Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406188 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
My only hope is for the game to be looooong, as this is going to be our last in god knows how many years (3, 4?) I hope it's highly replayable, filled with secrets and long as hell.

--------> This long, MercurySteam, plskthx.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Hello, new to the forum but have been lurking for awhile. For those interested in whether certain characters may be playable in Lord of Shadows 2 such as Alucard this interview with Dave Cox confirms that you will play as other characters.

http://www.examiner.com/article/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-exclusive-with-david-cox

RS: What other characters will you be able to play? What about the Belmonts?

DC: It’s really focused on Dracula as a main character so there’s no like, co-op. There are parts of the game where you play with other characters. There is a Belmont. Again, that’s not something we want to show right now, there is a Belmont who is intent on Dracula’s destruction. There is Alucard, who’ve we’ve seen in the trailer, and some characters from the previous game that are making a return, as well as new enemies.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 03:03:45 AM by Trevorcard »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

Well that answers that question. As we thought, there will be Reverie-like segments.

My only hope is for the game to be looooong, as this is going to be our last in god knows how many years (3, 4?) I hope it's highly replayable, filled with secrets and long as hell.

--------> This long, MercurySteam, plskthx.

Well, considering they seem to be going for an Arkham City style open world, hopefully there will be some long replayability and gameplay time and such.

Thoughts, Trevorcard?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 03:14:59 AM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Heh well I liked this nickname so much I decided to take as a username. Also I would expect that there might be sections where maybe Alucard fight with you like Zobek did in the first Lord of Shadows hopefully with way better A.I.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
@CastlevaniaLOS Can you tell me the new Belmont is from the old castlevania or completely original ? give me a hint. even just a little...
@JohnCen62865707 - Yes and Yes... :)

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Since it is most likely not Julius now. I kinda hope if its a original belmont or an old one that is female. I think in one interview Dave cox did mention that Sonia Belmont was a candidate for one of the Belmonts in Mirror of fate.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
If they absolutely must use an old Belmont character I would like it to be Sonia. I also recall that tweet where Sonia was considered to be playable in MoF. There was also a tweet where Cox said they were interested in exploring the concept of a female Belmont, but not in MoF. Honestly, if it turns out to be her, I would give MercurySteam some major kudos.   

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Agreed. But also maybe Dave Cox is subtly suggesting there might be more than one belmont?  :o I would be interested to see a game where you see a full Belmont Clan instead of just one representative.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Good thinking. Then the tweet I just posted would actually make sense.  :P

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Thanks. You know I wouldn't be against a Mr. and Mrs. Belmont team up :D. Makes me wish for a game where you play as Trevor and Sypha Belmont after they got hitched on their honey moon killing demonic fools!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards

And I hope the game isn't too long, one thing that I disliked about the original Lords was that it dragged on and onnn (one of the main reasons why I haven't had the desire to replay it).. they seriously should've cut out the first 3 or 4 chapters (even longer when you consider the DLC) And Zobek's mind-numbing speeches kept making me tired. Make the game straight to the gusto, one thing I hate is filler stages that add nothing but impede the game's progress.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Apparently Dave Cox doesn't like Richter Belmont :P. I do agree that Lord of Shadows dragged after the Castle part and I think that is partly due to the long length of Chapter 2 and also how boring looking the land of death looked. Although I did like some of the bosses and puzzles in it but the super lame final boss battle with Satan  left a bad taste in my mouth ( we were robbed a Zobek battle!).

The Best Chapters or sections in Lord of shadow were the 1st Chapter, the last quarter of chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, all chapters to do with castles. Worst were the land of death and anything to do with Spiders.
Maybe there might be cameos of Belmonts through flashbacks?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 10:25:08 AM by Trevorcard »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
I'm thinking it's either Richter or Sonia.

The possibility of a Michael Belmont makes sense too considering the biblical connections the characters namesakes have.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
His name should be David Belmont and he should look like David Boreanaz

Or Hideo Belmont