Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406287 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
I really don't think they'll reveal Satan's "true" form this early. UNLESS he's fought early in the game and there's a new final boss (which I hope)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Hey, anyone got that "everyone goes apeshit when someone mentions Lords of shadow" image? I seem to have lost mine

I made another one. Love these things.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

On another note, a new preview from GI that goes beyond the demo:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/07/20/surviving-dracula-s-castle-in-lords-of-shadow-2.aspx#comments

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

Remade it here: http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,4965.msg139337.html#msg139337
Thaaaanks. I think I made the original... But I never bothered saving it lol.

Also, i can't wait for LoS2. i mean man. LoS was hype, but LoS2 seems even MORE hype.

Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I'll have to disagree, I think that's a minotaur.
This! He reminds me of the Minotaur in Harmony of Dissonance:

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)

The first impression upon seeing the mansion ... ALONE IN THE DARK 1 pc 1992 ... good memories.

It looks like a mansion just outside the castle (seen the way the castle in the background) probably any city park.
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I don´t known that in E3 was 2 diferent demos.

From a user of Neogaf:

"The LOS2 demo at E3 was actually on PC AND consoles. The first time I played it, I was at one of the lower stations, and I couldn't help but notice how terrible it looked..muddy textures, jaggies, low framerate..but while I was playing, I kept looking past my demo station to the person playing on the row above me, and it clearly looked vastly better on their demo station. Once I had finished, I walked up there and, sure enough, that row of demo stations had little tags on them that said "PC DEMO". They were using 360 controllers, though. But The PC version looked simply astounding. Completely fluid, smooth, no jaggies, and high res textures. The difference between that demo station and the XB360 one on the row below was night and day.
Interestingly, I asked one of the devs if there were any plans to release the game on PS4/Xbone, and they just said "Well, nothing's been announced yet..."
Which leads me to believe that they will be putting it out on next gen consoles. The game is supposed to release in December? I can't imaging them releasing it after the new consoles are already out, and not planning on a port. With as good as that PC demo looked, it'd be a shame if they didn't.
"

Source: http://67.227.255.239/forum/showthread.php?t=592401&page=2

just as I feared, the 360 can not handle the game .. good I had thought affects the PC version from the beginning
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
"Dracula then unleashes a few devastating attacks on the golem and performs a final quick time event to finish him off."

lel

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
"Dracula then unleashes a few devastating attacks on the golem and performs a final quick time event to finish him off."

lel
Yeah, that and the whole parkour leaping from falling debris to falling debris, which I don't doubt will be QTE too. Tisk tisk tisk...

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Yeah, that and the whole parkour leaping from falling debris to falling debris, which I don't doubt will be QTE too. Tisk tisk tisk...
Hasn't the gaming industry learned that gamers for the most part don't like QTEs? I mean there are some exceptions, but for the most part, QTEs in games suck. If they are put into the combat and you are given enough time to react, like in KH2, No More Heros, and Mad World, then that's fine. But in my experience, most QTEs are terrible. Oh, and lets not forget the ones in RE4. Those are the worst example of hard bad QTEs can be.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards

One word: RYSE.

Even a developer of God of War was offened by the amount of QTE's in that E3 demo.

And the best part? You don't even have to press a button to finish them, the game does it by itself.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 02:37:32 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Hello, new here... here's something interesting to read about LOS2

http://www.destructoid.com/new-lords-of-shadow-2-gameplay-emphasizes-exploration-258489.phtml

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
"This desire to prevent Dracula’s escape culminates in a battle with one of Dracula’s former minions, the vampire orc. This battle was particularly gruesome as the foe is able to knock you down and drive a sword straight through your chest, requiring a series of button presses to remove the sword and beat back the enemy."

The saga continues...

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
Would've been nice if THERE they used the real Olrox (not that stupid knockoff from the first game, but the actual Olrox).
Not just "Vampire Orc".  Seriously, Orc? C'mon, fuggetaboutit!
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
It's official name is Vampire Warrior, not Vampire Orc though. Althought it does look orcish.

Wish I could post the picture of him but I can't atm but he's seen in the trailers getting a mouthful of sword.

Anyhow, im surprised people out surprised that QTE's are returning. I thought it was a foregone conclusion by now. Hell everything from the first game is returning, shimmying, plank walking (although there's no need to balance yourself) orchestral hollywood esq music. The only things that are different are the camera control, the void and chaos powers and it's open world.

I say expect the expected when it comes to this game and nevermind the unexpected.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 03:47:41 PM by Kingshango »

anything