, (like Inafune was at Capcom) he can't really "veto" the use of Konami's IP. He doesn't own the character. Konami does. (And even then, Inafune couldn't either, most he could do was push for games and such, or veto bad game concepts)

That said, I'm torn. on the one hand, I'd love to see another original Belmont, (and it would work out, starting the series with an original Belmont, and ending it with one) but at the same time, I'd love to see a re-imagined Julius, after Simon and Trevor.
Without digging again into music territory, I'd be curious to see a MS Julius, since they were indeed some things MS did well to my taste. For example, they have proven to be able to write compelling stories for Castlevania (like everything surrounding Gabriel's story), as well as coming out with some awesome artworks (like Trevor).
So yes, I'd like to see Julius in LoS 2, but only if that doesn't prevent Konami from making the 1999 game in the future.
A tragic story between Julius, Gabriel and Alucard with the same vibe of that in MoF involving Gabriel and Trevor/Alucard could turn out to be really good.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Melanicus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
"Quiet, Yoda and Obi-wan! Be MODERATE with the Force, Luke!! Or: Be STRONG with the LIGHT SIDE, but in *using it*, Luke, use the appropriate strength!!"

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Well, if nothing else at least I can say this series does LOOK pretty awesome.
"Stuff and things."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
So we know that for whatever reason Dracula uses the time machine located within his castle to travel back to when Carmilla was still human. But for what purpose? There's been theories that he tries to prevent them from becoming evil or himself turning into Dracula, but how can that be if he's still a vampire in modern times when he time travels when he's obviously still younger? I'm confused, and we must solve this mystery before the game is delayed then finally released.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
If I have learned something from time travel movies is that logic never enters the equation.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Hmm, that dragon like creature Dracula is fighting is called "A Daughter of Satan."
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 12:50:50 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
So I can't get over the hilarity of this image that the official Facebook page for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow posted:

The caption reads: "We're at Comic Con asking fans/heroes/villains which weapon they are more excited for: Void Sword or Chaos Claw? Looks like Vader has decided to decimate the Rebel defenses with his Chaos Claw! Which would you wield?"

The irony is Konami's social network people probably have no idea how appropriate this image is. The parallels make this image priceless.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)

Well, I'm intrigued.

Everything comes full circle

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
how will lords 2 expand upon the critically successful chess mini-game
stay tuned to find out...

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
So I can't get over the hilarity of this image that the official Facebook page for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow posted:

The caption reads: "We're at Comic Con asking fans/heroes/villains which weapon they are more excited for: Void Sword or Chaos Claw? Looks like Vader has decided to decimate the Rebel defenses with his Chaos Claw! Which would you wield?"

The irony is Konami's social network people probably have no idea how appropriate this image is. The parallels make this image priceless.
I've always thought that Gabriel is to LoS what Darth Vader is to the Star Wars saga (6 movies).
The only thing missing is Cox saying "Lords of Shadows is the story of the rise, fall and redemption of Anakin Sk- I mean, Gabriel Belmont."

That's not a bad thing at all, in my opinion.

anything