Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406050 times)

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Well he didn't say Legends. He said Sonia Belmont. And I think there is affection for her probably because she is only female belmont and she has a nice design. The cancelled Castlevania resurrection sporting her attests to her appeal.

I hope not all the Titan battles in the game are like the one in the beginning level. It felt more like a level then a boss battle. Although I applaud from trying to move away from Shadow of Colossus aspect of Titan battles in First game. I would like to see a combination of Bayonetta type of boss battle with the Titans like the major angel bosses and followed by platforming to ascend higher then battle and then platforming and repeat to make it more fluid. 
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 12:36:16 AM by Trevorcard »

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Bleh, to me Sonia=Legends. I'm somehow unable to separate the two. It's not that she's a woman, it's just that the game she was in sucked ass. I think if there was a female Belmont in a game that was actually good, the devs would have no choice but to pay more attention.

I haven't really been following things but I hope any titan battles are more like Dracolich and less like the other two. I hated the other two, but I thought the Dracolich was an incredible level somehow.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Its interesting but I feel all the Titans battle have ingredients for amazing boss battle although the Stone Titan is my favorite. The Ice Titan for the danger of getting pushed off, the Stone Titan in that you had to bring her down and Dracolich for the sheer size and the fact that you had to climb up. With Dracolich I feel like the climbing part was great you never really any danger from him. So I feel like Titan battles shouldn't be just platforming but just mix of boss battle with platforming. A way I would have improved the Dracolich boss battle was that you fight him at first whether flinging rocks at him or doing something to damage him as he tries to breathe toxic smog on you. As he flees you latch on to him and climb up and destroy two of his runes and fall off on a platform and keep fighting till you latch on again to destroy his remaining runes. And then the final stretch should been a normal boss battle. It would made things much more challenging.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
You are right in that the Dracolich never really poses any threat once you know how to do it. I like your idea actually!

I didn't enjoy the other two titans though. I thought I would but the fights were just too slow and didn't really pose any challenge other than, "Bleh, where do I head next?"

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I think looking back I may have enjoyed the Titan battles of sense of scale and surprisingly it was less QTE then God of War 3 :P. That is one aspect I hope they put less of the QTES. I am actually not against QTES but when they are used in overabundance it gets annoying. You know Lord of Shadow challenge peaked with the Olrox battle and then became really easy I hope it maintains a solid difficulty throughout the game and option to not put check points in a boss battle. Lord of Shadows and Mirror of Fate have great boss battles but they get diminished by this new check point system. A symptom of the Modern gaming era.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Regarding exploration, i have this pessimistic thought that they would just give power ups and map percentage points.
I like power ups (especially level ups) and map percentage completion, those are some of my favourite parts of MetroidVania games.
Do you like them?
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I think we are going to get what we got in Mirror of Fate - Knight scrolls, Health, Hearts, MP power ups with light and shadow magic power ups as well as apparently according to the Destructoid preview power ups to turn into Dragons. But also in articles mentions that there will be optional areas that are secret in games so maybe optional enemies and bosses that would be cool. I think if they take Metroid prime as a model for exploration and power ups it will be good.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
@HereIsKeiSha, What are your Thoughts about a Female Belmont? Excited to see Carmilla & Marie ! Any clue about the Release date?

Dave Cox ‏@CastlevaniaLOS - I like the idea. Sonia was one of my faves!
Hmmmmmmm.
Dave does lurk around here sometimes. He was probably reading this thread not too long ago.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
make her beat up gabby

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
+3
Dave does lurk around here sometimes. He was probably reading this thread not too long ago.
Yeah, this is where he gets his ideas of how to troll us. He uses it against us. He is the "True Lord of Darkness"!!!
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
@HereIsKeiSha, What are your Thoughts about a Female Belmont? Excited to see Carmilla & Marie ! Any clue about the Release date?

Dave Cox ‏@CastlevaniaLOS - I like the idea. Sonia was one of my faves!
Hmmmmmmm.

Maybe yes, maybe no..
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 12:47:32 PM by Bergaron »
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Lies. Anyone other than Tuxedo Mark who says Legends was one of their favorite games is probably Taliban. xD

Hey, I like Legends.

Maybe yes, maybe no..

Bergaron is Cox!!! xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Dave can speak english, i use google translate, only speak spanish, that said all xD.
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Dave can speak english, i use google translate, only speak spanish, that said all xD.
Don't lie to us, Enric

Everything comes full circle

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)

EVERYTHING IS LIES

anything