Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406134 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Technically MegaManX is also a sequel series, not truly a spin-off.
I guess it was that kind of mentality?

Neither one of the games was the 'tenth' game, either... well, not really.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I thought symphony was Castlevania X for "10"
- Castlevania
- Simon's Quest
- Castlevania III
- Super CV IV
- Dracula X
- Rondo of Blood
- Castlevania MSX
- The Adventure
- Belmont's Revenge
- Symphony of the Night

Everything comes full circle

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards

Castlevania
Vampire Killer
Simon's Quest
Haunted Castle
The Adventure
Castlevania III
Super Castlevania IV
Belmont's Revenge
Akumajo Dracula X68000
Rondo of Blood

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Better yet, Rondo is X too, and symphony is the sequel to rondo so, I dunno.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Better yet, Rondo is X too, and symphony is the sequel to rondo so, I dunno.

Think of it as Megaman X, like Jorge said.

Also this X thing started because this way they could try new things without fear, IGA said that not me. X started this anime thing, item crash and Belmonts doesnt being the main focus anymore (Maria isnt like these chars in CV3 anymore, you can play all the game only with her and they even made a joke final only for her).

But it seems that after these "tests" became a sucess, it was greenlight has the new model for Castlevania's titles.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Too fanaticism on all sides, and there are more than two sides ..
I think Konami has nothing to lose, whatever you do will be severely criticized by one side or the other.

After LOS2 Konami would have to say which is the team that gets CV

LOS1 PC, adapted it to PC by a team (think Irish) who works hard for Konami ... maybe it's an option, I think they did things with Silend Hill.
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
You mean Konami will lose whatever they do.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
The rumor about Julius being cut off from the game out of IGA's respect CONFIRMED
One thing I will say about Mr. Igarashi is that there were certain things we didn’t want to do in our game because we felt it was stepping on his toes. Out of respect. I can’t tell you now, but there was a certain thing that we were going to have in this game that I felt was going too far, it was encroaching on his universe. I didn’t want to do it purely because if he had the opportunity to do another title, it’s his baby and it’d be wrong for us to do that. We set out our story, we’re separate, this is our take. Whatever happens next, it’s not up to me.
http://www.destructoid.com/digging-deeper-into-lords-of-shadow-2-with-dave-cox-258628.phtml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
You stole my thunder, I was gonna post that! >:(

Joke aside, it's nice to know that IGA is still doing at least something at Konami besides fetching coffee. And that's quite humble of Cox to respect IGA's wishes to not include certain characters and events.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 11:29:12 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
IGA is whipping everyone thats not using 100% of their potentital to work, so yes, he still do some important things.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
The rumor about Julius being cut off from the game out of IGA's respect CONFIRMEDhttp://www.destructoid.com/digging-deeper-into-lords-of-shadow-2-with-dave-cox-258628.phtml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

These words of Cox, sound like they didn´t want to play much the work of Igarashi, because Igarashi still has something to say in upcoming titles ..
Hopefully soon because I sold the 3DS and I bought a Vita... now is the most expensive paperweight I've had ...
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I thought symphony was Castlevania X for "10"
- Castlevania
- Simon's Quest
- Castlevania III
- Super CV IV
- Dracula X
- Rondo of Blood
- Castlevania MSX
- The Adventure
- Belmont's Revenge
- Symphony of the Night

IIRC in the iga gamecenter cx interview the X represented that they could do anything and that's why they put it there.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
IIRC in the iga gamecenter cx interview the X represented that they could do anything and that's why they put it there.
Well that was what Iga said but both Rondo and Symphony were made by Hagihara, not him. But yeah that's prbobably the reason, kinda like MegamanX.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Well that was what Iga said but both Rondo and Symphony were made by Hagihara, not him. But yeah that's prbobably the reason, kinda like MegamanX.

Right his would be wife worked on rondo and he entered SOTN later on did he not?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P