Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406276 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
They are jagged because it was never intended for a non-3DS release IMHO. you can see that these jags are from the so called 3d effect from 3DS, it uses it for make the 3D illusion thing. They need to remove it for this release, but the thing is: they will?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
It's gonna be out on October 29th in North America at PSN and XBLA.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
if you get the PC version I'm sure they will have AA, if not I'm sure you can force AA with your video card (catalyst or Nvidia)

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I dont have a PS3 nor a 360, so PC it will be for PC :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline jmodlin210

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
After Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 gets released this year, will they make Castlevania Lords of Shadow 3 or move onto a new entry in the Castlevania series? Will they make more Castlevania Lords of Shadow games after Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 gets released?

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Cox said a while back that Lords 2 would be the last game in the trilogy, but he might walk that back depending on what Konami wants.

There was also a brief rumor that IGA may be planning a 3DS CV for the original series. Buuuuuut that was just rumor.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I prefer to believe in this rumor and be deceived than believe in LoS2 hype and be deceived. I will believe in it only when I see.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 06:42:34 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
+2
Rumors are rumors. Personally, I'm tired of IGA made games. They all feel the same (OoE is an exception). Plus, all we will get is decent gameplay and a sucky story that will be shoe-horned into the timeline somewhere. That's his M.O. Then again, who knows. This might be the long wished for 1999 war we've been waiting for. But, it's been so long that I doubt it.

For now, to me, it's just a baseless rumor and nothing more.

Regarding a LoS3, I don't think so. LoS2 is supposed to be the end of the trilogy (or so we've been told). Once, the LoS trilogy is done, I would love to see another team to get the opportunity to create their vision of CV. As much as I like the old games, I think seeing different interpretations of CV is interesting. We've essentially have seen MS's interpretation (the LoS trilogy) with it's final chapter (LoS2) to be release this winter. I'm curious what another group will do with the series. Will they go back to the old timeline and give it true closer? Or, will they give us another reboot with their own vision of CV? Only time will tell and I'm going to keep an open mind and eagerly await the future of CV. Whatever comes next, I just hope that it is unique, yet some what faithful to the original games in terms of music and atmosphere.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline jmodlin210

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Will they do Castlevania Lords of shadow by another studio? Will they do Castlevania games in old timeline or reboot the series after LOS2 gets released later this year? Heard Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 gets released in November 2013.

Will they do Castlevania Lords of Shadow 3?

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Rumors are rumors. Personally, I'm tired of IGA made games. They all feel the same (OoE is an exception). Plus, all we will get is decent gameplay
That's enough. Oh, and great music too. I don't care about anything else.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
It's gonna be out on October 29th in North America at PSN and XBLA.

Now the only question is, do I get the PSN version or wait and get it on PC? I really want the PC version but I think I'm gonna have a hard time waiting for it.  :P I hope it won't come out too much later.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Will they do Castlevania Lords of shadow by another studio? Will they do Castlevania games in old timeline or reboot the series after LOS2 gets released later this year? Heard Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 gets released in November 2013.

Will they do Castlevania Lords of Shadow 3?
Lords of Shadow 2 is the finale Lords of Shadow game. It's just a trilogy(LoS, MoF, LoS2).

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Logically the games should be named like this;
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 - Mirror of Fate
The Dragon Returns - Castlevania Lords of Shadow 3

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Logically the games should be named like this;
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 - Mirror of Fate
The Dragon Returns - Castlevania Lords of Shadow 3
Yeah. I just don't think Cox/MS count MoF as a full fledged installment more than a 1.5 chapter. Though, it IS a full game, and it's place counts as part of the trilogy.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Plus, all we will get is decent gameplay and a sucky story that will be shoe-horned into the timeline somewhere.

No offense but I don't think I've met many people who play Castlevania for the story. The series has never been strong in that department ever since the NES days. A basic premise is usually enough, since the focus of the games have always been in the gameplay and never the story - that's been the case since 1986.

anything