Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406049 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)

Me too, only noticed its a man looking at this image. It seems that Bridget isnt the only one crossdressing in this game lol

...and he didn't want to touch Command Mission with a 10 foot pole, because "EEW, RPG"

This doesnt sounds convincing to me, since he did thie .EXE/Battle Network series. He could have his reasons, but this doesnt seems to be one of them.

Also, there is Satan for you guys:
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I thought X5 was Inafune's last X game since it was supposed to be the definite end to the series. I do think Infaune exit accounts for the drought. After he left Megaman Legends 3 was cancelled and there doesn't seek to be any more downloadable games. Whether he was involved in all Megaman games or not his presence in company represented support for the series. I fear Capcom won't find any interest in continuing the series.

Also you guys since we have enemies called Daughters of Satan? Are we going to fight Satan's Baby Momma? Possibly a Lilith boss?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 05:49:38 PM by Trevorcard »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I thought X5 was Inafune's last X game since it was supposed to be the definite end to the series.

It is. I think that Flame mistyped it, but I cant confirm.

I do think Infaune exit accounts for the drought. After he left Megaman Legends 3 was cancelled and there doesn't seek to be any more downloadable games.

Megaman Legends 3 has began production after he left Capcom, that was a miracle and capcom ruined this chance that he and MML fans waited for years.

Also you guys since we have enemies called Daughters of Satan? Are we going to fight Satan's Baby Momma? Possibly a Lilith boss?

That would be really cool.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

And his real form is even more impressive.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Inafune doesn't hate RPG's. He specifically said that Megaman X isn't meant to be an RPG, and so he didn't agree with the call to do a game like that. It's printed clear as day in the R20 /Megaman Complete Works art book.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards

Man if you lost against him, you would get Alucard and Belmont saying "OMG YOU KILLED DRACULA, you Bastard!"

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Inafune doesn't hate RPG's. He specifically said that Megaman X isn't meant to be an RPG, and so he didn't agree with the call to do a game like that. It's printed clear as day in the R20 /Megaman Complete Works art book.

This explanation was better.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
You know its actually shame that X game developed like Metroid Prime game was cancelled although it may not have succeeded at least it would brought something new for the Mega man series.

One thing I liked about Lord of Shadows and its a concept they should expand on is the fact that certain bosses had two forms just like Dracula or Death having two or more forms in the previous games. Would love if Satan has three forms since I was pretty disappointed after fighting Satan in Lord of Shadows that he only had one form.
Also,
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 07:20:55 PM by Trevorcard »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I thought X5 was Inafune's last X game since it was supposed to be the definite end to the series.

It is. I think that Flame mistyped it, but I cant confirm.

He left the role of X series Executive Producer around X5's early development, leaving his team simply with saying "finish the X series". He admits to having very little involvement beyond that.

Which is why I take exception with people complaining about how X6 is "not canon" because "capcom made it behind Inafune's back"

If he left the role of Executive producer, then he cannot complain when the company that OWNS THE IP decides to continue the story. Not to mention the team themselves felt the story could still go on and had avenues left to explore.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I guess but I do remember the X games not being as good after X5 and although I am not person who all about sticking to Canon with exception of Metroid Other M (that asinine piece of shit that should be struck off), I do recall that X5 felt like a great conclusion to the series.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I guess but I do remember the X games not being as good after X5 and although I am not person who all about sticking to Canon with exception of Metroid Other M (that asinine piece of shit that should be struck off), I do recall that X5 felt like a great conclusion to the series.
Yeah X5 was the last good game in that series. X6 was the last 2D game and it sucked. The series was suppose to end with X5 and the only reason it continued was because Capcom wanted to milk the series for all it was worth and ended up with crappy forced games that were one big turnoff.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Yes, we want sequels, but not forced ones.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
That why I considered the Mega man Zero games as the true sequels to X5 in terms of gameplay and story. Also the twist of Zero being the last creation of Dr. Wily was a excellent pay off that few series accomplish that.

Back on topic, I am full of questions these days lol but seriously interviews keeps saying Dracula goes into thousand years slumber but strange to me because if he wakes up at present day it must be less then that. How long does Dracula in this version reign? It would be a shame after Mirror of Fate if immediately is dethroned rather then reigning for couple of hundred years. I guess I had placed Alucard and Dracula meeting in the start of LOS2 in taking place in time period similar to SOTN in the 16th or 17th century.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Yeah X5 was the last good game in that series. X6 was the last 2D game and it sucked. The series was suppose to end with X5 and the only reason it continued was because Capcom wanted to milk the series for all it was worth and ended up with crappy forced games that were one big turnoff.

I find it the opposite. I like X6 better than X5.

and again, milking the series? the very team behind X5 wanted to keep it going. They felt the story still had possibilities. 9and they did manage to squeeze 2 good sequels. (x6, XCM)

That why I considered the Mega man Zero games as the true sequels to X5 in terms of gameplay and story.

Honestly, I think the Zero series story turned out for the better with X6+
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 09:08:08 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
I agree that the MMX series should've ended at X5, although X6's story & characters were intruiging, it did seem forced (it's as if Inticreates wanted to make a MMZ5 & MMZ6 [no i don't mean ZX], just because they felt there was still more room for story, despite there being a satisfying end to this sub-series already in place). The entire saga up to that point was leading up to X & Zero inevitably fighting each other, Wily's ongoing influence, etc. X5 was the climax of all that, and the sequel series MMZ was a continuation of the legacy. I felt the remaining X games just muddied up the waters & IMO somewhat tarnished the legacy; I could go on & on but that belongs in another topic, def not here.

How long does Dracula in this version reign?

I recall Cox tweeting that Dracula hasn't fed in over 100 years, which is why he looks so decrepit in current times. Guess we won't know for sure until the game is released.